The Rudest Drivers

jaideeguy

Most Mercedes drivers, of most kinds.

Any lane.

Any speed.

Any time.

Followed closely by people who have wasted their money on the fake SUV called a Toyota Fortuner.

Wasted?? did 70.000 kilometers with mine witout 1 single problem.

I'd say it's a winner.

Why should i buy an expensive car here if other people dont care one bit about it.

People driving like idiots.

Now i have a SUV wannabee that seems to have no problems pulling my 2800 kg speedboot out of the water, together half the price of a 'Real" SUV.

The other half of the money i'm gonna use for my son for college.

I think that's a better way of spending your money in LOS then puting your money in a car.

What happened to it at 71km?

I went to the Toyota dealer for its 70.000km service inspection.

Guess what? Nothing wrong with it.

Aren't they great..Toyotas?

Oh, and once i had a FERRARI sticking to my ass, thinking i could somehow evaporate out of his way and let him close up to the bus in front of me.

Reminds me a few months ago I came with millimeters of a bump with a Ferrari.

It was only after rolling down my window and letting my feelings be known I realized it was Paradorn.

Made me pause for a micro second before launching into the second verse.

Cheers

All cars with a license plate: krungtepmahanakorn (Bangkok)

The name (in Thai) is under the numbers.

42606273bkk30600copy.jpg

Petch01

To a banork driver that is probably true.

To a Krungthep driver its the banork drivers who whilst not generally being rude are very unpredictable.

Cheers

In Pattaya it is the mini bus drivers around 4-6pm when they are knocking off and want to get along Sukhumvit ASAP. They don't care about lanes, rules, crashes etc.

After them come council or other non owner drivers who don't have to foot the bill for their actions.

Big buses are a pain in the arse as well.

The unwritten rule here is that "Might is right!" The bigger the vehicle, the more authority its driver has and they will often behave accordingly. This unwritten rule is even featured in some travel books on Thailand (I have one) so it's nothing new. Another unwritten rule is that if you're involved in an accident with a truck driver (commerical trucks), they'll likely flee the scene being that they're often uninsured and will most likely lose their job if they get caught. Many of these guys are high on speed or extremely tired from their crazy schedules. I once saw an 18-wheeler being driven as if it were a go-kart on a busy road in BKK!

Edited by Thaiboxer

Have just driven from Udon to Pattaya and return, I must agree with the observations re Fortuners and Vigos (black of course). Arrogant, impatient, dangerous and inconsiderate drivers in many cases.

And I drive a Vigo (bronze).

And not the mention the 5 flipped trucks going through the mountains near Kabin Buri.

UUhhuu, I am crying, I have a black Fortuner and all your guys don’t like them uuhhhuu, somebody want to buy it? I can re spray it if you want, what about pink? Can’t take it anymore, for god sake guys, get a real life don’t you have anything else to do than watch all the Fortuners on the road here in Thailand. Can’t believe anybody can be that stupid.... and I am not answering any of the mails there will be coming now, still think you’re stupid....

UUhhuu, I am crying, I have a black Fortuner and all your guys don’t like them uuhhhuu, somebody want to buy it? I can re spray it if you want, what about pink? Can’t take it anymore, for god sake guys, get a real life don’t you have anything else to do than watch all the Fortuners on the road here in Thailand. Can’t believe anybody can be that stupid.... and I am not answering any of the mails there will be coming now, still think you’re stupid....

Hi :o

I personally love the Fortuner, regardless what colour - except for all the electronics in them (i guess the Fortuner's combined computing power beats my PC by lengths...). Have driven my boss' (2.7 VVTI, not a Diesel) and love how it drives, however all the beeping and <deleted> when i'm driving backwards or don't wear the belt for parking... and can't get the key out if it isn't in "P", <deleted>?

However my boss drives the thing like he personally owns all of the roads in Thailand, tailgates other cars and shows zero respect for motorbikes....... and sadly, many other Fortuner-drivers show very similar attitude. This is how the image of a car gets stained........

And don't worry about this forum thread, in Germany a leading car-magazine has this MONTHLY "Which cars have the rudest drivers"..... and my car then (Volkswagen Polo G40) was always high on that list too, which does not mean that i am a rude driver, neither do YOU have to be a rude driver :D

Best regards.....

Thanh

All cars with a license plate: krungtepmahanakorn (Bangkok)

The name (in Thai) is under the numbers.

42606273bkk30600copy.jpg

Petch01

To a banork driver that is probably true.

To a Krungthep driver its the banork drivers who whilst not generally being rude are very unpredictable.

Cheers

Yes, quite so, the number of times you get behind someone on the Toll-way who is doing about 50km/h in the fast lane then you see they don't have Bangkok Plates.

I just pity them as they are probably lost and scared with probably no idea where to go.

