One Season Wonders

EastSaxCol

As it seems West Ham have been getting a lot of mentions how about this one,

Samassi Abou

I remeber he had a pretty good season, and then virtually disappeared.

I don't remember this name. The only thing that I remember about West Ham was a couple of their players fooling around with each other when a wife walked in and stabbed one of them. (Stabbed the bloke 'stabbing' her husband)

One of my very favourite football stories.

Morley rings a bell for some reason...

Yeah, and that speaks volumes about Abou. He was a pretty decent player though, but only really had one season at West Ham before heading to Ipswich and a few other clubs.

I'm an Ipswich fan, and now you mention it the name does ring a bell. Vaguely.

The fact that he played for WH and the Super Blues without note suggests you spotted a good one Mr Toad.

:o Yeah, don't think he did much the; he ended up at Walsall, and I believe he a brief spell in the conference before skipping back to France.

I heard he got stabbed 42 times :D , and still played football.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean Trevor Morley?

I can't say what he was like at West Ham , but when he dropped down to The Championship and played for Reading he was a God :D

Some other "One Season Wonders"

Our very own Leroy Litta, who had a great season last year and an impressive Under 21 campaign in the summer. Many thought he was on the verge of an England call up.

Then he injured himself whilst having some frantic bedroom fun, and now he is on loan at Charlton without a goal to his name this season.

Robert Fleck the former Scottish International and prominent Norwich and Chelsea player was absolute pants, he could not even cut it in the old third divison. :o

Ray Houghton, had a brilliant career at Liverpool but he was rubbish at Reading, as were Les Ferdinand, Martin Keown and Shaun Goater (who was a god at Man City so I was led to believe) :D

Talking of Ciy was'nt one Rodney Marsh rubbish there after his famous exploits at QPR? Never even managed to get into the England squad.

Do you mean Trevor Morley?

I can't say what he was like at West Ham , but when he dropped down to The Championship and played for Reading he was a God :D

Some other "One Season Wonders"

Our very own Leroy Litta, who had a great season last year and an impressive Under 21 campaign in the summer. Many thought he was on the verge of an England call up.

Then he injured himself whilst having some frantic bedroom fun, and now he is on loan at Charlton without a goal to his name this season.

Robert Fleck the former Scottish International and prominent Norwich and Chelsea player was absolute pants, he could not even cut it in the old third divison. :o

Ray Houghton, had a brilliant career at Liverpool but he was rubbish at Reading, as were Les Ferdinand, Martin Keown and Shaun Goater (who was a god at Man City so I was led to believe) :D

Talking of Ciy was'nt one Rodney Marsh rubbish there after his famous exploits at QPR? Never even managed to get into the England squad.

Trevor Morley was the classic grafting cult figure at West Ham U and was well liked for his 100 per cent, which he gave at every game. Not sure about the thing with Ian Bishop but with a surname like his it would be manna from heaven for a porky tabloid hack to put the story together. :D