Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Americans: Why are Americans becoming crazier, by the year?

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Same applies to the UK, and several other countries in Europe.

Exactly, and the longer you stay away from your home country, the less you know how it is now. Being a "tourist" only has you see things from that perspective. Visiting, eating, being around but a few people, and not seeing the other 99.9% of daily life there. All countries have their share of problems, and only those who are living there feel them firsthand.

  • Replies 364
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PhilipHabib
    PhilipHabib

    Well if you're American then you know it's actually very few states you can open carry like in that photo, particularly the blob in the yellow shirt with what looks like a Bullpup rifle. Concealed ca

  • fredwiggy
    fredwiggy

    You haven't been there for decades so know almost nothing about Americans living there besides a few videos. The only way you can judge a population is by living amongst them for years, and actually i

  • GammaGlobulin
    GammaGlobulin

    Naturally, Folks, absolute and increasing CRAZINESS is just what we would expect to see from.... A people led by a CABAL of Law-School-trained nitwits. You see, Folks, in America.... The American P

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I wake up. If my computer's turned off, which it usually isn't, I'll go and start breakfast, come back to the computer when it's done, and eat while browsing. That speed isn't a problem at all.

If your computer stays on overnight, it is using electricity.

9 minutes ago, Brettoj said:

Your freedom includes numerous school shootings every year by nutters. Our gun laws might not stop the bad but it stops the mad. Dream on if you think anyone outside America wants to live in a country where you need a gun because you fear your neighbor!

We don't fear our neighbors but are the same as anyone in any country, and want protection for us and ours. Obviously many are okay with living in America, as it's population increases each year with those moving there. Crime is everywhere, and your neighbor just might be a nutter no matter where you live. They don't need guns to hurt others and use knives, hammers, machetes, sticks and their bodies.

31 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Tech can not advance if no one wants to pay for anything.

Go ahead and be frugal if Linux does everything you need.

But attacking someone for paying for tech is silly.

I had to get a new laptop. They install Windows by default, not Linux. I supported a local tech shop here.

Why pay for something you don't need? Now that IS silly.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If your computer stays on overnight, it is using electricity.

A little, but my electric bill is mostly from my AC, fan and water pump. Overnight that might be 3 baht

Edited by fredwiggy

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

We don't fear our neighbors but are the same as anyone in any country, and want protection for us and ours. Obviously many are okay with living in America, as it's population increases each year with those moving there. Crime is everywhere, and your neighbor just might be a nutter no matter where you live. They don't need guns to hurt others and use knives, hammers, machetes, sticks and their bodies.

True , they use other weapons. However, the damage a semi-automatic weapon can inflict on multiple bystanders is at a different level to a hammer or knife.

Since semi-automatic weapons were banned in Australia, multiple homicides with guns have become extremely rare. America still has them on a weekly basis.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

True , they use other weapons. However, the damage a semi-automatic weapon can inflict on multiple bystanders is at a different level to a hammer or knife.

Since semi-automatic weapons were banned in Australia, multiple homicides with guns have become extremely rare. America still has them on a weekly basis.

Which is why the things I've listed numerous times on this forum need to be implemented immediately. It's not just semi autos but magazine quantity, locking away all weapons, mandatory 21 age restrictions on purchases, mandatory psychologicals when going for a purchase, paid for by those profiting from gun sales, and no gun sales without an FFL license and background check.

25 minutes ago, Brettoj said:

Your freedom includes numerous school shootings every year by nutters. Our gun laws might not stop the bad but it stops the mad. Dream on if you think anyone outside America wants to live in a country where you need a gun because you fear your neighbor!

>99.9999999% of Yanks don't need a gun. I've had too many, finally whittled it down to 16 firearms, 8 rifles / 8 handguns, and never needed any.

Your gun laws or any gun laws, don't stop the bad or the mad. Dream on. And yet, millions arrive in the USA, legally & illegally every year to live. USA also has the largest immigrant population (~50M) than any other country on the planet. Go figure.

