Senior Member Discount

bunta71

A little bored tonight so figured this may liven up things..maybe not...I just yesterday did my 100th post here on the TV forum and became a "senior member" and instantly old.I do respectfully realize that compared to some of you with a million posts that 100 is nothing...but! Heres my question: Has anyone in the old days considered a senior TV member discount card at any of the establishments owned by the members or advertisers? Something reasonable in the 10-50% range would be appropriate.Also with an honorary mention somehow directing people to the charitable contributions of the business owners? Haven't been laughed at since the wife went to bed. :o

Edited by bunta71

A little bored tonight so figured this may liven up things..maybe not...I just yesterday did my 100th post here on the TV forum and became a "senior member" and instantly old.I do respectfully realize that compared to some of you with a million posts that 100 is nothing...but! Heres my question: Has anyone in the old days considered a senior TV member discount card at any of the establishments owned by the members or advertisers? Something reasonable in the 10-5-% range would be appropriate.Also with an honorary mention somehow directing people to the charitable contributions of the business owners? Haven't been laughed at since the wife went to bed. :o

I am pretty sure Tuskers did one..

They may still do them..

Milton ??

Tuskers had a 10% discount card available to anyone who is a ThaiVisa poster.

I'm not sure if it is still being offered.

I don't believe there was any minimum post count criteria....

Click on their ad at the top of the page for more info.

DISCOUNT !!!

IS such a powerful but yet .. silly words sometime to see

so what is being discounted .. The service you asking for ?

or the standard of service ?

so if you go into a shop and ask for 50 % discount and when your dishes come you have half a fish you order .. is that consider a discount ?

selling you something that last only 6 month instead of it supposing 2 year service life span would that be consider a 75% discount ?

how ironic

maybe you get a discount . and instead of living to 90 you can finsih up at 45 :o

imagine the amount of money you would save

I'm pretty sure that Thai Airways offers a 5% discount to people aged 65 or more - I'm a long long way from this so nothing in it for me at the moment :D

Robinson department store has a 5% discount - well at least my wife does nd it only encourages her :D

The Olde Bell offers a Gold Card with a 10% discount - details on the toilet wall :o

The Hungry Horse (formerly The Club House) also had a 10% discount card but they have closed so the card is only a collectors item - offers please!

Any more discounts out there?

Blinky Bill and his cohort Ta22 were both correct! I went to the Suan Prung hospital this morning and was offered 110 Volts instead of the more powerful 220/240V, but only 5% discount and seems it should have been 50 % They did say walk-ins are welcome though Blinky