Addiction

Badrabbit

I've got my self into a big big mess, been using Tramadol since my pains started approx 4 yrs ago(I think) taking 1 50mg tablet every six hours even though I didn't have any pain (taking them to stop pain returning) people warned me as did the Hospital but I was so scared of the pain returning that I foolishly kept taking the tablets, I've not taken the tablets for 1 day now, im in terrible pain, my body feels like it's electrified, I don't know how to make myself better, I'm at my wits end.

I know I've been stupid, the tramadol made me pain free.

I'm not looking for a telling off just helpful advice as to how I can make myself better.

Am I experiencing withdrawal, it's awful.

My gf is with me so I am not on my own, this is not nice for her.

Never thought this would happen to me,  I'm 68.

In my desperation I've taken 2 50 mg tablets to try and stop the pain, it's worked, not better just more bearable, how do I go on from now, I never want to take Tramadol again.

Edited by Badrabbit

4 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

I think it's unlikey you'll manage just to stop. You are facing an opioid addiction. You might need methadone, therapy and considerable support. And this is putting aside the physical danger from suddenly stopping.

This link gives the info you need.

Good luck King. You've got this.

Tried to stop it's been awful, after taking 2 tablets I'm feeling better,.

Thanks for the advice.

10 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Where was the pain originally?

Pain was in my Abdomin left side, I've had many CT scans in the last 4 years, all have been clear, Doctor said "you have nerve pains"