Kawasaki Ninja 250

Chris78

Oooups Sorry guys I am all wrong above, I thought the stock Ninja FI = US version in sprockets which is all wrong the stock FI has 14 / 43 and not 14 / 45 sprockets. This also explains why the FI has higher top speed than the US version.

In Stock at 13k rpm (Km/h) (The Ninja does 14K but that is redlining)

1st 61

2nd 89

3rd 113

4th 137

5th 159

6th 178

With a 150/70/17 back tire and stock sprocket kit

1st 64

2nd 93

3rd 118

4th 143

5th 166

6th 186

The 150 back with a 15 front sprocket top speed in 6th @ 13k is 199 km/h

So it looks like all you need is a 15 front with a 150 back tire...

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm cruisin' comfortably in the 100-120 km/hr range on my little Ninja 250R. I've wound it up to 160+ km/hr but man, in Thailand it freaks me out a bit-

I hit a dog last weekend :o I was hauling ass on the 304 from Chacheongsao back to BKK and this mongrel dog just pops onto the road out of nowhere. Scared the shit out of me and thought I was going to go down, but didn't, Praise Buddha!

Little mutt mighta lived too if the Toyota HiAce that was behind me hadn't splattered him good... :D

Ok guys just got back from Bangkok to see and ride the Ninja, and the bike was ok.

i wanted a low down on the finance side of things and what was included.

so ok the bikes 139,900 baht, 13,000 baht insurance and 925baht rego.

deposit inc rego and insurance is 53,825 then 5,000 a month for 24 months

(interest 10%)

no freebies at all, no helmet or seat hump.

can you guys who have financed, confirm these prices because i have seen on numerous threads that they give free helmets and the insurance is only 7500 etc.

so any confirmations would be nice maybe from pattaya or chaing mai.

thanks allan

Hiya Allan,

Wow- wonder who you talked to at the Kawasaki Big Bike shop.... I put down 10,000 Baht deposit and paid the rest on delivery and got a choice of free helmet or seat cowl. Don't know anything about financing since I'm not into paying interest. The insurance is up to you. The Kawasaki shop can get you signed up for 1st class high limit insurance coverage for 13,000 Baht but you can find cheaper plans with lower coverage from other companies if you care to shop around.

Khun Chalerm sold me my bike- a super nice fellow with terrible English and a winning smile. If you need English assistance you should talk to K. Pom (I think that's her name...) Super friendly again and quite good English. I'm not too impressed with the other sales guys that work there. The mechanics are all super cool, but their manager is, IMHO a DICK. :o

Ride on!

bigbike

the guy in the shop told me no promotion ever we do no,no,no.

at that point i told him that other people had told me yes,yes,yes.

you know what he said...............................yep. they wrong no promotion.

so i'm wondering if the deals are at the dealers in chaing mai or pattaya hence my post.

thanks

allan

bigbike

at that point i told him that other people had told me yes,yes,yes.

you know what he said...............................yep. they wrong no promotion.

so i'm wondering if the deals are at the dealers in chaing mai or pattaya hence my post.

thanks

allan

Hmm I got the promo from Bangkok and picked it up in Pattaya, another user ordered from Pattaya and got the promo and picked it up from Pattaya. Maybe you should call Bangkok and talk to them. BigBikeBKK could maybe help you out with the person to talk to and then that person could call your local dealer.

Very hard to correct one Dave. Unlike a car or truck there is no "gear". Inside the front hub is a plate (sort of looks like a washer) which trips the cable once every one revolution. Ergo it may be impossible to adjust a fully mechanical speedo. Apart from a taller tire which I would not even consider.

GPS sounds like the ticket.

Of course they're not going to make it easy! I suppose that a bigger 'washer' could fix the problem, but I'm not up to doing the trig necessary to figure it out.

Than again, screw it. Diameter*Pi=Circumference. So if I know that the speed reads +14%, I need to do a (1.14)Diameter*Pi and I should be spot on.

