The Whale Park -mae Rim?

davidgtr

Well I thought I knew most places out in the Mae Sa Valley, but whilst enjoying a one hour wait & a couple of hot cappuccinos at the Black Canyon in Mae Kachan waiting for a mate to turn up on his bike I flicked through a Thai magazine & came across an advert for the Mae Rim Whale Park???

What the hel_l's that I thought - never heard of it or seen it. Has anyone ever been there or got any experience of the place?

They have an easy to find website if you do a search & even have a photo "Gellary."

But how did they arrive at that name, "the Whale Park"?

I've never heard of it either, David, and I was up there a couple of weeks ago..? Could be they chose the name in Thai, and that is how it came out in translation..? Or maybe it's a resort designed for those of more generous proportions..??

We go there all the time. (Except cold season). I'm sad to know that our of our secret places is now public.

They have a great pool as well as a kiddie's pool. A bonus is that there's a restaurant attached to the pool. Some of the staff speak good English so ask them -they do have a large statue and sign of a whale onsite though.

It's located on a small soi just before Green Valley Golf for those interested.

No idea about how they got the name but I have stayed in their bungalows overlooking the lake on several occasions when I have been up in Mae Rim. Very nice and clean, friendly staff and the food is not bad although the restaurant closes early. I can recommend it if you need somewhere to put people up for a couple of nights.