Out, Out - D@mned Roach

p1p

Okay. I have had it with a chemical free property. I am now totally sucked off with roaches, rats and ants that seem to believe they have more right to my home than I do. Ten years of natural remedies have worked, but we are now overrun.....

Does anybody have the contact details for a good man who knows what he is doing and will come in and leave me with a pest free abode. Not one of these companies who charge a fortune for an unbreakable contract that obliges them to come monthly to collect their lucre for nothing more than a two-minute-spray job. Even worse would be something akin to the nightmare roach-man from MIB. Save me from them please......

I don't know who you gonna call, but if you want to try a less drastic approach, see if you can get some boric acid (crystalline powder, not the eyewash) from the chemist. Sprinkle a bit around the kitchen before lights out each night and the cockroaches will soon be history. The chalk and keeping things tidy seem to work OK with ants. Choke dee!

Sabu-Sabu has some stuff that you can use on your own. i use their Dustmite spray for the beds and sofas. Virginia is a wonderful person to talk to and she can give lots of ideas on how to tackle this. Naturally and in a safe way in case you have children in the house.

Ok I just checked. We just did the yearly thing, whereby they open up all the brass plugs in the floor and around the house and insert their chemicals. This costs 5000 baht/year, though we of course already have the insertion points. They also did some stuff under the roof against bats which cost 850 baht.

World Pest Service

k. Aroon

081 - 568 9314 / 053 128 284-6

Generally the guy seems to know what he's talking about.

Ok I just checked. We just did the yearly thing, whereby they open up all the brass plugs in the floor and around the house and insert their chemicals. This costs 5000 baht/year, though we of course already have the insertion points. They also did some stuff under the roof against bats which cost 850 baht.

World Pest Service

k. Aroon

Bats? living in the caves are ya? Guano problems too??? :o

World Pest Service

k. Aroon

Thanks for that. I'll call him in the morning. I won't let him touch our bats though. they help keep the mossies down.

Yeah, I don't think they actually kill bats but sort of coerce them to leave.

It's important because out bats can't fly straight if their life depended on it, so they hit wires and shit in the roof structure, making noise.

Then there's the bat droppings, which is not the loveliest substance on the planet.

I've used Chiang Mai Pest control many years and no problems. The guy comes every month and you can show him where to spray and where not to , where you get the most bugs. For me the bats are very welcome but I would like to get rid of the psycho squirrels ; I am not sure if these are native to Thailand or have escaped from a zoo or whatever. They are huge grey things with enormous light grey fluffy tails , are scared of nothing and eat their way through everything, including a lot of my trees and a plank of wood in the neighbour's house :o

Had four quotes today ranging from almost 20K Baht per year down to 5K from CM Pest Control. I think we will be going with the cheapest, especially after the good reviews here. Will post and let you know how it goes.

Cats, of our two, one just yawns when roaches run over him and get caught up in his hair, the other runs away. One of the parrots us a roach hunter though.

Our bats have been part of the house since we bought it. They seem to inhabit some kind of fifth dimension because we can see them coming and going in great numbers at dawn and dusk, but inspecting the roof space reveals no trace. (I suspect they are somewhere in a hollow wall.) Anyway, we support wildlife, but roaches don't count and are possibly my only genuine phobia.

One of the parrots is a roach hunter though.

Is this the same one who attempted to finish my can of Leo on my last visit? I knew he'd amount to something great one day.

No. This is "her"(!) smaller companion bird. A Dusky Lory called Squeak.

post-668-1192067267_thumb.jpg post-668-1192067020_thumb.jpg

I should point out that my birds are not allowed to touch any alcoholic beverages. It is very bad for them. The finishing of a can of Leo referred to th destruction of such can!

Past time you came to visit again.