Land Upgrade Nor Sor 3 To Chanot

I have 5 rai on Phuket that I want to upgrade to chanot. It is NS3 so it's fairly easy to upgrade. I'm just wondering what a normal lawyer fee to perform this function would be. I'm not talking about tea money to the powers that be, just the lawyer fee.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

You can apply direct through the land office - If you can speak or find somebody to speak thai and start the process for you . No lawyer fee .

Thanks Churchill,

I didn't know that. Do you know what all I need? I can bring my NS3 papers, do I need to bring anything else? Any detailed help on this would be really appreciated.

I'm supposing there is a land office on Samui that I would go to. Anybody know where that is?

I have 5 rai on Phuket
I'm supposing there is a land office on Samui

perhaps you do need a lawyer.

:o

Must watch your wording on TV or the "useful info" guys will come out to get you.

ok ok, let me rephrase.

Could you please tell me where the land office is?

Additionally, what other documentation should I bring.

I did hear via another source a lawyer wanted 50,000 baht for this service. Seems steep, comments?

Thank you.

you apply at the land office .

we did ours at samui land office .

after a wait of about 4 months we were asked to show up at the land along with the owners of all the bits of land that had a boundary with ours (actually my wifes) , and the land was measured out again and new chanote posts placed. we lost about 100sq. m. on a rai which seems to be common when upgrading takes place. if the other owners cant show up then they must send a representative to act on their behalf in case of any disputes when setting out the new boundaries , as i believe once a chanote title has been granted the boundaries cannot be disputed.

interestingly , only 1 of our 4 "neighbours" on the undeveloped land around ours were samuians , they were from bangkok.

it helps to have the land cleared so that the officials and their tape measures can access the boundaries. if the land is on steep hillside or inpenetrable brush then try and make it easy for them to move about.

documents are signed and off everybody goes.

about 6 months later the chanote papers arrived.

there was a small fee to the land office for which a receipt was given , a large fee would have speeded up the process considerably , but we were in no hurry.

the land office were easy to deal with and efficient , but i cant remember where about on samui it is , out of nathon on the road to lamai perhaps ?

if you are a foreigner then you wont be the actual owner of the land , so you will need the owners power of attorney to act on their behalf , if your partner is the owner then they will need their identity card and anything else that thais need when they do stuff at a government office . i'm sure they will know what is needed.

50,000 to a lawyer for basically just showing up doesnt surprise me at all.

i dont know how they manage to do it for the price !

Edited by taxexile

So is the process the same for nor sor 3 and nor sor 3 gor titles ?

Do you first have to upgrade from ns3 to ns3g for example or go straight from ns3 to chanote ??

If your example of losing 100sqm is common place, the there is a lot of land being lost and who is accumulating it all ??? Maybe the surveyors are siphoning off small plots from every upgrade around the country....they be land barrons by now.

So is the process the same for nor sor 3 and nor sor 3 gor titles ?

ours was a ns3g to a chanote , i dont know about other upgrades.

the losing of the 100sq.m. was unexpected , they moved the marker posts by a few feet to our disadvantage at the north boundary of the plot , and we gained a few feet at the eastern boundary , overall we lost about 100 sq. m.

the measuring was done with long tape measures with all concerned parties peering over the surveyors shoulder and shouting words of encouragement etc.