Hua Hin Hotel Manager Fired After Dispute Over Customer Review

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

It's got nothing to do with the price ....  it's the principle of the matter if you understand ..

there's plenty more other thai people of authority who should be fired for similar, so many stupid rules and illogical laws. 

Hey Steven. Yeah I'm still out here.

My Thai "People of Authority" is my wife.

Not gunna fire her soon..🙃🙃

• Haha 1

They definitely have an attitude. On a review complaining about being aggressively dealt with on check out for using a tiny bottle of mosquito repellant their reply was:

Unfortunately, some guests don't always follow hotel policy, despite being brief upon check in and also during your room orientation, and this is the reason why we have management team to make the guests abide by the rules. It's a shame that you found the policy and procedure not to your liking. We respect your opinion, and we wish you luck travelling around with the same mindset.

Not a good attitude. Even if the guest was in the wrong why post such an arrogant reply?

17 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Hey Steven. Yeah I'm still out here.

My Thai "People of Authority" is my wife.

Not gunna fire her soon..🙃🙃

no .......   she's ok ..     haha  ...   good to hear from ya again .. :smile:

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Alternatively a 5 star hotel should offer free what is often provided in 3 star hotels. It's not much to ask and at 20 baht the toothbrush would not have been an Oral B with soft bristles brush. The hotel seems stingy. Though I would never leave my teeth to the mercy of a cheap hotel brush.

Nothing to do with cost, it's about the damage to the environment 

25 minutes ago, mikebell said:

They also do a Body Scrub/Massage for 4000 per couple!  I won't be visiting any time soon.

Depends on the 'couple', now a couple of pretty young things I would not complain

The manager should not have been dismissed for his reply.

many guests stay at five star hotels on business trips and expect  'freebies'

The guest's complaint was ungeasonable even 'Backpackers ' pack a toothbrush. 

3 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

That’s ridiculous! First of all, 20 Baht is nothing. If you can afford to stay at a 5 star hotel then you can afford 20 Baht for a toothbrush. Secondly, getting fired over this seems definitely excessive!

Five star hotels always provide toothbrushes for free In the bathroom. How do I know? I worked in such hotels from 1988 until the China virus arrived.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

There's a manager position available at Putahracsa Resort. You should apply!

Iam not a people person.... would be fired quicker than the outgoing manager.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Spock said:

Alternatively a 5 star hotel should offer free what is often provided in 3 star hotels. It's not much to ask and at 20 baht the toothbrush would not have been an Oral B with soft bristles brush. The hotel seems stingy. Though I would never leave my teeth to the mercy of a cheap hotel brush.

My regular 3 star in Pattaya provides complementary bathroom accessories including a toothbrush, I fail to see why a so called 5 star needs to charge anything for such items.

• Like 1

You can steal the toothbrush, soap, shampoo, ear buds and plastic comb and slippers .....  but you can't steal the bath robe or towels.    

Edited by steven100

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

So, we all know this hotel does not value their staff at all, I wonder which 'manager' it was who wrote this review - the 'general manager' or the social media manager.....

Now - which hotel was it?

Normally the hotel would have sued the guest for their 'comments' like the <removed> sued by the Koh Chang hotel over alcohol charges.😏😏😏😏

In all my years and the hundreds of hotels where I stayed while in Thailand. If there is a toothbrush and toothpaste and soap and hair bag in the bathroom. They are free of charge. This hotel was supposed to be a high-end green hotel. Why make the guests pay for it? Am most certain the cost for the room exceeded the normal cost for a hotel. 

if the hotel does not offer those free then they should not put them in the room for guest to use or take home with them. 

I have never had to pay for toothbrushes that were in the hotel rooms bathroom. 

Recently stayed in a hotel that asked for 500 baht for 1 extra pillow. Instead, I went to Lotus and bought one for 350, and then left the hotel a scathing review.

Nobody from the hotel replied to my review. Figures.

Apparently, the Hotel Manager used ChatGPT to reply to reviews and he forgot to double check before posting it. That was his mistake and he has apologized for it. The consequences are however harsh due to the social media backlash.

By reading past responses, you can see ChatGPT is used in all replies. This is very common practice now in the service industry, but users need to be careful and have to double check before posting the replies online.

The manager should have been more diplomatic. His reply was not considerate. Yet, he should not have been fired over this. Shows no sense of loyalty on the part of the hotel. 

And if something like this gets reported, the hotel should be called out by name. 

Sacking the manager is somewhat harsh over his comment as for the guest if you can afford to stay in a top class hotel then you can afford 20 baht for a tooth brush . I hope your satisfied that your comment cost an individual their job !