Hi :o

I drove that car only for little over a year before moving to Thailand, in that time i did some 20.000 kilometers and never had a problem with the "G-Lader" (supercharger). My car had 71.000 Kilometers when i sold it, still first supercharger in there but it had been overhauled once before i got the car, it's ex owner had been involved in an accident with it and along with the body he also had the engine, supercharger etc done.

Many people told me that the little rocket would be a grave for money, but that's maybe because most of those G40's are driven by young "Schumacher-wannabes" who drive pedal-to-the-metal all the time - for me i just enjoyed ocassionally the raw power of the supercharger and mostly drove it like any other car. But it had that little something to go 210 KM/h in a 1.3 :D

Some folks even fit the larger superchargers from the G60 Golf's or Corrado's...... but for me, i just prefer to keep any engine as close to stock as possible (if it isn't a Zundapp two-stroke 50cc, i LOVE to tune those!) - i didn't even change the exhaust from stock, only welded a larger endpipe on the stock final muffler :D Oh, and even tough i was just 24 years old then, mine was neither lower, wider nor harder - and i drove on stock 165/65/13 tyres! My daily commute was 120 kilometers and the price of petrol in Germany made sure that i chose "economy" even in that "racing" type of car.

I only once saw a Polo of that type (but not a G40, just a CL) here in Bangkok... i would like to have one here. Small, economic and if needed, fast as heck.

Best regards.....

Thanh

BMW drivers are by far the most aggressive.

Disagree.

It's a popular notion but I found no evidence for it in Thailand. Very few BMW drivers buy their cars to show off power and driving abilities. The super high sticker prices weed out these characters early on, plus buying a Bimmer as opposed to a Benz implies some level of sophistication in Thailand.

Usually road bullies would settle on something like black Fortuners.

C'mon guys, open up ur eyes.. have you heard of crazy, but safe consept ?!?.. At least they are agile, and keep to their lanes !! Now if you want CRAZY, Green buses & soi pickups Top the list along with motorbikes, jumping lane to lane without any indicators, or concern, for the rest of traffic .. The rest of buses, who don't give Sh*t about the bus lanes... which i thought suppose to be for their use ...

Black Fortuners and any Vigo's make me pucker up, i hate tailgaters and its normally one of them.

Crap!

I know there are quit some rude Fortuner and Vigo drivers out there..

But to say it's normally one of them.

Cant agree with you.

agree i drive a black fortuner and am a very safe driver ,the reason people dont like fortuner drivers is there are so many on the road .

More important than the vehicle is the stickers you put on your windshield.

Some stickers handed out by Army Generals to their friends can make you untouchable.

Park anywhere, drive like a prick, the cops won't say a word.

So true.

Watch out for the metal Police/Army badge insignia on the radiator grill too.

Their arrogance knows no bounds.

Please guys, where can i get that badge

Just wondering about other's expericnces on the road regarding rude drivers and what brand of vehicles they drive....excluding taxis and tuk-tuks and songthews [which would head this list].

Having driven the 'mean streets' of LOS for a few years now i can say that [generally] drivers of VIGOS and FORTUNAS are way ahead of the others when it comes to bad road manners....speeding, tailgating, not giving way, etc.

What do other's see on the roads??

please share.....

1. A songtaew!

2. A taxi

3. A motorcycle with added sidecar

4. A Fortuner

Having driven well over 150,000k in Thailand in both a 4x4 Mitsu and a 4x4 Fortuner and considering that I spend most of my time in BKK, I do consider the worst drivers I meet on a daily basis are in two categories :-

The first category – Experienced professional drivers

1. Minivan taxi’s drivers

2. The short green buses drivers

3. Taxi drivers

4. Motor cycle taxi rider’s that hang between two lanes of traffic at their own pace

5. Bus drivers that drive in the third lane then swerve to pick up passengers just before a bus stop

The second category – basic inexperienced drivers

1. The young Hi So in their Honda, Vios or Mazda driving whilst trying to phone

2. Those who are in a world of their own hugging the third lane going slower than the rest of the traffic

3. The bewildered hillbilly in a matt painted Isuzu driving with his window open who all of a sudden realises he needs to do a right turn directly from the left lane.

Now one poster here described the Fortuner as a want to be SUV. Now from experience of owning several serious vehicles including SUV’s I can assure the poster that the Fortuner is an excellent 4x4 that can cope with some tough off roading.

I took mine jungle trekking in both Kanchanaburi and Chang Rai and was pleased with the result. The only modification was to the standard vehicle was a set of Mud/Terrain tyres on 15x6 wheels.

The Fortuner is a fairly decent off-roader at a reasonable price and must not be put in the same category as the CRV, or the Escape

Ok some drivers of black Fortuners do tend to speed and Fortuners like any large SUV must look intimidating to the ordinary car driver, but you must judge the individual driver and not the vehicle

you are not doing much to change our minds.