Kawasaki Ninja 250

Chris78

I have the Genuine Kawasaki Manual for this in English as a PDF.

Any owners here in Thailand who want it for free then just send me private message and I will send it.

Has anyone found a matching helmet yet for the green one?

This is the one that is going in my carryon when I return;

e3301415xs.jpg

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Plus - thaicbr, what's this sexy hugger from japan, I've been looking everywhere for one, was considering seeing some local guys that mould car spoilers and skirts in fibre-glass, to see if they could shape one up for me.

I take the liberty of answering for Allan on the Japanese rear hugger it's made by A-Tech and here's the link to there online shop. http://www.a-tech.org/shop/index.html if it doesn't open on the Ninja parts, just click on Kawasaki, then Ninja 250. Below is a picture of the hugger, plus a picture of a full A-Tech mod of the Ninja. Has lot's of nice Carbon fibre stuff, front fender etc...

Cheers Bard

post-60239-1224866828_thumb.jpg

post-60239-1224866881_thumb.jpg

I have the Genuine Kawasaki Manual for this in English as a PDF.

Any owners here in Thailand who want it for free then just send me private message and I will send it.

Has anyone found a matching helmet yet for the green one?

This is the one that is going in my carryon when I return;

e3301415xs.jpg

bought one of those for the wife to try and get her to wear a helmet. Amazingly light although dont care for gold accents. Bought at the PADDOCK in BKK for 400 us back when they first came out. Now all the big names make them for a decent price!

Edited by wrathfultalon

Had a dual bulb installed to the front to overcome the single light on, fed up of people telling me a bulb was out, I never understand y they do this to some bikes, it can't be as not to drain the battery, the honda click and many others work well with dual head lights

post-64189-1225195321_thumb.jpg

Also replaced the front and rear indicators, the front have now been cut in (taken from a honda Icon), and rear have been replaced with LEDs

post-64189-1225195120_thumb.jpg

Had a dual bulb installed to the front to overcome the single light on, fed up of people telling me a bulb was out, I never understand y they do this to some bikes, it can't be as not to drain the battery, the honda click and many others work well with dual head lights

post-64189-1225195321_thumb.jpg

Also replaced the front and rear indicators, the front have now been cut in (taken from a honda Icon), and rear have been replaced with LEDs

post-64189-1225195120_thumb.jpg

Like the front indicators, not too wild about the rear. There's really no reason to have both headlamps running at the same time, when they design the system to only use one for low beam they make sure that the reflectors and alignment provides adequate coverage no matter whether or not you have it in dimmed lights. So by bypassing the system, you're messing up your coverage, and did you re-wire the high beam or was it simply a matter of dropping a dual element bulb in?

Good idea Allan,

Dave, Tony and anyone else want to go for a tire/tyre upgrade for discounted price on Bridgestone BT090 140/110, Think you can get them in 150 as well, the absolute max for the Ninja is 150 rear and 120 front, I go for the 140/110 to retain the nibleness of the bike. The BT090 has good lifetime on the road, and are sticky enough for people in US to use them on racetracks on the Ninja's.

Let's get a list of people so we can get a good discount.

Bard 140/110 BT090

Allan ??????? BT090

Who else?

How are you Bard? Still slaving away at work and dreaming of riding your Ninjette? :o

I'll be interested in upgrading my tires once I've worn out the IRCs, which at the rate I'm going, shouldn't take too much longer.

I've already put over 4000Km on the baby Ninja and may rack up another thousand or so this weekend if the weather and spouse cooperate :D

I've always been a fan of Bridgestone Battleax though I must say that the stock IRC tires on the little Ninja have done a god job so far- you just have to make sure they're warmed up before any hard cornering. :D

I'll be interested in the 140/110 BT090 once I've worn out the IRCs

Give a shout when you return to the LOS Bard- we need to hook up and RIDE! :D

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Hi Tony,

Yes still toiling offshore over here in Angola, will be home the 3rd but my company requires me back out offshore the 6th so that is a short leave, then they now estimate me to be home the 24th until the 5th of December when I leave to Angola again. So we need to jam in something during the time off if you're home, I found a neat trip I am really keen on straight through one of the national reserves to a rather unknown waterfall. When I get home I will plan the trip on the Garmin thingy and send it over to you. Will meet up with the GT-Riders in Pattaya also for a trip when I'm home. As it seems now it looks pretty crap for the iron butt :D so we'll see how that goes. I miss the dyno trip so I'm devastated as is...

Yes, longing for my Ninjette, called my wife here the other day and told her I missed her, she replied me or the bike unfortunately I waited to long to answer so she was upset... But she finally got over it :o

The BT-090 is a must have and I think Dave wants a pair as well, so that makes 3 of us, Allan is on top of it and there were around 3 month before they are available which would suit fine for everyone I would assume. The IRC are not that bad when they're warmed up, but drive hard in a curve with wet road and you slide very nastily on them, now it's not a biggie if you can control it what worries me is when I see dry tarmac right after... don't like highsides... And it is no good if you haven't tried it out properly first, my recommendation is to run them gradually faster in different conditions to get the feel for them. The BT-090 sticks like glue from what I read and heard from the users even on wet, so it will be a good upgrade for a great bike.

