Looking For Kitchen

dandare

hi all im looking for a kitchen(western style), just wondering if this can be purchesed in surin area. i know theres one in korat but heard their very expensive. any info would be grately appreciated.

this may help Ice Furniture

He is in Buriram, turns out good quality kitchens and prices are very good.

Hmmm, link dosent appear to work :o

Edited by Thai Chi

IQ Modern Trade (Surin) have a couple of ranges of kitchen units in wood and also some in plastic. One of the wooden ranges has free-standing base units while the other has only door units that needs mounting in brick or a wooden carcass. There is also a good marble / granite shop in town that will supply and fit a good quality work top. A typical price for a 4 by 2 meter run (L-shaped), western style, and with applicances should cost in the order of 100K. A certain degree of DIY is required.

damb, your right the link don't work.

..........So I have copied a couple of posts from that topic :o

Hope it helps you Dandare.

1. I had a western style kitchen (my design) made and installed late last year at roughly half the quoted cost of Home Pro Very pleased with the quality and workmanship

Its run by an Englishman, Ron,and his wife. Other side lines include curtains (made and fitted) Office furniture and anything else you may need for the home.

The good thing I like about this shop, is that Ron is passing on his passion for all things wood, to his staff. He is giving them free tutelage that will only help their job prospects over time

Just up from the swimming pool / tennis courts, opposite side of the road. (thai chi)

2. visited ICE Furniture a few weeks ago and spoke with the owner and his Thai wife. Very nice people and would have to agree, the kitchen deal they are advertising seems like a good deal. We ended up buying a couch and they deliver, if it is not too far outside of Buriram city. I wish that we visited there before we did the kitchen and some of the other furniture. Anyone think there are better places around Buriram at a better price, please do pass along the information, so we all are aware. Thanks and good luck. (mailman)

Just a thought...

I put in a western kitchen - very nice, I thought, better than the local concrete ones....

Termites. :o

Inspect frequently, they don't take long to eat a unit. I have found they come from behind the tiles, making their way through the small holes drilled through the tiles where the units are fixed to the walls.

Good luck,

Mike

I have done business with Ron and his wife a number of times, and have not only been quite happy with the items I purchased, or the items that Ron and his crew made for me. I have found his suggestions, his willingness and ability to create furniture, which conforms to our home and needs, to be particularly helpful. Kitchens are not the only projects he undertakes. I can only suggest to go see Ron prior to making any purchases, you will find that custom furniture can be quite affordable, and I believe you will be glad you did.