Female Doing Driving Practice Crashes Into Home, Causing Major Damage

Georgealbert

21 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Awesome driving! Accidentally stepped on the accelerator? So, off the road, through the fence, crash the door and run through a room and go through the kitchen wall as well. Might take 10-15 seconds for this woman to understand it´s time to remove the foot. Great reactions!

A lot of drivers here have never driven anything other than an automatic car and have never been trained, or trained poorly and use the left foot for the brake and right foot for the accelerator. 

There are so many of these incidents, usually in multi-storey car parks with  car going off the side !! (we haven't had one of those yet this month !!)... 

My guess that these situations are caused by panic and the 'novice' driver stamping down on anything with both feet... 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

A lot of drivers here have never driven anything other than an automatic car and have never been trained, or trained poorly and use the left foot for the brake and right foot for the accelerator. 

There are so many of these incidents, usually in multi-storey car parks with  car going off the side !! (we haven't had one of those yet this month !!)... 

My guess that these situations are caused by panic and the 'novice' driver stamping down on anything with both feet... 

....and according to the news on AN, it's always a female driver.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You are most likely right. 🤣

17 hours ago, JoePai said:

The car had crashed through the concrete fence, the front door, and the inner kitchen wall of the house

Now that is impressive  🤣

10/10 for her parallel park.

19 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

However, in her panic while trying to steer the car back onto the road, she accidentally pressed the accelerator, causing the vehicle to speed across the road, crash through the concrete fence, and smash into the house before coming to a stop in the kitchen.

Two pedals to choose from, how difficult is it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Absolutely correct IMO.  Automatic cars in the hands of novice drivers are just accidents waiting to happen. It should be compulsary to learn manual transmission then when a driving test is passed they can buy an automatic.

There is a mindset here that in some way automatics are superior in every way to manual transmissions. One less thing to have to learn and better for shorter legs. 

26 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Cos' you should brake with your right foot , that means your right foot is off the accelerator .

Thats  why I left foot brake, to keep my right foot on the throttle.

Helps with corners exits to keep the engine on boost.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, JoePai said:

The car had crashed through the concrete fence, the front door, and the inner kitchen wall of the house

Now that is impressive  🤣

Some days it's just not advisable to get out of bed.

21 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

And I suppose that you believe that Hitler and Elvis are neighbours, both living on the moon.

Whilst stating women can't drive is, of course, an inaccurate generalisation, there's plenty of scientific research on the matter of relative physical co-ordination between genders, generally finding men have superior hand-eye co-ordination skills. I mean, I think anyone going through life could casually observe that but if academic research is required...

Here's one example conclusion "The males outperformed in efficiency index when compared to females in hand-eye coordination with repeated practice. The study concluded that males were having greater efficiency index and less number of errors and less time taken compared to females."

In fact, it's almost as if men and women are different in some ways, each having their own respective strengths and weaknesses !