I hit a dog last weekend :o I was hauling ass on the 304 from Chacheongsao back to BKK and this mongrel dog just pops onto the road out of nowhere. Scared the shit out of me and thought I was going to go down, but didn't, Praise Buddha!

Hope you didn't hit the brakes. Nothing worst in the world than having locked up brakes whilst skidding on dog entails!

Perhaps there never was a promotion? Would be like how the stores increase the price of 20 oz box of soap and than offer 25% for 'free'?

yer Dave thats what i'm thinking. i made a special trip down there and was dissapointed with the service and the total lack of apparel available. i have a feeling that alot more Thais are buying than they expected thats why any freebies are off the menu now.

still i would be interested to know what the guys that have brought the bike got eg: interest rate, freebies and insurance cost.

thanks Allan

Just spoke to Mityont in Pattaya on the phone about the Kawasaki Ninja 250 and he tells me that now they only sell the bike cash. NO FINANCE....

whats that all about.

so this is getting quite funny... gonna phone Chiang Mai now to get the lowdown there.

ok at Chiang Mai 2 week delivery 1,000 initial deposit,30% finance deposit, 9% finance and either free helmet or seat cowl and i spoke to a lovely lady who knew what she was talking about. what a difference BUT she did tell me they only do finance for Chiang Mai resident :o

any way hope this helps. calling bangkok now lol

allan

Just spoke to Mityont in Pattaya on the phone about the Kawasaki Ninja 250 and he tells me that now they only sell the bike cash. NO FINANCE....

whats that all about.

so this is getting quite funny... gonna phone Chiang Mai now to get the lowdown there.

ok at Chiang Mai 2 week delivery 1,000 initial deposit,30% finance deposit, 9% finance and either free helmet or seat cowl and i spoke to a lovely lady who knew what she was talking about. what a difference BUT she did tell me they only do finance for Chiang Mai resident :o

any way hope this helps. calling bangkok now lol

allan

wow so what does that make the payments? ...like 1118 baht a month ahhahaha. Very cool.

Hope you didn't hit the brakes. Nothing worst in the world than having locked up brakes whilst skidding on dog entails!

Man- the dog knew I he was gonna get hit and he kinda hunkered down. I had a bad crash years ago when I skipped over a turtle (yup - that's right- a turtle!) in a curve and wasn't going to make the same mistake twice. I was going way to fast to stop (and even if I could stop I'm confident the drivers behind me could never stop as quickly as a me), so I hit the gas and went right over the dog as I had hoped. If I'd hit him while braking chances are the mutt would not have gone under and I hate to think what a mess that would have been. :D

I paid 7,500 THB for the insurance at Mityon in Pattaya. I was going to get the 13,000 THB policy but the guy showed me this other one and it looked fine. They mentioned a free hel;met I could get next month but didn't mentrion the seat cowl.

BIG GUNS did you pay cash or finance the bike. because i'm just wondering if that makes a difference for insurance.... mind you the lady in chiang mai said 7500 as well. and yes lady in chiang mai said seat cowl or helmet. might be worth asking about it cos i for one hate those d-ring style fasteners which is what they are, quick release for me cos i'm a lazy bastard lol.

allan

Bad news people;

Wife decided that since it was going to be too long of a wait, apparently the bike does NOT have a book, etc. she decided to go out and buy a brand spanking new Ninja 250 for me.

Needless to say, I wasn't happy; I still will have my CBR though.

**oh, and it's the green one which she got financed with 45 000 THB down**

dave boo the ninja does seem to be a good bike from what i saw. where she get it from..

god i wish my girlfriend would do that for me..... :o

allan

give me 45thou for mine (its got a book buts its a 89 so i think your wife would have a fit.lol) then i can go get a ninja.

seemingly the cbr is running ok now. getting it later and going to nonthaburi show

Bad news people;

Wife decided that since it was going to be too long of a wait, apparently the bike does NOT have a book, etc. she decided to go out and buy a brand spanking new Ninja 250 for me.

Needless to say, I wasn't happy; I still will have my CBR though.

