Cbr150r Fuel Consumption

amal2029

Hi Guys,

I am expecting my first CBR150R on this coming Monday. The dealer already accepts my advance and promised to deliver the bike on Monday. I am trading my ex LS125R and pay the balance in cash. It will cost me 64K including license and insurance.

By the way, could anyone help me to find out the fuel consumption of CBR150R? It doesn’t seem to show in the brochure. :o

Thanks in advance :D

30 km to a liter, same as 3.3 liters per 100 km, tank after tank, carefully measured and compared over the first 24,000 kilometers, driven hard and fast. Confirmed occasionally since then, and when you have a ten liter tank and fill it properly, that's accurate. If you're American, that equates to 69 or 70 miles per gallon.

Yeah, a 100 Honda Wave would have saved you about twelve satang per week. But, if you'd waited till next year's model, the CBR150Ri might give better gas mileage and more horsepower and torque.

30 km to a liter, same as 3.3 liters per 100 km, tank after tank, carefully measured and compared over the first 24,000 kilometers, driven hard and fast. Confirmed occasionally since then, and when you have a ten liter tank and fill it properly, that's accurate. If you're American, that equates to 69 or 70 miles per gallon.

Yeah, a 100 Honda Wave would have saved you about twelve satang per week. But, if you'd waited till next year's model, the CBR150Ri might give better gas mileage and more horsepower and torque.

I keep hearing that the fuel injection new CBR150 R model is going to get more horsepower and torque, but I have two questions:

1. When is it actually showing up; i.e. does anyone have any concrete information that it's coming out?
  2. Considering that the CBR125 R(i) has a H.P. differential(0.104 HP/cc) that is less than its displacement differential compared to the CBR150 R(0.133 HP/cc) (carberatued), why is everyone saying that there's going to be an increase in power?

Thank you very much for you straight answer. :D However, I am some what disappointed to hear its only 30 Km per 1 lt. :o

I had a genuine HONDA XL250R, a four stroke 4 valves, 250cc trail bike 15 years ago and it did 35 Km per 1 lt. Consider its 250 cc (247cc actual) and 20 -25 year old technology engine 35Km is far better than compare to 2006 year CBR150 engine. I am not asking 50 Km or 60 Km. but, I expect CBR150 to be some what 35-40 Km per 1 lt.

Now days 4 stroke engines should be more advance than my old XL250R. I had a built-in trip meter in my old XL250R. So, I am very sure about my claim of 35Km per 1 lt. :D

amal, I ride my CBR hard, and lots of those 31 and 29 km per liter gas tanks were spent at 130 kph indicated, or ripping through the gears, using both brakes, etc. Maybe somebody who uses the CBR for easy driving will shift early, stay below 100 kph, and get 36 km per liter. But I didn't buy a CBR to drive it like a Honda Dream!

I'm no engineer, but I understand that FI is more efficient, and can be programmed to deliver more peak hp than carburetion. Also, while it's not easy to mount a new carb (or an old Amal carb :o) on a CBR, it might be easy to re-program the computer chip of the FI to deliver more power. Also, the CBR125 is sometimes sold in markets (perhaps the UK is an example) where the authorities limit the claimed horsepower for the teenagers or the starter market.

This CBR150 is the smallest bike I've ever owned, and it's even less thirsty than my Suzuki GN400X was. I think 69 miles per US gallon is fantastic, and it approaches the point of diminishing returns. Mathematically, that means that by then, you're using so little fuel that you can hardly save much more. I know I'm much too in love with my 150, but it really does everything I ask it to do in Thailand, although twenty-nine more horsepower would be fun. :o

It is very easy to cruise at those speeds, make sure your full face helmet is down and the going is smooth and fast!

There are some that say the CBR 150 is capable of reaching 160 kph but the japanese installed a rev-limiter to cut it down to 140 kph...

I am intrigued by this new CBR 150Ri next year though... If it's any good I might trade in my CBR for one.... :o

Wow this thread made my day! a new CBR 150 with Fi. I know what I am getting myself for christmas next year.

About traveling at 130kph, it only seems to take about 10 seconds or less to get there, and the bike has no problem running that speed. I've made 145 but it was a bit downhill. Any modification at all would take it to 150 IMO.

Hey Peace did you ever get yours painted?

Also, does anyone know where to get a K&A air filter for the CBR in Bangkok or preferably Chonburi or Pattaya?

