Cm Veterans Of Foreign Wars Update

Dustoff

For you few members and soon-to-be-members who were out of town and missed it:

I think it is safe to report, while we await the official release from the powers that be, that the installation ceremony of our Chiang Mai VFW Post on the morning of the 17th at the Grandview Hotel was an auspicious occasion to say the least!

U.S. Consul General Michael K. Morrow was in attendance to help celebrate/bless the event and among the 70-plus people there were our District and Regional Commanders, members of the Pattaya, Bangkok and Udon Posts and many of the Regional VFW staff. Also present were photographers from City Life magazine and Chiang Mai Mail so look forward to reports of this event in their publications soon.

A surprise, at least to me was the very impressive number of vet's wives at the event. It does stand to reason however since the primary benefit of this altruistic and non-profit organization is to the (especially foreign) wives and children of America's Military Veteran expats.

The buffet was a delight, the camaraderie so thick you could taste it and coming very soon to our Chiang Mai VFW website will be the full details and photos to delight one and all.

For further information, please PM me or check out the links in the pinned post at the top of these Chiang Mai forums.

WE ARE A POST! And proud of it...

Thanks so much for the pun and support ThaiPauly and richard_KLF2!

While membership is restricted to those who served in combats zones, no American military veteran or their family is ever turned away from assistance when in need nor are meetings or participation in our community service efforts closed to any veteran of military service.

We are about opening doors, not closing them.

You are welcome to come and get to know us...

.....the installation ceremony of our Chiang Mai VFW Post on the morning of the 17th at the Grandview Hotel .......... surprise, at least to me was the very impressive number of vet's wives at the event. ....

My wife and a friend's wife went hoping just to meet the other wives. Having been a military wife longer than anything else, and a Thai miliatry dependent before that, she knew that the wives would have much in common (beside Farang husbands) despite any age differences or home town. She/they thoroughly enjoyed the morning and made plans to meet with other wives later on. I think the installation was a success from both the husbands' and wives' viewpoints.