Furious Noise-sensitive Pattaya Teen Blows Biker Off..

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: May 1st 2008

FURIOUS NOISE-SENSITIVE PATTAYA TEEN BLOWS BIKER OFF HIS CHOPPER

A member of a gang of Pattaya teenagers in Thephrasit Road, Pattaya, just past midnight on May 1, 2008, became so infuriated by the noise of a passing chopper motorbike gang that he shot one of the bikers in the hip. The injured rider was rushed to Banglamung Hospital shortly after.

At around 00.20am, on May 1, Pattaya Superintendent, Pol.Col.Nopadol Wongnom, responding to a gunshot report, led a police team to investigate the incident at the junction of Thephrasit Road and Soi Dang Dum. Arriving at the scene, they found a pool of blood on the road with a gang of 15 choppers clustered around. The injured victim, Mr. Wanchana Normpreeda, (36), from Na-Jomtien, had already been taken to hospital for treatment.

The motorbike chopper gang told police that they were riding around Pattaya City after having a late night meal. While they were passing by the Thephrasit Road junction, a group of teenagers apparently became incensed by the excessive noise of the choppers. One of the teens had a gun with which he shot one of the chopper riders, injuring him in the hip. Police subsequently recorded the incident report and will search for the teenage shooter.

Whoa !

There but for the grace of (luck ?) go I !

That night a bunch of local Harley riders were having a birthday party for one of the guys. I would have been invited, but my buddy didn't realise that my number wasn't on his "friends" list, so when he sent out a message about the party, I didn't get it.

Not sure if anyone from that group was involved in the incident though. There are quite a few different groups (Motorcycle clubs) in Pattaya, and a surprisingly large number of choppers (which includes pretty much any large, Harley style motorbikes, like Honda Shadows).

I went to his bar instead, and he (with a couple others) showed up a couple hours later (before the shooting incident). Didn't hear anything from any of the guys last night about it, so maybe it was a different group. I know that quite a few of the guys I ride with have really, really loud bikes (loud enough to set off car alarms when driving by).

Might hear more today, as a large group of us are heading to Nakula as a "show of support" for a political rally.

Fat old men in leathers on loud bikes:huh: :D

grow up you old gits :D

Oh come on now. Not nice to talk about britmaveric like that ! :D

(besides, when you guys are dancing at Jenny's, I thought you wore leather as well ?) :o

So often when the police set-up a checkpoint, they seem to nab some of these young thugs

and they always have a half-loaded firearm or a pen-gun despite the gun laws restricting

ownership it's all such a joke. yaa-bah and teens and guns just don't mix well. :o

Fat old men in leathers on loud bikes:huh: :D

grow up you old gits :D

Next time you see that bunch of old gits....Fat old Men on Loud Bikes in Leather Jackets...tell them right in their faces...OK ? :o

LaoPo :D

Whoa !

There but for the grace of (luck ?) go I !

That night a bunch of local Harley riders were having a birthday party for one of the guys. I would have been invited, but my buddy didn't realise that my number wasn't on his "friends" list, so when he sent out a message about the party, I didn't get it.

Not sure if anyone from that group was involved in the incident though. There are quite a few different groups (Motorcycle clubs) in Pattaya, and a surprisingly large number of choppers (which includes pretty much any large, Harley style motorbikes, like Honda Shadows).

I went to his bar instead, and he (with a couple others) showed up a couple hours later (before the shooting incident). Didn't hear anything from any of the guys last night about it, so maybe it was a different group. I know that quite a few of the guys I ride with have really, really loud bikes (loud enough to set off car alarms when driving by).

Might hear more today, as a large group of us are heading to Nakula as a "show of support" for a political rally.

and the kid only shot one rider ? :o

I am curious to know how the police know that it was the 'loud noise' and not some other motive.

I tend to be sensitive to loud noises--I'm sure glad I don't have a gun.

I do hope the victim makes a full recovery. The population of the country would be pretty small if everyone who made noise got shot!