Sneezing Fits

Maejo Man

I've never had hayfever or suffered from any allergies, but in the last week I have sneezed dozens of times a day. At first I put it down to Austired's socks till I realised he wasn't wearing any :o Has anybody else been getting the unseasonal sneezes?....

Yes, many for the past month. I attribute it to a dusty house or dust mites. I do have fans and air con going all the time and it may be that I am driving dust into my nostrils as opposed to no fans and no driven dust. Never sneezed so much in five years here. And they are quite violent sneezes to boot!!!

Whenever I sneeze my little one says it because someone misses me or is thinking about me.

CB

My Missus says the same thing. I try not to sneeze around her because the conversation can take a nasty turn regarding exactly WHO is thinking about me. :o

Whenever I sneeze my little one says it because someone misses me or is thinking about me. That means either 1) someone is missing you a lot and often or 2) a lot of people are missing you. :D

CB

That's rather a nice saying, but I don't think hundreds of people are missing me :D Maybe just the one, and all I have to do now is find out which one she is :o

I've never had hayfever or suffered from any allergies, but in the last week I have sneezed dozens of times a day. At first I put it down to Austired's socks till I realised he wasn't wearing any :o Has anybody else been getting the unseasonal sneezes?....

I hope you never had the sneezes during the vanilla slice bake-a-thon.. Gives true meaning to "snot blocks"..Oh my.. :D :D

I hope you never had the sneezes during the vanilla slice bake-a-thon.. Gives true meaning to "snot blocks"..Oh my.. :bah::D

:D:D:D Nah. It's normally when I'm at my desk. Maybe has something to do with electronic wooglies being emitted from my aging monitor :o

Edited by Maejo Man

I actually suffer quite badly from hay fever, well did before coming to TL. Every spring when the flowers bloom in NZ, I used to get it quite bad.

But here in CM it settled down, in my first year here it was for a couple of days and now none :D

but now i suffer from the annual dry black smoke pollutant, weed n grass burn off,red eye, tear inducing, cough :D......that seems slightly better but its nothing to be sneezed at :D:D

Sounds like you could do with a bit more piss in ya, MjM :D

AC filters and fans clean? Dirty ones often give me the sneezes.

Strange you should mention that. I pulled the filters in the bedroom aircon, which is the only one I use, and cleaned them not two weeks ago. My maid also strips down the room fans and cleans them every few weeks. It's got me stumped, as I only used to sneeze on the very odd accasion. Maybe the rains are bringing something down with them that's causing it, but at the moment it's a mystery.

Direct sun is supposed to kill dustmites and high humidity is supposed to bring them out of hiding. So with a combination of little sun and high humidity I guess its party time. Otherwise look for something in the garden that is flowering, maybe you are allergic. In some strong sunlight air your mattresses, pillows, rugs etc

I hope you never had the sneezes during the vanilla slice bake-a-thon.. Gives true meaning to "snot blocks"..Oh my.. :bah::D

:D:D:D Nah. It's normally when I'm at my desk. Maybe has something to do with electronic wooglies being emitted from my aging monitor :o

I had a cold a few months ago, my thai wife was adamant as im on the pc too much id caught a virus off it ! :bah:

Direct sun is supposed to kill dustmites and high humidity is supposed to bring them out of hiding. So with a combination of little sun and high humidity I guess its party time. Otherwise look for something in the garden that is flowering, maybe you are allergic. In some strong sunlight air your mattresses, pillows, rugs etc

Been down that road Sally, but a good thought. Mattress is aired frequently, as are the pillows, and pillow slips and sheets are changed twice a week. That doesn't seem to be the problem as I only sneeze downstairs. The garden has been well established over the last fifteen years, and I have not added any new plants or trees to it. Next..... :o

Been down that road Sally, but a good thought. Mattress is aired frequently, as are the pillows, and pillow slips and sheets are changed twice a week. That doesn't seem to be the problem as I only sneeze downstairs. The garden has been well established over the last fifteen years, and I have not added any new plants or trees to it. Next..... :o

Could wind be blowing in something new from a neighbor's garden, something low that might not get upstairs? Any new chemicals to clean CDs or optical gear being repaired/restored?

Sometimes it is difficult to isolate the source. My cousin tried once and had a bunch of tests which showed that he was allergic to a dozen different foods which he had been eating for 40 years with only occasional reactions. He had a hel_l of a time trying to order anything in a restaurant after that.

Good luck.

Thais also think that sneezing occurs when one is in close proximity to somebody whose personal hygiene is not up to snuff. Might want to run the maid through the dip.

:D:D Bokkie you might have something there, as my heaviest sneezing occurs in the mornings after the maid has arrived. On the other hand, I have had the same maid for the last eight or nine years, and these sneezes only started a few weeks ago, so still a mystery :o

Thais also think that sneezing occurs when one is in close proximity to somebody whose personal hygiene is not up to snuff. Might want to run the maid through the dip.

:D:D Bokkie you might have something there, as my heaviest sneezing occurs in the mornings after the maid has arrived. On the other hand, I have had the same maid for the last eight or nine years, and these sneezes only started a few weeks ago, so still a mystery :o

Acquired Allergy Dusting Syndrome ? :D

I hope you never had the sneezes during the vanilla slice bake-a-thon.. Gives true meaning to "snot blocks"..Oh my.. :D:D

Yeah, Maejo Man, it's probably dust mites.

And COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC, sampled a bit of your vanilla slice/snot block the other day.

Masterful. Delicious. Top Job! :D

McG

I hope you never had the sneezes during the vanilla slice bake-a-thon.. Gives true meaning to "snot blocks"..Oh my.. :D:D

Yeah, Maejo Man, it's probably dust mites.

And COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC, sampled a bit of your vanilla slice/snot block the other day.

Masterful. Delicious. Top Job! :D

McG

MM, you dont want to tango with those dustmites McG is talking about, you might not be able to walk the next day :D:bah:

McG's Dustmites

Nose hairs too long? Maybe getting sucked into the nasal cavities when you inhale?

A good try, but no. My barber trims those with every haicut :o

No reference to your own nose hairs there MM........................sFun_IthinkImgoing.gif

And I miss you everyday so there's one sneeze. sLo_BigBearHug.gif

I have also recently been having an attack of the sneezes. It seems to happen most years and, I am told, is due to a certain type of fungus sporing at this time of the rainy season. Doesn't last long but an attack of six or more in quick succession can be unsettling if you are driving.....

I have also recently been having an attack of the sneezes. It seems to happen most years and, I am told, is due to a certain type of fungus sporing at this time of the rainy season. Doesn't last long but an attack of six or more in quick succession can be unsettling if you are driving.....

funnily enough, I had a bout of mild hayfever late yesterday, but one tablet and a day later, its cleared

sneeze.gif