Bake And Bite

Ulysses G.

I keep hearing good things about the breakfasts at Bake and Bite's two larger branches on Changklan Road in the Night Bazaar and over on Niemanheman Road, so today I road my bike over and checked it out.

GREAT breakfasts featuring the best buttermilk biscuits and hash browns in Northern Thailand (actually Art Cafe's hash browns are a little different but just as good).

Anyway, good news for buttermilk biscuit fans, the ones at Bake and Bite are even better than Sojo's (who don't do breakfast anymore) and they are right around the corner. In fact, I would say that Bake and Bite's breakfasts are just as good or better than Sojo's, so no big deal that they aren't doing them any more.

Anyway, good news for buttermilk biscuit fans, the ones at Bake and Bite are even better than Sojo's . . . and they are right around the corner. [italics added]

Gotta be a blonde joke in there somewhere . . . :D

I was thinking exactly the same thing but decided not to write anything. I can see the post after someone writes "so where is Bake and Bite" UG will come back with something along the lines of "starting at The Dukes, cross the bridge and turn the corner, head down the road a piece and it is just around another corner. Meanwhile PB will be looking for a compass to find Doi Suthep and head in a Southerly direction towards Chiang Rai :o

CB

The waitress at the Bake and Bite asked the blond if she wanted her biscuits cut into four or eight pieces...".Four! she replied I could never eat eight!"

What do blonds and "cow pies" have in common?....The older they are,the easier they are to pick up

Edited by bunta71

I lived in Chiang Mai for three years 2003-2006. And Bake and Bite was our default restaurant. As a breakfast place it can't be beat. My thai wife also loved the food there. The owner spent some years in the USA, and it reflects in her cooking. There are some things Americans just need to eat for breakfast.

As mentioned the biscuits and gravy were great, but absolutely try their breakfast burrito. I'm still drooling...

Fresh backed cinnamon rolls, great cookies, pies and sweets too.

I highly recommend you check it out too.

"The main branch of Bake and Bite is on Chang Klan Road just South of the intersection with Sri Don Chai Road."

Alright, so I'll make the effort to find this place since I must drive past it every day practically. South of night Bazaar n Panthip (Sri Donchai) intersection, so that must put it where? Down by the new Shangrila? Down as far as the Central Hospital ? What's it next to? Or how many blocks down from the intersection is it? Which side of the street if I'm headed South toward the Super Hwy (Mahidon) ?

And by the way, my favorite Khao Man Gai place is right down there, pretty much opposite the Central Hospital on Changklan - Ai Uan (Mr. Fat!). Tasty stuff and great naam jim. They get a line out the door on weekends with Thais trying to get a seat.

"The main branch of Bake and Bite is on Chang Klan Road just South of the intersection with Sri Don Chai Road."

Alright, so I'll make the effort to find this place since I must drive past it every day practically. South of night Bazaar n Panthip (Sri Donchai) intersection, so that must put it where? Down by the new Shangrila? Down as far as the Central Hospital ? What's it next to? Or how many blocks down from the intersection is it? Which side of the street if I'm headed South toward the Super Hwy (Mahidon) ?

And by the way, my favorite Khao Man Gai place is right down there, pretty much opposite the Central Hospital on Changklan - Ai Uan (Mr. Fat!). Tasty stuff and great naam jim. They get a line out the door on weekends with Thais trying to get a seat.

I'm making a habit out of this.

Bake_and_Bite.kmz

post-48006-1196883022_thumb.jpg

I must say that I found this place using the directions that UG gave, without the aerials. It is basically across from Giorgios.

Ate there this morning for Father's Day breakfast and it was excellent, as usual.

I need to tell P'Gai to start making/sending biscuits over at Nimmanhaemin--most Westside folk (like me) are just too lazy to venture over to the frenetic touristland side of town. :o

Gai told me that -starting today - EVERY branch of Bake and Bite will have buttermilk biscuits EVERY day.

I think that the price for one warm biscuit with plenty of butter and strawberry jam is 35 baht, 20 baht with no toppings.

The main branch of Bake and Bite is on Chang Klan Road just South of the intersection with Sri Don Chai Road.