A country so GREAT, even those that HATE it, won't leave 🤣

Edited by KhunLA

21 hours ago, HolmesEquivelant said:
  1. We are exceptional. You’re just jealous.

  2. Hollywood is a joke.

  3. World news every day. We are the heroes. You’re just jealous.

  4. If you don’t protect what you believe in, what type of man are you. A liberal?

  5. Trump became eligible to become president under US guidelines. Other countries guidelines are/were irrelevant. Especially Australia.

  6. Trump was/is a highly successful businessman. Every successful businessman has had a few bad years. That goes with the territory. He lives in Trump Towers, MarA Lago and has billions. And was elected PRESIDENT! YOU HAVE/ARE NONE OF THE ABOVE. You’re just another jealous Australian.

  7. I’ve traveled extensively. Has the average bogan (yourself) Other than (yikes) Bali?

  8. I don’t do instagram.

  9. My eyes are wide open. The reason why I loathe leftist with a passion. MY prerogative. My Choice.

  1. That what I mean by bubble, fools like you believe that for no reason.

  2. Agree

  3. Hero’s? You lost Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and now Iran. Hero’s only in America and Hollywood!

  4. No I actually right leaning but moronic enough to think they do good and the left always bad. That’s the American mindset.

  5. Exactly, a sex predator, a multiple bankruptee, an obvious nut job would not be acceptable anywhere other than America!

  6. Boo hoo, yet he judges everybody himself. He was gifted money by his father, that’s the leg up he got. Next thing you’ll be telling me Kai is a business genius because she will be a successful business person.

  7. Yes travelled the world. By comparison many more Australians travel internationally than Americans. You might have the uber rich and a lot of people well off but we have a fairer share of wealth distribution from superior education and opportunity.

  8. Me either.

  9. Well I’ve voted left once since the eighties. I vote on the issues and what’s good for me and country. Our last Prime Minister was from the right who I voted for but his performance was woeful and his replacement unelectable so I happily voted left. It’s refreshing to feel like I have a choice!

36 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Why pay for something you don't need? Now that IS silly.

You're not really paying for it. The price is included with the laptop. All the stores install Windows by default.

Also because it's convenient. I have to install Linux myself.

If you install pirated software or sth like that, Windows might flag you down. But there are some free good softwares out there.

And Bill Gates is trying to find a cure for malaria.

Edited by save the frogs

22 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

>99.9999999% of Yanks don't need a gun. I've had too many, finally whittled it down to 16 firearms, 8 rifles / 8 handguns, and never needed any.

22 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Humans were given two hands to use. It makes sense you would only need one handgun and one rifle.

You are an octopus?

23 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

>99.9999999% of Yanks don't need a gun. I've had too many, finally whittled it down to 16 firearms, 8 rifles / 8 handguns, and never needed any.

Your gun laws or any gun laws, don't stop the bad or the mad. Dream on. And yet, millions arrive in the USA, legally & illegally every year to live. USA also has the largest immigrant population (~50M) than any other country on the planet. Go figure.

A country so GREAT, even those that HATE it, won't leave 🤣

Your dreaming. You think everyone desire guns? We want peace and safety, something you’ve never experienced. Where are all your immigrants coming from? South America the majority because it’s a straight forward trip. Australians or any other first world countries arn’t illegally immigrating to America. Have a look at Europe, look at all the illegals there, same as your country it’s the easiest for them to get to. Australia had a problem with illegal immigrants too but we stopped it, now it’s not worth it so they can try other less protected countries. Every body bar the American Indians are immigrants that you’re counting, of course theirs more. Everyone other than First Nation here are immigrants by your test too!

33 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Which is why the things I've listed numerous times on this forum need to be implemented immediately. It's not just semi autos but magazine quantity, locking away all weapons, mandatory 21 age restrictions on purchases, mandatory psychologicals when going for a purchase, paid for by those profiting from gun sales, and no gun sales without an FFL license and background check.

It would seem the NRA disagrees with you.

