Extra Songkran Holiday

hill16

Hi guys,

Is this extra holiday for those who work for a private company or is it for Govt. employees only? My boss fed me some line about there only being 13 Public / National holidays for which we had to close but I suspect that's untrue :o

Can anyone shed some light on this please as an extra day-off would certainly be most welcome?

Kind regards,

Hill16

Labour law gives 13 national holidays off per year. Most years there are around 16 days. At the beginning of the year our staff decides which 13 they want to choose. So it is not a line from your boss. It is the labour law. However, I am surprised your staff would not choose the 16th of April. The songkran holidays are always chosen by my lot.

Although we are in Pattaya, we allow the staff to choose their days off duringthe year - so they can work through the holidays days if they choose and then take their "extra" day later to suit their family/personal situation.

We were just discussing the wet week here - if it gets too bad we will just close the office for a few days.