"Just South" means a little bit South of the intersection on Chang Klan Road, maybe 20 meters South on the left side of the road if you are coming from the Night Bazaar and going with traffic. Yes, right across the street from Georgio's. :o

Rassuru just dropped by on his motorbike and had me draw him a map to Bake and Bite.

So much for my great instructions! :D

That's unfair . . . to you. Next thing you know, you'll be telling us you're not a blonde, but you play one one TV. :o

Finding the place was a cinch, and I second your emotion: loved the place. Went for the pecan pancakes with a side of crispy bacon, washed down by a cup of nice black coffee. Mmm, mmmmm!!!

Many thanks for the tip.

U.G.: With the help of google earth and some time, I was able to locate, almost exactly, the location of Sunee's restaurant from your directions. So to help this "doesn't get out much" local would you answer these questions for me?

1. Traveling south on Nihahemin Road, how many sois do you pass until you get to Bake and Bite". South is away from Super Highway and Amari Hotel intersection.

2. Is it anywhere near where Mike's Burgers was?

3. Which side of the street, Mountain or canal complex side?

Will be most grateful

b&b has the best 'french toast' in ... well anywhere i've ever had french toast. it is so rich it is almost impossible for me to finish a plate.

French toast and pecan pancakes are must tries and I want to try their breakfast link sausages (wasn't crazy about the pork sausage patties) and bacon. :o

U.G.: With the help of google earth and some time, I was able to locate, almost exactly, the location of Sunee's restaurant from your directions. So to help this "doesn't get out much" local would you answer these questions for me?

1. Traveling south on Nihahemin Road, how many sois do you pass until you get to Bake and Bite". South is away from Super Highway and Amari Hotel intersection.

2. Is it anywhere near where Mike's Burgers was?

3. Which side of the street, Mountain or canal complex side?

Will be most grateful

Bake and Bite is located on Soi 6 on the right hand side, 20m before Powerhouse. There is a small plaque on the corner of the building, but the entrance is difficult to find as it is well camouflaged. Ample parking outside.

For some reason I am envisioning all of you as PORKERS!

If not, I am just going to have to head over there and try their low-cal bacon, sausages, pies, french toast, cinnamon rolls, cakes, et al..

Seriously, been there, going again and again. My Thai wife came along and experienced the cinnamon/pecan/whatever buns and rolls and now comes home with bags of them! Fortunately for her girlish figure, I gobble them all down while she is not looking.

Here it is 8:40pm and I find myself longing for a B&B breakfast...

I found the Bake n Bite shop off of Neimenheimen, rather easily. Coming nortbound on Neimen's Hymen, it's an easy left turn onto the big soi a bit before Paparazzi restaurant. Fabulous menu. I chose the pancakes with bacon inside (big chunks of real bacon, not soi bits). Also ordered sapalote pan without having a thousand pineapples brought to my table. 115 baht, lots of maple syrup.

My final triumph of the day was to locate the Triumph dealership, but that's another thread.

Seriously, been there, going again and again. My Thai wife came along and experienced the cinnamon/pecan/whatever buns and rolls and now comes home with bags of them! Fortunately for her girlish figure, I gobble them all down while she is not looking.

My wife (Thai) never used to eat anything sweet, but now she too comes home with tons of the stuff.

Unfortunately, I don't get the opportunity to gobble them down first :o - lucky you!

haha! It's 1:08AM and you guys are making me hungry. I'll head there first thing when I wake up and try their breakfast! Do you guys know if they serve breakfast all-day?

I had the breakfast there on Sunday and well worth it, I am not sure of the exact times they serve but from memory it is until 11:00am after which the midday menu comes out. That said I think that if you asked politely they would probably do one for you in the afternoon.

Enjoy

CB

Just returned from 1st exprience at Bake N Bite on chang klan rd. IT WAS DELICIOUS!! and very reasonable price

Ordered steak & egg breakfast with biscuit and gravey. YUM!! Also 6 take away freshly made bagels and reservations for Christmas buffet diner.

Fortunate for me, they are far away from Mae Rim where I live. Otherwise I would be there every day and blame them for getting fat.

Sounds yummy, I generally make my own biscuits, however. The recipe is really quite easy. Anyway I just have to ask:

Coming nortbound on Neimen's Hymen, it's an easy left turn onto the big soi a bit before Paparazzi restaurant.

Neimen's Hymen??? Or do I really not want to know? :o