**oh, and it's the green one which she got financed with 45 000 THB down**

well there are worse things than having your woman care enought to go spend money on you!

dave boo the ninja does seem to be a good bike from what i saw. where she get it from..

allan

give me 45thou for mine (its got a book buts its a 89 so i think your wife would have a fit.lol) then i can go get a ninja.

seemingly the cbr is running ok now. getting it later and going to nonthaburi show

well there are worse things than having your woman care enought to go spend money on you!

Well, before you get to droopy eyed over her supposed altruism, consider where the money to pay for it is coming from......

I'm still going to try and get on a CBR 250, you better make that bike ride!

**purchased in Nakhon Sawan; said they had all three colours***

Edited by dave_boo

allan

Well, before you get to droopy eyed over her supposed altruism, consider where the money to pay for it is coming from......

I'm still going to try and get on a CBR 250, you better make that bike ride!

Could be worse, at least you can sell it as "new" there seems to be alot of interest in them right now!

THREE colors?! Really? I thought Kawasaki Thailand was only going to offer Kwacker Green and Black. Interesting...

Hey- Enjoy your new Ninja 250R! You'll see- it's a BIG step up over the CBR150 :o

THREE colors?! Really? I thought Kawasaki Thailand was only going to offer Kwacker Green and Black. Interesting...

Hey- Enjoy your new Ninja 250R! You'll see- it's a BIG step up over the CBR150 :o

She was clear, she said they offered 'see dahm', 'see daeng', and 'see keyaow'. Apparently there's a fourth colour in the States, a blue one....

Bard,

Reading your posts and looking at the pictures of your bike its really making me want one.

Very nice indeed :o

Thanks a lot for the nice post, :D I am in love with that capable bike it's brilliant, merged with the amount of aftermarked stuff you can play with it is right up my alley. :D

Also Dave congratulations with your new green Ninja, welcome in the Ninja club you'll like the bike for sure and enjoy it a lot. I just arrived offshore so I have a long way to go before I can sit on my iron horse again, but then again it's something to look forward to.

After a horrible CBR400, a much too rapid 900 fireblade and more recently an all together uninspiring CB750, I have been bikeless for a few months.

It really hit me earlier today how much I miss a bike, but the problem is I cannot ride responsibly on a big bore bike. For me the fun is thrashing a sportbike through the gears and twisties, which on a litre class bike is suicidal on Thai roads.

Your machine would appear to do everything I would require from a bike, ie good rideability, and enough power to feel lively without hurtling through warp factor 1 on a big bore machine.

But, there is a temptation to look for a good CBR400 or RVF400 with a plate which would be cheaper and more powerful (in theory). However, the fact that you are able to own this bike first hand must be worth that premium. Also, there are so many dog tired Thai bikes for sale in that 400cc class its daunting to say the least. A friend of mine uses the phrase "cobbled together" to describe the big bikes here, especially older ones, and I think that sums it up perfectly.

But more than anything, it shines through in your posts how much you love the bike and how happy you are with it, that is something I would love to feel, and I don't know that I would ever be able to with a second hand bike here.

Cheers

Edited by INTJ

You sound like me, I am way to insane on big bikes to drive them responsible so I had to stop it before I killed myself. To take out the bike and run it through the gears, throw it in some twistes and get fun out of it without passing 2.. km/h is what I need. That with a virgin bike is just really good, I love it.

Dave. can you outline what the deposit was for please mate because 45thou is a fair bit less than the nearly 54thou quoted by rama9.

Allan

Wife said it was 'sam-sip' percent of the total cost. I forgot to ask her the interest rate however.

dave did she have to pay for the insurance if so how much. because 30% is standard and thats 41,997 list price 139,999 again strange cos rama9 quote 39,900. ok

gotta try and find a good dealer, rama9 kawasaki dont seem to like calling back lol

dave did she have to pay for the insurance if so how much. because 30% is standard and thats 41,997 list price 139,999 again strange cos rama9 quote 39,900. ok

gotta try and find a good dealer, rama9 kawasaki dont seem to like calling back lol

I'll call her in the morning and get all the information your asking for and post it.