Every time there is a mass shooting in America, gun sales go up. That's like trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

Just now, Lacessit said:

It would seem the NRA disagrees with you.

Every time there is a mass shooting in America, gun sales go up. That's like trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

The NRA isn't all gun owners thinking, and what needs to be done isn't in their hands but the governments. Gun sales do spike when there's a high profile mass shooting for a month or two afterwards. I noticed this working there too.

4 minutes ago, Brettoj said:

Your dreaming. You think everyone desire guns? We want peace and safety, something you’ve never experienced. Where are all your immigrants coming from? South America the majority because it’s a straight forward trip. Australians or any other first world countries arn’t illegally immigrating to America. Have a look at Europe, look at all the illegals there, same as your country it’s the easiest for them to get to. Australia had a problem with illegal immigrants too but we stopped it, now it’s not worth it so they can try other less protected countries. Every body bar the American Indians are immigrants that you’re counting, of course theirs more. Everyone other than First Nation here are immigrants by your test too!

Living in America I've always felt safe, as has everyone else I knew. Most US immigrants are coming from Mexico, along with Asia. Latin America is a large percentage also. Illegal immigration to the US is easier because of the border south. There is still a big reason they are trying to come to America. Illegal immigrants find work much easier to obtain in America than Australia. This is largely because of the work in agriculture, which is easier.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

The NRA isn't all gun owners thinking, and what needs to be done isn't in their hands but the governments. Gun sales do spike when there's a high profile mass shooting for a month or two afterwards. I noticed this working there too.

Unfortunately, the NRA and NSSF still have considerable influence in Washington, particularly with Republicans. Both still oppose universal background checks.

IIRC my background checks to own a gun in Australia ran to 38 pages.

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Living in America I've always felt safe, as has everyone else I knew. Most US immigrants are coming from Mexico, along with Asia. Latin America is a large percentage also. Illegal immigration to the US is easier because of the border south. There is still a big reason they are trying to come to America. Illegal immigrants find work much easier to obtain in America than Australia. This is largely because of the work in agriculture, which is easier.

I think you mean less qualifications needed to pick crops. It is definitely not easy physically, it's hard yakka.

We are producing food for 27 million people. The US is producing it for 330 million. There is a bit of a difference in the labor force needed.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Unfortunately, the NRA and NSSF still have considerable influence in Washington, particularly with Republicans. Both still oppose universal background checks.

IIRC my background checks to own a gun in Australia ran to 38 pages.

True that the NRA does that as they feel extensive background checks won't stop illegal gun obtaining. They also object to guns as gifts or transfers to family or friends. The question is if it would stop criminals obtaining guns and that family members or friends aren't the ones committing crimes with guns, which would have to be researched to prove true. Most gun crimes aren't law abiding citizens or gun owners besides suicides and those that are stolen from them, which needs to be curtailed.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I think you mean less qualifications needed to pick crops. It is definitely not easy physically, it's hard yakka.

We are producing food for 27 million people. The US is producing it for 330 million. There is a bit of a difference in the labor force needed.

Easier to get a job, although the jobs aren't easy. I've done farm work and can attest to that fact.

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Living in America I've always felt safe, as has everyone else I knew. Most US immigrants are coming from Mexico, along with Asia. Latin America is a large percentage also. Illegal immigration to the US is easier because of the border south. There is still a big reason they are trying to come to America. Illegal immigrants find work much easier to obtain in America than Australia. This is largely because of the work in agriculture, which is easier.j

That’s what I was saying about immigrants from South America. We use backpackers and Pacific Islanders for our agriculture, people with Visas. I agree it’s easier for illegals to get work in the US, you’re still very much a manual labourer workforce. I remember in 2015 when I was there, I was shocked you still had humans collecting tolls and also a street sweeper using a broom something I hadn’t seen in Australia for a decade or two.

21 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Humans were given two hands to use. It makes sense you would only need one handgun and one rifle.

You are an octopus?

Different one for different task, along with simply being a collector. People enjoy collecting things, and no reason why not to have multiples of different types.

You don't have multipe types of the same thing.

