If You Could Have Any Row Motorcycle In Thailand, What Would It Be?

submaniac

Now don't get me wrong, I love my Monster but the Ducati 848 Superbike in pearl white is just supreme. All 135 hp of it.

848_2.jpg

<deleted> it ! I think I'll trade in for it.

And I did. Arrived today.

"Say hello to my little fren'". :o

848_house.jpg

Edited by RusticCharm

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get a good price chopping the monster back in ???

Have a hankering for one (monster) myself.

Yeah, pretty good. I was a little surprised actually as I had ridden it pretty hard.

If you go for a Monster, get the liquid-cooled '07/'08 S4R as the 2009 Monsters have undergone a severe redesign that I'm not really fond of.

:o OMG!! Drool. Here I was happy because I just picked up a Honda CBR1000RR...and now you've just whooped me.
Nah, the Honda CBR1000RR is an amazing bike. 
Personally I dont feel we have the roads for it (then again phukets roads are a congested mess).. But if I could have a stable of bikes why the hel_l not..

Jealous !!

You do have a point about the roads but once out of Bangkok, I've found the highways to be fairly decent. Edited by RusticCharm

RC: Now don't get me wrong, I love my Monster but the Ducati 848 Superbike in pearl white is just supreme. All 135 hp of it.

Ducati didn't have to sell it to ya, ya sold yourself! :o

How sweet it is. You couldn't find anything sweeter in a Victoria Secrets catalog!

If you go for a Monster, get the liquid-cooled '07/'08 S4R as the 2009 Monsters have undergone a severe redesign that I'm not really fond of.

It seems my latent cheapness hasnt seeped through my posts fully yet :D !!

Think lower.. Much lower :o

:o OMG!! Drool. Here I was happy because I just picked up a Honda CBR1000RR...and now you've just whooped me.
Though saying that, the Honda CBR1000RR just got it's ass roundly 'whooped' by the Ducati 1098 in the Superbike Championship.  :D
Ducati didn't have to sell it to ya, ya sold yourself! :D
Yeah, too true!
It seems my latent cheapness hasnt seeped through my posts fully yet :D !!

Think lower.. Much lower :D

Take a look at this- http://www.ducatisti.co.th/preowned.aspx

No Monsters but there's a 996 with Termis.

These jiggers are pretty dam_n good from what I hear. It's hard to ignore the effort Honda make with it's development.

post-63954-1226058358_thumb.jpg

Monkey see monkey do. I see they've gone with the butt ugly can. I predict this trend won't last long. Jeez that Blackbird yest was LOUD!!!!!

Should I get whatever I wanted it would be a mint new BMW R 1200 GS Adventure and keep my Ninja for nimble local fun riding, would be my combo. Why Beemer? Well I like them, don't care where there built only that they're built very well. Maybe do a world tour when my kid is finally done in school...

Well dream on I guess, lot's of years to go for my kid yet...

Though saying that, the Honda CBR1000RR just got it's ass roundly 'whooped' by the Ducati 1098 in the Superbike Championship.  :D

:D I suppose you're right...I will just have to console myself with the fact that a CBR1000RR has 150 more cc's, 2 more cylinders, and 43 horsepower on your Ducati. :D Of course, I would trade it in a heartbeat for the beautiful lines of your Duc. Just to let you know the CBR is what I just picked up in the states, and it is a 'bit' of a project. It's a 2006 CBR1000RR that I picked up at the police impound auction for $950 USD. Previously owner had crashed, and the front forks are tweeked. From the stearing head back, the bike is fine (including the frame). I am slowly rebuilding on the cheap.

Now don't get me wrong, I love my Monster but the Ducati 848 Superbike in pearl white is just supreme. All 135 hp of it.

848_2.jpg

<deleted> it ! I think I'll trade in for it.

And I did. Arrived today.

"Say hello to my little fren'". :D

848_house.jpg

That's truly lovely. I don't mean to be rude, but how much was that?

Oh, I can part exchange one wife and one daughter (which I guess would be a joke any place else) :o

Edited by MJP

:D I suppose you're right...I will just have to console myself with the fact that a CBR1000RR has 150 more cc's, 2 more cylinders, and 43 horsepower on your Ducati. :D
Okay okay. Yours is bigger than mine.  :o

:D I would still take your Ducati over a CBR in a heartbeat!

2006 CBR 1000 RR

Pretty bad ass. Not bad for $950. SCORE!!!!!

Well I am quite happy with it. I was going to wait until I got more work done on it before I posted any pictures. But this is what it looks like in its present pitiful state. Previous owner took it down on its left side. Unfortunately the left side is where the fuse box is and most of the main wiring harness. The bike is actually fine from the steering head back (no frame damage), and came with a clean title. I am waiting for the new wiring harness to arrive ($40 off of Ebay) and I just got replacement forks on Friday. I have (or its in the mail) all the parts to make it run and ride. Seriously, I think the bike had less than 1,000 miles before it went down. There was no carbon buildup in the tailpipe, and no dirt or other crud under the rear hugger. The previous owner last registered it in August 2007...and I had to pay $400 in back registration to change over the title!

post-50124-1226301572_thumb.jpg

2006 CBR 1000 RR

Pretty bad ass. Not bad for $950. SCORE!!!!!

Well I am quite happy with it. I was going to wait until I got more work done on it before I posted any pictures. But this is what it looks like in its present pitiful state. Previous owner took it down on its left side. Unfortunately the left side is where the fuse box is and most of the main wiring harness. The bike is actually fine from the steering head back (no frame damage), and came with a clean title. I am waiting for the new wiring harness to arrive ($40 off of Ebay) and I just got replacement forks on Friday. I have (or its in the mail) all the parts to make it run and ride. Seriously, I think the bike had less than 1,000 miles before it went down. There was no carbon buildup in the tailpipe, and no dirt or other crud under the rear hugger. The previous owner last registered it in August 2007...and I had to pay $400 in back registration to change over the title!

That is still a smoking deal. I am always amazed at some of the deals that are out there!