PM me your mobile and I'll call you when I get back home, might be able to meet up in Bangkok on my way to Song Klah.

Enjoy your bike, man I envy you being able to enjoy the bike so much 4000 km that is pretty good mileage on it so far..

Happy riding everyone :D

Bard what credentials do you need to work on the rigs. are there any jobs available where you don't need experience. i know its probably a silly question but thought i would ask.

also on a side note i'm talking to the Michelin rep about tyres for the cbr150(100/80/17 front and 110/80/17 rear pilot sporty) great tyres for the 150 currently running them but with a 130 rear which is to big. but unfortantly the smallest decent rear( pilot power etc) for the ninja is 150/70/17

Allan

Hi Dave,

What model IRCs came with your CBR?

The Thai Ninja 250R comes with Road Winner RX-01's (The US Ninja 250R comes with Dunlops)

How about the CBR150?

main_01.jpg

main_02.gif

NR73s are original equipment on the HONDA CBR 125/150.

image01.jpg

hr-tan.gif

NR-73 : REAR

ttl_01.gifttl_02.gifttl_03.gifttl_04.gifttl_05.gifttl_06.gif

100/80-17 M/C 52PSTL59496MT2.50MT2.1580/90-17 M/C 44PSTL57779MT1.85MT1.85

Sucky sucky.

Edited by dave_boo

Ah- indeed, that NR-73 looks rather weak... Fortunately the rubber on your Ninja 250R is much better quality. This is what the IRC Road Winner RX-01 looks like:

IRCRoadWinnerRX01.jpg

Pretty good reviews too- Not the best tires out there but you might want to give them a try before you upgrade.

Happy Trails!

Ah- indeed, that NR-73 looks rather weak... Fortunately the rubber on your Ninja 250R is much better quality. This is what the IRC Road Winner RX-01 looks like:

IRCRoadWinnerRX01.jpg

Pretty good reviews too- Not the best tires out there but you might want to give them a try before you upgrade.

Happy Trails!

I guess this is one of my neuroses; I'm fairly insistent on replacing IRC tyres.

for the cbr150 i defo favour the michelin pilot sporty. the overall improvement in braking , handling and also being able to handle the cracks(that should be sealed but arn't in the road). i really dont know how the Thai teenagers ride with the super skinny tyres. when i had my wave i nearly fell off cos the wheel went into a crack.

and i would defo want a larger rear on the ninja

Allan

Dotcom i'm waiting for the Michelin sales rep to get back to me. I'm thinking of trying to sort out a group buy to ensure we can get them and at a good price. my normal tyre guy says not in Thailand and the rep mentioned export. so i think i might have to get a few sets.

these tyres are bloody great for the CBR150 lots of control and grip. I have been running these for about 4months and 5 thousand km's but my rear is a 130 so its to big the 110 will be perfect i think.

will let you all know when i know.

Allan

bigbike why would you buy tyres made in Thailand from ebay. then have to pay the shipping.smaller items or things you cant get in thailand then ok ebay rocks but other than that!

Allan

Cheers Allan,

It was just an off the cuff reply to a stupid question, that's all :D I didn't even know Michelins are made in Thailand! :o

Bard what credentials do you need to work on the rigs. are there any jobs available where you don't need experience. i know its probably a silly question but thought i would ask.

also on a side note i'm talking to the Michelin rep about tyres for the cbr150(100/80/17 front and 110/80/17 rear pilot sporty) great tyres for the 150 currently running them but with a 130 rear which is to big. but unfortantly the smallest decent rear( pilot power etc) for the ninja is 150/70/17

Allan

Hi Allan,

We can do the rig stuff offline, sorry to say but I will leave tomorrow for the next project so I had less than 2 days home, wife is not happy... Probably home again the 24 - 25th for around 2 weeks then bloody Africa again.

I will research the Pilot Sporty, need to check the rim chart if the 150's go in the Ninja rims, could very well be.

Cheers Bard

Hi Allan,

We can do the rig stuff offline, sorry to say but I will leave tomorrow for the next project so I had less than 2 days home, wife is not happy... Probably home again the 24 - 25th for around 2 weeks then bloody Africa again.

I will research the Pilot Sporty, need to check the rim chart if the 150's go in the Ninja rims, could very well be.

Cheers Bard

FWIW, from what I've seen, it appears that you're looking a maximum of 120 (2.75" rim) out front and 140 (3.50" rim) on the rear unless you're looking to get rid of your chain guard.

Also, it looks like Kawasaki UK is offering quite a few tasty little pieces to spice up your Ninja.

Exactly two weeks til I get to ride my Ninja for the first time; I'm praying to each and every diety that the wife understood that she was not to put any gas in my bike, or if she did make sure it's not Gasohol. I may end up having to drain the tank to be sure.

I jet about way to much for sure...

The 3.5 rim can take 150's without modding the chain guard, as you can find at kawiforums, some 150's accept 3.5 and actually recommend it. But I believe the best you can get is the 140 BT 090 rear, and stick to 110 BT 090 front. With some patience that is what I will go for.

Cheers Bard