Two days after buying my CBR150, I started commuting to work on the superhighway, 35 km each way, five days per week. Countless times, twice each day, I reached and sustained speeds between (indicated) 110 and 142, usually for periods of five minutes at a time. That was a very smooth road, and I knew the traffic well. But twice cattle crossed the road, and once I ran out of gas, once an NSR150 pulled away from me at 140 after keeping pace for 5 km, and once I got a flat front tire, so things do happen. I really think that 180 or 200 indicated is tempting fate too much. At 130 kph, you're passing Volvos and Benzes rapidly. With my new rear tire which has larger diameter, 124 indicated is only 9,000 rpm.

The model sold in Thailand has no rev limiter, no top speed limiter. Fifth gear still pulls above 10,000 rpm, and we've all found ourself cruising at a gear lower than we thought. It's not a loud screamer on the road.

canuck, I never did get it painted. We just removed the CBR decals from the front flanks, which left it looking much cleaner. I wish now I'd painted it shocking pink, because that color is all the rage. :o

Wow this thread made my day! a new CBR 150 with Fi. I know what I am getting myself for christmas next year.

About traveling at 130kph, it only seems to take about 10 seconds or less to get there, and the bike has no problem running that speed. I've made 145 but it was a bit downhill. Any modification at all would take it to 150 IMO.

Hey Peace did you ever get yours painted?

Also, does anyone know where to get a K&A air filter for the CBR in Bangkok or preferably Chonburi or Pattaya?

I know for sure that you can get it from Red Baron in BKK, they also have mailorder service .

www.redbaron.com

I fitted one on my CBR 150 and its a big diffrens, and some other changes and I have not noticed that I have higher fuel consumtion then before.

you can read my mods in CBR 150 club in this forum if you not done it already :o

Thanks but that link is for a pizza place. I did however find a New Zealand site for RedBaron.

Is that the one you meant, www.redbaron.co.nz

They make it a bit tough to check products without first sending personal info. I hate that.

Peace: I am going to paint mine sunset pearl when I get the free time. I'll upload a pic when done.

Sorry again people the Honda CBR-150R is what it is today... the newest version (2008) has some fairing changes and also being the latest CBR-150R ever. There will not be a 2009 version.

Some modification kits seem to get to the market, basic bore-up modified, or custom made cylinder with cylinder head, being at the basic a CBR-125Ri PGM-FI with modified Keihin throttle body...all very experimental ....

Considering that (AP)Honda was trying to show that the PGM-FI system could work for the 150cc for close to one year to the Japanese mother, and never succeeded, I find it hard to belief that some back-street-modifiers found the animated solution, as it would be worth a lot of money.

First for the 125cc CBR-125Ri and the Wave 125i changed the piston, to be ceramic coated, as in some situation the engine will produce a way to lean combustion which will burn a hole in any conventional aluminum piston. Second Honda Thailand was not showing any green effect for the modified CBR-150, and therefore toping Honda worldwide plan to make all motorcycles clean before 2009.

Therefore if is sorry we will not get a CBR-150 in 2009, but APHonda is offered a list of other models to produce, to handsome license plans, which will all compensate the CBR production in Thailand. (It is said that APHONDA is offered a free license to produce the Honda CBF-250 (in America know as CBX-250****)

Some insiders even suggested that APHONDA would get the license to produce worldwide (larger displacement) models, to follow competition coming from Kawasaki and Yamaha.

*** and offered a export marked to Malaysia,, Philippine's, Vietnam, Singapore and Indonesia

Edited by Richard-BKK

I advice people to stay clear of going to RedBaron, the smallest bike they service is a Kawasaki KSR-110 (probably a hobby of one of the main mechanics).

Other motorcycles parts, service or equipment is all to service bikes bigger then 250cc

http://www.redbaronbkk.com for more Honda CBR-150 details I will inform all at http://www.motorcycle.in.th

so a CBR 150Ri soon to be released is just rubbish?

Official...never going to get to the market....... I even get some early press releases of testing which where recalled by Honda Japan

Edited by Richard-BKK

Richard,

I keep hearing you quoting that the CBR 150R is going to cease production......where are the links? I do understand about the no PGM-FI, but considering that it was just what, last year, that the Australians opened that junior class to CBR150s, and the fact that that size is popular in Africa's racing scene, it really doesn't make sense that Honda would just drop the bike like that. Where did it go from no PGM-FI to no more CBR150?

I'm also hearing a lot of this CBX-250 stuff. I highly doubt it is coming, but hey, them lifting the +200cc tax is as probably likely as them lifting the +3.0 litre taxes.

Thanks but that link is for a pizza place. I did however find a New Zealand site for RedBaron.

Is that the one you meant, www.redbaron.co.nz

They make it a bit tough to check products without first sending personal info. I hate that.

Peace: I am going to paint mine sunset pearl when I get the free time. I'll upload a pic when done.

Sorry had some trouble to logon the forum this is the correct adress

http://www.redbaronbkk.com/