Mini Storage Facility

Rasseru

I am looking for a mini- or self-storage facility in Chiangmai, the kind of place you can store household effects that you do not have enough room for in your house or apartment. Anyone know of such? If there is an existing thread on this subject that I was simply unable to find, I'd be happy to have that pointed out.

Others have enquired about this , but unfortunatley -no results.

Would you consider a 16 sq metre room? Only they are building some accomodation rooms next to our restaurant on the first ring road near the airport.

From what I was told the other night the price will be around 1,500 baht a month. Don't know if you would consider that cheap or expensive, really depends on how much and how valuable the stuff you want to store is I suppose.

They are about 3 months away from completion I reckon.

Would you consider a 16 sq metre room? . . . . .

From what I was told the other night the price will be around 1,500 baht a month. Don't know if you would consider that cheap or expensive . . . . .

Cheers for the tip, TP, and yes, I would consider a space like that. It's a bit more expensive than what I had in mind, but in the range of the possible. I do not yet need the space, though, and don't know now if or when I will, so my interest is just preliminary at this point. It's tied to the possibility of buying a place to live that would be too small for all the stuff we have. If things move forward in that direction, I will get in touch with you again, off-line.

I made the last post on this to no avail. My best advice: open a storage facility! It seems largely unheard of here, but who wants to re-purchase their entire home each visit?

Secondarily, Flora House, in Chang Kien, has graciously agreed to store our household items for 200 bht. a month. Mind you, we pack up tomorrow and this may change depending on our amount! Unforatunately, all their info is in Thai on their card, but they're kittycorner the Lanna Muay Thai boxing centre, which most drivers can get you to.