Serbian Tourist Involved In Necklace Snatch On........

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: April 17th 2008

Serbian Tourist involved in necklace snatch on Pattaya Beach Road.

On Thursday Morning, Police were called to Pattaya Beach opposite Soi 13 after a Serbian Tourist had reported a necklace snatch. Police met with the victim, Mr. Nikola Vracaric aged 62 who explained that he was enjoying an early morning run when a Thai Man approached him and snatched an 18 karat gold necklace from around his neck.

There were plenty of witnesses to the crime and the suspected thief, Khun Sakorn aged 19, decided to swim out to sea to avoid capture. Police commissioned the use of Jet Ski’s and caught the man.

He was taken to Pattaya Police Station where he confessed to the theft because his Mother was pressurizing him to send money to her. He had none to send so decided to commit the theft so he could fulfill his mothers’ request. He is now behind bars awaiting a court appearance.

post-26634-1208439115_thumb.jpg

Even at 7-8am there are often still these "questionable" types of people loitering on the beach area. I've noticed

they rarely bother other Thais, but tourists out for exercise get harassed. For a couple weeks now hanging from

the smaller lamposts I've seen what looks like CCTV domes. I wonder if this in going to be the next measure? :o

Kun Sakorn was in for a big disappointment when he tried to sell the booty from this heist. 18 karat gold is hard to sell to legitimate dealers others will just laugh at him. Probably better he was caught, may be they will fit him with glasses while in the monkey house so he can see the difference between Thai gold and 18K.

I think many Thai parents must be so disappointed when thier newborn is male as its so much easier for a female to send the brass home in latter years!!!

Which may just account for some of them dressing their boys up in frocks and high heels.

Naka.