How Much Higher Do Fuel Prices Have To Go

Why would you save only 150 baht on every fill-up?

Lets see....right now it cost me 1150 baht per to fill up. After LPG conversion, it should cost about 600 baht - a savings of 550 baht. I fill up 6 times per month...so that's 6 times 550 = 3300. In 10 months time I would have saved around 30,000 baht ( I hope).

Ski....

Because on your fill up of LPG you will only get half the mileage for half the price according to Clasewitz in post #3.

Maybe Clasewitz in misinformed regarding LPG and reduced mileage. According to several reports I've read and everyone I've talk to who had the LPG conversion done, there's little difference in mileage. If you install the newer, direct injection type system the mileage difference seems to be about 2-6%.

With LPG being A LOT cheaper than gasohol, I'll recoup my investment rather quicky.

Ski...

Maybe Clasewitz in misinformed regarding LPG and reduced mileage. According to several reports I've read and everyone I've talk to who had the LPG conversion done, there's little difference in mileage. If you install the newer, direct injection type system the mileage difference seems to be about 2-6%.

With LPG being A LOT cheaper than gasohol, I'll recoup my investment rather quicky.

Ski...

Jeezus. I have Lpg in my car, how much more well informed do you want. I save 5000baht /month on my bill. It does almost the same mileage at a third of the cost.

Ski...

Jeezus. I have Lpg in my car, how much more well informed do you want. I save 5000baht /month on my bill. It does almost the same mileage at a third of the cost.

But that doesn't tally with your previous statement

QUOTE (clausewitz @ 2008-03-21 13:24:01) post_snapback.gifDo what I did and install LPG.

500 baht gets me about 350km.

which works out at less than 7 kms a litre. What do you drive?

• 2 months later...
LOL! A vios full tank would only get you 400-500km, and less than that in city driving.

You obviously don't own a Vios?

Drove it out of the showroom and filled the tank with 36 litres of Gasohol 91 (it's a 42 litre tank).

680 kms later when the fuel guage indicated 1/8th remaining filled it up again, again 36 litres of petrol.

Do the math.

Even my 13 year old Corolla was getting 570kms on a full tank.

I own a Vios Turbo, and I can do 500 for 35 liter. I believe a non-turbo version can go 650km no problem. Cheers