Wifi At Emporium Shopping Centre?

simon43

Does anyone know if The Emporium Shopping Centre on Sukhumvit (BKK) has a wi-fi facility?

I'm interested because my GF is opening a small cafe situated right next to this shopping centre. I'm thinking that if we could install a wi-fi facility whose coverage included The Emporium, then this could be a useful marketing tool (we can include promotion of our cafe etc on the log-in pages etc).

If there is no wi-fi at The Emporium, then what is the law in Thailand about installing wi-fi hot-spots? (Are there any rules? :o )

I'm a techie guy, so happy about the actual installation etc, but I don't wan't to break any rules....

Cheers

Simon

(Posted in BKK forum also)

There are at least four or five wireless networks operating within the Emporium and a couple across the road, but as far as I'm aware none of them are open access (ie. free). You can use the Starbucks one if you buy a card with a few hours on it.

You won't be able to irradiate the happy consumers within the Emporium through the wall with off-the-shelf WIFI gear (too big and too many walls), you'd have to do a deal with them and set up a number of points throughout it inside.

If you do set up a hotspot somewhere let me know, I maintain a list on my website. And I'll even turn up occasionally and buy coffee :o