Serviced Apartment Chiang Mai Help

greasymouse

Hi,

I'm struggling to find a serviced apartment in CM. i'm already here but the construction noise outside my room is dreadful and I need to find somewhere else quickly.there seems to be very little online,other than the same couple of places that keep coming up.

Budget 10 - 15 k per month and I need internet (who doesn't these days)----- I wonder if you can offer a few names............

Hi,

I'm struggling to find a serviced apartment in CM. i'm already here but the construction noise outside my room is dreadful and I need to find somewhere else quickly.there seems to be very little online,other than the same couple of places that keep coming up.

Budget 10 - 15 k per month and I need internet (who doesn't these days)----- I wonder if you can offer a few names............

You may want to check out Viangbua Mansions on Viangbua Road , right off of Chang Puek Road ...I stayed there for 2 years ...Great place...good service, good apartments, WiFi Internet, very central and close to many Banks and right behind the Market .....They have a web site http://www.viangbuamansion-chiangmai.com so you can check it out but I suggest you go there and negotiate your rate....

Tel 053 411202...

Annabel

I agree, it's an excellent place, I'm living there right now. Unfortunately, there is long term construction work next door that started 2 days ago and will be continuing for months. The noise is unbearable (I work here in the room) and the staff here are unwilling to locate me to the other side of the building where it is quieter. So, time to move on before I go mad.

We stayed at Viangbua for a month in late 2006 and loved it. We plan to retire to CM later this year and thought we'd return to Viangbua, at least initially. Sorry to learn of your problem. Is the construction within the hotel or on property next door? Which side of the building is the worst? What times of day are the worst? Maybe we need to think about moving elsewhere.

Mrs. RogerL

If you have a bike, then take a look at Greenhill Place - up Huay Kaew Rd, left at the Amari and left again 50 metres along the Superhighway, behind the Viengping building. Prices are running 10 - 30K per month and utilities and internet are reasonably priced. They wont do lets for less than three months but the building is new and there's no construction anywhere near although if the airport gets any busier anywhere round here (including those pricey new apartment buildings on Nimmenheiman) is going to be less than peaceful.

You really need to have transport to enjoy living here.

The speed is 512 although I requested a faster connection and got one. They changed providers recently and they port blocking is diabolical. They firewall they are using keeps dropping the connection altogether and large downloads are near impossible. If it was free internet, I would have no complaints but it's 500 Baht per month to use it.

Regarding the noise, it's died down in the last couple of days but the construction is ongoing... avoid the city view rooms if you don't want a headache.

Hi,

Hello,

Just want to let you know that I have a condo for rent. Here is the ad that I just posted in citylife and thaivisa.

If you’re looking for a clean luxurious condo in a very quiet green area but still want to be close to the centre of Chiang Mai, then you’ll find it here!

Very clean and quiet luxurious L-shaped condo (53 sq.m. corner unit on 3rd flr) with bay windows facing west and north that allow for pleasant cross-ventilation (reduces need for air con considerably); a nice balcony facing Doi Suthep; fully furnished with modern quality furniture, queen-size bed; modern European kitchen with microwave, induction stove and refrigerator; bathroom (shower, toilet, sink); air conditioning, cable TV, phone, in bldg with underground parking and 24hr security at the end of a cul-de-sac in a very quiet and green area off Huay Kaew Rd, between CMU and Irrigation Canal Rd, close to Nimmanhaemin Rd. Immediately available (absolutely no traffic near bldg). . Rent Bht12,000/month short-term, Bht 11,000 long-term

See photo’s at following site: http://picasaweb.google.com/condocnx/Condo3