Mobility Scooter

catmac

Though I can't hep with specifics, I do suggest you at least stop by a Pharma Choice Pharmacy as they're all over the city and they seem to be tied in with most major hospital/ medical needs suppliers. I'm betting they can either show you a couple choices that would have to be special ordered or can point you to who will be a supplier. They usually have ppl who speak great English working there too. I have a feeling this is a good first step, but also you will then have to pursue on your own with phones etc, and there should be some fun communication adventures for you. Use their info to comparison shop.

Also, might this be better posted in the health/ medical forum? Is there one? At least somewhere where you are are likely to get more heads knocking together to help you find what you want. Maybe even the gen'l forum.

Good Luck.

I'm looking to buy a mobility scooter in Chiang Mai. Does anyone know any dealers/stockists here?

I had a Honda Rebel 450cc trike built for about 70,000 baht, although in Phet'buri. But there's enough bikers around Chiang Mai to find out who can build one if you wanted. I forget where they meet now.

But as far as what your asking about - there's a disabled information centre in CM who might know. But again I forget exactly where, as it's been a long time since I lived there. But I have seen them on sale in shopping malls in BKK. I reckon that you might have to order, or bring one back via train from there.

But if you have no joy, then I know of an Irish Pub/restaurant in Cha-Am that hires out mobility scooters. I could ask exactly where he buys them from if that'd be any help ?

you might try a 3 wheel scooter as an alternative - many elderly thai use them, they are more suited for thai driving conditions

I have been looking for 3 wheeler schooter but have only been able to find 50cc with out plate as they say under 75cc you do not need plate not sure????

• 3 weeks later...
A bit tardy but saw in BKK post on Sunday. Gems Electric 02-385-1900. gemcar.co.th

T3 3 wheeled version 39,500 and four wheeled 62,600. both supposed to fit in a car. Can have on credit.

I just looked at that Gems website and I think that in the future, perhaps not so far away I will be very interested in their cars.

I live up in the central region 6km outside the village and their 4 wheeler looks just what I would need.

I tried to contact them but my server quietly died without telling me so I have had to reboot and start again.

Thanks a lot for the link.

:o:D