Mobile Phone Help Needed

bartender100

paulfr

Thanks I have PMed you.

Chimera

Yes I have tried that one already twice,but never received the text,so I had to call the support center.That when I started to get in a mess.

I am going to Si Racha today,the orange shop there is supposed to be very good.

Go to any of the millions of mobile phone shops in Thailand and ask them to call the operator helpdesk (AIS, DTAC or whatever you use) to get the settings updated. If the first shop doesn't know, try another, God knows there are enough of them around...

k700i

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=glo...m=pp1&pid=10139

looks cool mate.

if it is symbian OS you can do heaps.(doesn t say on the spec sheet, though all the new sonyericssons seem to be symbian OS 7 )

there are several different internet browsers out there (opera and netfront)

a few good movie players ( smartmovie especially)

games galore both symbian and java

:o

just realised your phone does not take a memory card....limits your fun

Edited by stumonster

K700 uses the same configuration settings for GPRS and MMS as SE T610.Just call the orange customer service and ask them to send u the GPRS and MMS automatic configuration settings of T610.They will send u the settings,just save them on your K700.

Regarding using K700 as Bluetooth GPRS modem,you just search google for Keywords such as K700 modem,K700 connecting blue tooth modem,Just use your common sense and you will able to find my website explaining the ways K700 can be used as a wirless modem for connecting any external device such as your PDA,notebook or even desktop computer.

Sorry,not mine website,I meant many websites explaining the K700 modem settings.Just to add,K700 is not a symbian phone,it just supports Java applications.So you can't use opera on it,Opera just can be used on Symbian Phones such as SE P800,P900 or Nokia 7610 6600 3650 7650.

sas_cars

Thanks,I am now connected with orange,but it seems a very basic browser in the phone,text only.

I just tried to change to AIS,but after putting in the new sim card the phone started crashing after about 2/3 minutes,it was ok again when I put the orange sim back in,I really wished a had brought the Nokia 6600,as a friend has that,and it seems a lot better.

Thanks for the advice on using it as a modum,I have all the software,but can't get it to work.

Yes,Nokia 6600 is a lot better,if you wanna browse the real web just as your desktop computer.On K700,u can just use wap,very simple text sites.In order to use your K700 as a modem helping you to connect internet in your notebook or desktop pc,you have to buy a bluetooth USB dongle.Normally costing 1000-1100 Baht.After that you can use your K700 at your wireless bluetooth GPRS modem.and You can connect net in your notebook virtually anywhere in thailand.

regarding you changing SIMS from orange to AIS.Orange and AIS are 2 different operators,so different settings of GPRS and MMS.If you changed SIM from orange to ais,and still wanting to browse WAP pages,you need to call AIS and ask them to send you their automatic configurator settings for SET610.Just follow the same procedure like u did with orange.Your phone crashes coz it's got GPRS MMS settings of orange and u tryin' to access them from a different operator's SIM.YOU NEED SEPARATE GPRS MMS SETTINGS FOR AIS.Once u got the settings,your phone won't crash.

Although the phone has many gadgets,I'm really disappointed in the browser,Its much the same as my 5 year old phone i would have thought a new model would be the same as Nokias 6600.It was really the browser that i wanted to free me up from the PC,I should have done more research.