We have an immersion hand blender, a hand blend, a blender, a food processor and a stand mixer. Only one that is truly needed, would be a blender. How many cast iron and stainless steel skillets & pans, when you trully only need 1 or 2 🙄

How many different sharp knives do we have, when 1 or 2 is more than enough.

Same with our air fryers, and convection oven, one is enough. But ...

You mean I shouldn't have built or bought 30 drones, cars, boats, or had three camera bodies, 8 different lenses, along with 5 different action cameras.

At one time, I had four 4 wheeled vehicles & 2 MC. Why, because I wanted them. I won't mention the 50+ hats I got, in a container here, of which I only use 2 if the sun is out. Only actually souveneirs of cities I collected.

Why do I keep 10s of thousands of photos, mostly wildlife in my multiple HDDs ???

Along with too many drone vids, most of which have never been shared.

I was even collecting wives (4) and live in GF (2), though not at the same time 🙄

Edited by KhunLA

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Different one for different task, along with simply being a collector. People enjoy collecting things, and no reason why not to have multiples of different types.

You don't have multipe types of the same thing.

We have an immersion hand blender, a hand blend, a blender, a food processor and a stand mixer. Only one that is truly needed, would be a blender. How many cast iron and stainless steel skillets & pans, when you trully only need 1 or 2 🙄

How many different sharp knives do we have, when 1 or 2 is more than enough.

Same with our air fryers, and convection oven, one is enough. But ...

You mean I shouldn't have built or bought 30 drones, cars, boats, or had three camera bodies, 8 different lenses, along with 5 different action cameras.

At one time, I had four 4 wheeled vehicles & 2 MC. Why, because I wanted them. I won't mention the 50+ hats I got, in a container here, of which I only use 2 if the sun is out. Only actually souveneirs of cities I collected.

Why do I keep 10s of thousands of photos, mostly wildlife in my multiple HDDs ???

Along with too many drone vids, most of which have never been shared.

I was even collecting wives (4) and live in GF (2), though not at the same time 🙄

I am a minimalist, I don't buy any stuff unless it has a function.

The amount of clutter you have would drive me nuts.

Your sharp knife collection is incomplete without an Opinel. Holds an edge better than any other knife.

26 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Easier to get a job, although the jobs aren't easy. I've done farm work and can attest to that fact.

So have I. Marking 400 lambs in 42 C heat.

43 minutes ago, Brettoj said:

Your dreaming. You think everyone desire guns? We want peace and safety, something you’ve never experienced. Where are all your immigrants coming from? South America the majority because it’s a straight forward trip. Australians or any other first world countries arn’t illegally immigrating to America. Have a look at Europe, look at all the illegals there, same as your country it’s the easiest for them to get to. Australia had a problem with illegal immigrants too but we stopped it, now it’s not worth it so they can try other less protected countries. Every body bar the American Indians are immigrants that you’re counting, of course theirs more. Everyone other than First Nation here are immigrants by your test too!

No, they want opportunities, and USA provides.

Most use to come via southern border ... but ... they also had to travel 1800-2000 kms through MX to get there ... nuff said

UK gets how many, after the are already in the EU ... nuff said

The hate & envy is BLINDING with you lot.

Oh yea, Peace & Safety, comes with owning firearms, especially when the crimials have top end toys themselves. Also why nobody is crazy enough to invade the USA, 100M+ crazies with firearms.

AU being an island, and not the easiest to get to, keeps your illegal mmigration (cartel) and firearms problem at bay.

Edited by KhunLA

25 minutes ago, Brettoj said:
  1. That what I mean by bubble, fools like you believe that for no reason.

  2. Agree

  3. Hero’s? You lost Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and now Iran. Hero’s only in America and Hollywood!

  4. No I actually right leaning but moronic enough to think they do good and the left always bad. That’s the American mindset.

  5. Exactly, a sex predator, a multiple bankruptee, an obvious nut job would not be acceptable anywhere other than America!

