Optician shop - REALLY BAD

LTHAI

20 hours ago, KannikaP said:

If there is a Zenni factory in Bangkok, why were mine made in China and shipped to me here? Strange eh?

Maybe certain models only were made or value added in Thailand.  Same as in other industries. 

EssLux.png

EssilorLuxottica operates a large plant in Rayong manufacturing ophthalmic lens and frames, covering 220,00 sqm and employing 6,000 people.

Prices in Thailand shall be competitive, due to no import duties.

For those who don't know EssilorLuxottica, the company owns the brands Ray-Ban, Persol, Oliver PeoplesAlain MikliOakleyFoster GrantCosta Del Mar and many more, in addition to licensing prescription and non-prescription sunglasses frames for many luxury and designer brands including Chanel, Prada, Giorgio Armani, Burberry, Versace, Dolce and Gabbana, Michael Kors, Coach, Miu Miu and Tory Burch.

The company retails its products also directly, through its fully owned retail chain "Sunglass Hut".

Edited by AndreasHG
  • Thumbs Up 1

Brought missus recently to Singapore and visited a branded sunglasses store. Asked for the price and was told it was around US$ 400. I asked them if the plastic frames could deformed if left too long under the sun in the car. “Isn’t it made of plastic?” was the reply. 
I would have thought for the price it could be made from some engineered plastics that could withstand high temperature under the sun as car interior can go up to 70 degree Celsius . Finally missus got a couple of premium ‘branded ‘ sunglasses made in China when we visited Ho chi Minh , paid a tenth of the price and couldn’t felt better. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AndreasHG said:

EssLux.png

EssilorLuxottica operates a large plant in Rayong manufacturing ophthalmic lens and frames, covering 220,00 sqm and employing 6,000 people.

Prices in Thailand shall be competitive, due to no import duties.

For those who don't know EssilorLuxottica, the company owns the brands Ray-Ban, Persol, Oliver PeoplesAlain MikliOakleyFoster GrantCosta Del Mar and many more, in addition to licensing prescription and non-prescription sunglasses frames for many luxury and designer brands including Chanel, Prada, Giorgio Armani, Burberry, Versace, Dolce and Gabbana, Michael Kors, Coach, Miu Miu and Tory Burch.

The company retails its products also directly, through its fully owned retail chain "Sunglass Hut".

Invoice for specs with Essilor varifocal lenses. Is Bht 9050 each a competitive price.  Used Zenni ever since.

Screenshot 2024-10-24 142137.png

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Invoice for specs with Essilor varifocal lenses. Is Bht 9050 each a competitive price.  Used Zenni ever since.

Screenshot 2024-10-24 142137.png

Fair price for the quality. I paid about the same for Linea Roma with single vision distance lenses in Paraguay about 15 years ago. I also purchased a pair of Wrangler reading glasses from the same shop but can't remember the cost of those.