Cbr150 Honda Fit For Tall Guy?

T_Dog

I test drove a very nice CBR150 today here in CM, but it felt a bit tight with that raised rear seat. (I kept nudging back to it.) I am 6'2'' tall with long legs and long arms, and I am wondering if the bike is better for shorter riders. Any comments out there from tall CBR150 owners? Other than the bike feeling too short, it sure handled nice! Are there aftermarket seats available? All help appreciatted.

I test drove a very nice CBR150 today here in CM, but it felt a bit tight with that raised rear seat. (I kept nudging back to it.) I am 6'2'' tall with long legs and long arms, and I am wondering if the bike is better for shorter riders. Any comments out there from tall CBR150 owners? Other than the bike feeling too short, it sure handled nice! Are there aftermarket seats available? All help appreciatted.

I would like to point out that at 5' 09" standing ramrod straight, it's a bit small for me too. However, if you get aftermarket pegs that take your feet backwards off of vertical, it may be a bit more comfortable for you.

I am about the same size as you and I drive my CBR150R for a couple of months now, only in the city.

Ok, it is not super comfortable, but not too bad at all. Most bikes here are built for the average asian, which is definitely smaller. But recently I was riding a Honda Phantom, and I felt it much more uncomfortable, a I did not manage to get my long legs into a relaxing position.

The CBR drives very nice, very easy to handle and most important light and fast enough to drive in the city.

Hope that helps! Buy one! :o

I'm 6'4" and drove a CBR150 now a few times, and it would never been my favorite bike, it is not that bad. Mostly it is a getting use too.

If you buy this bike new I can also advice you take a look at the Suzuki Raider 150...

The seat height for the CBR-150R is 776mm and for the Suzuki Raider 150R it is 841mm....

Edited by Richard-BKK

You could have some seat person add more than an inch of hard foam to the seat. My Thai partner had new rear tire installed this week and it's the IRC Eagle Grip from the Prida accessory shop here in Chiang Mai. That tire makes the Thai man get on his tiptoes for the first time! 1200 baht, tubeless, so it must be a higher profile even though it's nominally 100/80 tire. I'm 5 feet 9.5 and only feel cramped when I'm up on the pillion.

Would it help to raise the seat height if the rear shock is set at maximum?

You could have some seat person add more than an inch of hard foam to the seat. My Thai partner had new rear tire installed this week and it's the IRC Eagle Grip from the Prida accessory shop here in Chiang Mai. That tire makes the Thai man get on his tiptoes for the first time! 1200 baht, tubeless, so it must be a higher profile even though it's nominally 100/80 tire. I'm 5 feet 9.5 and only feel cramped when I'm up on the pillion.

Would it help to raise the seat height if the rear shock is set at maximum?

I just want to know if that shop has front tyres also, and any that are a bit wider for the rear, say 110/70.

Since they had the rear tire in stock 100/80, they're bound to have the front tires as well.

You don't need more grip on the CBR150 to deliver the power; I've never had wheelspin. A wider footprint would be nice. I've never seen a wider tubeless sports-style tread for the CBR. Not sure how it would fit on the rim, either.

• 1 year later...

Ran across this old post of mine when I was considering the CBR-150 and am happy to say that after 14,000 KM, it fits me and the FNU just fine! My only complaint with the bike is the vibration when clutching around town. Other than that, a great bike for Thailand.

Since they had the rear tire in stock 100/80, they're bound to have the front tires as well.

You don't need more grip on the CBR150 to deliver the power; I've never had wheelspin. A wider footprint would be nice. I've never seen a wider tubeless sports-style tread for the CBR. Not sure how it would fit on the rim, either.

PB.... Great to see your posts.. Always good. I do get my CBR spinning often when solo, like hitting a switch-back or city intersection really leaned over with the engine revved up good. You can see a visible difference now between the front and rear Michelin tires due to wear, and this is after less than 5000 KM. A lot of mountain miles lately. It sure doesn't break loose like my old 750, but if you drive it hard in turns, you'll get it to spin.