The wife wants another baby. I don't think its a good idea.

ubonr1971

I've been married nearly 11 years and we have a child 10 yrs old. Shes aged 38. Im mid 50. 

Both her and khun Yai have been talking about another baby for a few years but I have been ambivalent about it. Dont know why but recently the pressure is on big time. She keeps talking about it. 

I feel old and cant be bothered with the work and hassle of another one. I prefer to be working on our land with my 3 dogs. I feel dogs are better than most human beings. We have a very successful business and she is the main breadwinner and there working so hard. I do school pickups and cook 3 to 4 times a week. I only have small involvement now with our business.  I suspect she feels I owe her this but she forgets I put up 80% of the money to start the business. 

I'm close to getting Citizenship and I suppose she thinks its bc of her. 

She is in good health but I have heart disease and cant handle any stress. I think she doesnt consider or care about this. 

She is way too serious about our childs studying and tutoring. I have no control over this and might find this tedious, annoying and costly to do it all again with a new child. 

We have accumulated wealth during the marriage (land and building) all in her name except recently she agreed to transfer one plot of land into our kids name which I was extremely happy about. I recently said to her what about a Will. She said she wants to leave the big land to her parents. So by default when they die her brothers will get it and not our kids... I couldn't believe this. 

If I 100% deny her she will be very sad and resentful. Im wondering if I should be offering divorce so that she still has a chance to achieve her life dreams. Back home if I were to be married to one of my own countrywoman, she would divorce me for sure. 

I feel guilty to be honest and wondering if I should be going to therapy or something.  If you are married or have been married in the past please leave a comment. Im not interested in comments from single guys with no experience of marriage. If you are female please disclose this in your comment. 

thanks

Edited by ubonr1971
  • Sad 1

Single, male, no kids. But I still know that babies appear when people have sex. And they normally don't appear when contraceptives are used, i.e. the pill.

What will you do if she doesn't take the pill anymore and does not tell you? Honey, it was an accident.

The only way you can prevent having a kid is by not having sex with her. Are you ready for that?

It doesn't really matter if you want a kid or not, it's mostly up to her. 

1 hour ago, ubonr1971 said:

She is in good health but I have heart disease and cant handle any stress. I

yeah, bad health is a valid reason not to have a child.

mid 50s isn't that old and heart issues can be reversed, but i'm not going to turn this into a health thread. 

10 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

yeah, bad health is a valid reason not to have a child.

mid 50s isn't that old and heart issues can be reversed, but i'm not going to turn this into a health thread. 

Although he will be 74 years old when the child becomes an adult and he would need to be responsible for the child

most of my life I heard "not ready", "don't want to breed poor people", "you can't provide enough", "I need money for abortion" etc. 

Most religions claims "each new baby is the blessing". I haven't seen many blessings though.

It is great joy to see your kid grow, love and admiration to dad.

But weak heart puts everything into another perspective: Will you be there at college graduation 21 years from now?

Would you be able to have long walks talking about constellations, Earth plates, biology <<<< to widen his/her horizons?

Would you make him/her immune to K-Pop and other rotten pop-culture trash to come?

Will you have enough time to read Dylan Thomas and introduce to amazing poetry?

It doesn't take a village to raise a child. No. It is our hard, yet pleasant, very hard work.

So, if you're unable to fix that heart issue (I hope and wish you will), than say "yes" and take those pills they use for (I can't even say it) for chemical castration. The positive side effect is will never have prostate issues. The gland will shrink.

Edited by NativeBob