Trekking Companies

ricklev

A friend of mine in his sixties is coming to visit Chiang Mai and would like to do an organized 2-3 day trek. He's in good shape, so the trek shouldn't be a problem and I don't think the sleeping on mats in the villages will be a problem. However, I'm guessing he would prefer not to spend several hours sitting on a bench jammed into the back of a pick-up truck on the trip to and from the trekking site.

Anybody know of a company that is slightly more upscale than the backpacker oriented ones, but still not a Four Seasons Resort type of experience/expense.

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

A friend of mine in his sixties is coming to visit Chiang Mai and would like to do an organized 2-3 day trek. He's in good shape, so the trek shouldn't be a problem and I don't think the sleeping on mats in the villages will be a problem. However, I'm guessing he would prefer not to spend several hours sitting on a bench jammed into the back of a pick-up truck on the trip to and from the trekking site.

Anybody know of a company that is slightly more upscale than the backpacker oriented ones, but still not a Four Seasons Resort type of experience/expense.

These guys might be able to help you:

http://www.geckotravel.com/

JxP

Wherever you go for a trek I think you're going to have to sit in a vehicle for at least an hour, any less than that & my guess is it's too close to civilization so not terribly "authentic."

But why not hire a vehicle & drive out to Soppong & trek from there.

Two places for nice accommodation & treks in Soppong are

1. Soppong River Inn and

2. Little Eden

Perfect spots in a traditional, relatively unspoilt area & good for day or overnight treks.