  6. Boo hoo, yet he judges everybody himself. He was gifted money by his father, that’s the leg up he got. Next thing you’ll be telling me Kai is a business genius because she will be a successful business person.

  7. Yes travelled the world. By comparison many more Australians travel internationally than Americans. You might have the uber rich and a lot of people well off but we have a fairer share of wealth distribution from superior education and opportunity.

  8. Me either.

  9. Well I’ve voted left once since the eighties. I vote on the issues and what’s good for me and country. Our last Prime Minister was from the right who I voted for but his performance was woeful and his replacement unelectable so I happily voted left. It’s refreshing to feel like I have a choice!

  1. Another jealous Australian. You just proved it. America is the greatest nation on earth. Too bad you were born in the third world.

  2. Agree

  3. No losses. Korea, armistice. North K still hasn’t invaded. Nam, Afgan stalemate. Iran , lol libtards love getting ahead of themselves. We’re winning ! Equally as important. No other country on earth can match the U.S. military. By all means, compare your country’s military to ours. Your chance to shine! Tell us how many aircraft carriers Australia has. How many submarines have been built in your shipyards.

  4. Leftists often claim they’re moderate, independent. All BS.

  5. Post his criminal sex convictions. He’s a billionaire, owns Trump Tower, Mar a Lago and best of all elected PRESIDENT by the American people. Meanwhile, you’re in a Issan Village walking to the well for a bucket of water. Pure jealousy. Common amongst have nots. A few bankruptcies? Big deal. Old news. He ain’t bankrupt now. Are you?

  6. Many people inherited money from their fathers. Nothing new. He took that and transformed it into billions. Not a bad Rate of Return. All while employing thousands who spent their paychecks on the U.S. economy.. I never received inheritance and I don’t cry about it. How much did you receive? Did you blow it on failed investments? Read “Art of the Deal”

  7. Was unaware Bali was a world class destination coveted by international travelers from Australia. Wealth distribution? You’re fortunate you don’t have millions of illegals flooding your border courtesy of Joe Biden, add welfare recipients. A few abos here and there on the dole doesn’t bankrupt your economy. Being isolated down under has its advantages.

  8. Ditto

  9. That’s nice.

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am a minimalist, I don't buy any stuff unless it has a function.

The amount of clutter you have would drive me nuts.

Your sharp knife collection is incomplete without an Opinel. Holds an edge better than any other knife.

The clutter is in the storage room, ~45m², larger than most people's condo, box apartment. Why the eat in kitchen is also 45m², and somehow, still need more cabinet space 🙄

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

The clutter is in the storage room, ~45m², larger than most people's condo, box apartment. Why the eat in kitchen is also 45m², and somehow, still need more cabinet space 🙄

My kitchen is 0.4 sqm. I can toast, boil, steam, fry and microwave in it.

Just now, Lacessit said:

My kitchen is 0.4 sqm. I can toast, boil, steam, fry and microwave in it.

We got a seperate microwave in the trunk of car, and it stays there for when O&A 🙄

Along with 'go bag' that has it's own water kettle, toastie maker, and of course, dishes, plates, cultery.

Yea, we're F'd up cheesy Comes in damn handy at time though.

Edited by KhunLA

23 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

No, they want opportunities, and USA provides.

Most use to come via southern border ... but ... they also had to travel 1800-2000 kms through MX to get there ... nuff said

UK gets how many, after the are already in the EU ... nuff said

The hate & envy is BLINDING with you lot.

Oh yea, Peace & Safety, comes with owning firearms, especially when the crimials have top end toys themselves. Also why nobody is crazy enough to invade the USA, 100M+ crazies with firearms.

AU being an island, and not the easiest to get to, keeps your illegal mmigration (cartel) and firearms problem at bay.

I could see a war starting in the US like the movie Red Dawn, and ending with every enemy soldier dead within a few days at most.

Edited by fredwiggy

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

I could see a war staring in the US like the movie Red Dawn, and ending with every enemy soldier dead within a few days at most.

That comes to mind every time I post that, 100M gun toting crazies coffee1

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.