Russian Killed In Early Morning Motorbike Crash On Pattaya Beach Road

Pattaya_Fox

Russian killed in early morning motorbike crash on Pattaya Beach Road.

Sawang Boriboon Rescue Workers and Police were called to the front of Soi Pattayaland 2 at the South end of Pattaya Beach Road just before dawn on Tuesday to deal with a fatal road accident involving a foreigner. At the scene, Police inspected the body of Mr. Andrey Kartunov aged 31 from Russia who had died following a single vehicle accident. Eye witnesses mentioned that he approached the area at a high rate of speed and lost control of his high powered Yamaha Motorbike. The victim was not wearing a safety helmet and collided with a street pylon. His body was sent to the local morgue and the Russian Embassy in Bangkok have been informed of the accident and are conducting their own investigation into the death.

post-15964-1200481232_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1200481254_thumb.jpg

Pattaya city News

Wednesday 16th January 2008

RIP and condolences to friends and family. It would appear that he bought the amulet mumbo jumbo and thought he was immortal. The saving grace of the incident is that he didn't take out an innocent bystander or other road user.

When will the authorities get the message : These high power motor bikes have absolutely no place on the roads of Thailand and in particular Pattaya. Their place is on the Moto GP racetrack in the hands of experienced riders not holiday makers.

No RIP or condolences to the friends and family of idiots like this driver. Like I always say, evolution is speeded up 2-3 times normal in Thailand (maybe 4-5x in Pattaya) and the weak and weak thinking are quickly weeded out of the the gene pool and precluded from reproducing :o The only saving grace of the story is as others have pointed out he didn't take anyone else with him.

Edited by jonniebkk

• 2 weeks later...
Russian killed in early morning motorbike crash on Pattaya Beach Road.

Sawang Boriboon Rescue Workers and Police were called to the front of Soi Pattayaland 2 at the South end of Pattaya Beach Road just before dawn on Tuesday to deal with a fatal road accident involving a foreigner. At the scene, Police inspected the body of Mr. Andrey Kartunov aged 31 from Russia who had died following a single vehicle accident. Eye witnesses mentioned that he approached the area at a high rate of speed and lost control of his high powered Yamaha Motorbike. The victim was not wearing a safety helmet and collided with a street pylon. His body was sent to the local morgue and the Russian Embassy in Bangkok have been informed of the accident and are conducting their own investigation into the death.

post-15964-1200481232_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1200481254_thumb.jpg

Pattaya city News

Wednesday 16th January 2008

Here's what usually happens ..... young macho guy arrives in Pattaya, rents a superbike (never having ridden one) then starts to cruise the bars, to impress the girls< (which it does NOT) ... so a beer here and a beer there and before you know where you are it is 2 am and he is a pissed as a rat!!! Some are lucky and live to tell the tale, others like this guy have a forceful meeting at high speed with a very hard object!!!!!

Here's what usually happens ..... young macho guy arrives in Pattaya, rents a superbike (never having ridden one) then starts to cruise the bars, to impress the girls< (which it does NOT) ... so a beer here and a beer there and before you know where you are it is 2 am and he is a pissed as a rat!!!

You forgot the part about the inverse correlation between the bike's engine cc's and the size of his member :o

They really shouldn't be renting these race bikes to tourists. That's exactly what

they do, go screaming down beach road or down second weaving in and out of

traffic while intoxicated. No driver's licenses, no insurance (that I know of). :o

Renting a superbike would be a dream come true for many young tourists. In many countries you have to get a licence for an under 250cc machine first and then wait 6 months or a year before you're allowed to ride a bigger machine - after you've had some experience.

Good chap was carrying his driving license. It's a pity that it didn't include ANY motorcycle endorsements!

And he didn't even get a chance to see the front "nacelle" of your BIG TRUCK. :o

Edited by tropo

Condolences to his friends and family.....not a nice way to go.

I do ride and hold a Uk Superbike license. Every now and then I take a rental machine out, but when I do, I take it out to Rayong on the open roads and away from the city.

It's about time they clamped down on who they rent these machines to, because they are way too powerful for most people to handle. Lets be honest here, I see a lot of people struggling on the little 125 bikes!

Far too many people are killing themselves on these superbikes....and sooner or later some innocent bystander will catch it up!

Desertcam

No RIP or condolences to the friends and family of idiots like this driver. Like I always say, evolution is speeded up 2-3 times normal in Thailand (maybe 4-5x in Pattaya) and the weak and weak thinking are quickly weeded out of the the gene pool and precluded from reproducing :o The only saving grace of the story is as others have pointed out he didn't take anyone else with him.

Im with Jonnie on this one, case of som nam na me thinks

No RIP or condolences to the friends and family of idiots like this driver. Like I always say, evolution is speeded up 2-3 times normal in Thailand (maybe 4-5x in Pattaya) and the weak and weak thinking are quickly weeded out of the the gene pool and precluded from reproducing :D The only saving grace of the story is as others have pointed out he didn't take anyone else with him.

he didn't hurt anybody else than himself that's why "de mortuis nihil nisi bene" should apply. why there should be no condolences to family and friends is a mystery to me :o

No RIP or condolences to the friends and family of idiots like this driver. Like I always say, evolution is speeded up 2-3 times normal in Thailand (maybe 4-5x in Pattaya) and the weak and weak thinking are quickly weeded out of the the gene pool and precluded from reproducing :D The only saving grace of the story is as others have pointed out he didn't take anyone else with him.

he didn't hurt anybody else than himself that's why "de mortuis nihil nisi bene" should apply. why there should be no condolences to family and friends is a mystery to me :o

'cos we is all well hard fookers with a mam that slapped us whenever she got slapped by our dad and.... and... having friends is for softies anyways.