Can I Set Up A Uk Company & Trade In Thailand?

I would like to set up a golf travel company but I don't really like the idea of not having total control over my business so I was thinking about setting up a golf tour company in the UK and then a seperate company in Thailand to deal with the customers once they arrive in Thailand, this way I would have total control over the main business. Does anybody know if anybody uses this approach or any info on whether this is feasible

Many thanks in advance

Ruds

I would like to set up a golf travel company but I don't really like the idea of not having total control over my business so I was thinking about setting up a golf tour company in the UK and then a seperate company in Thailand to deal with the customers once they arrive in Thailand, this way I would have total control over the main business. Does anybody know if anybody uses this approach or any info on whether this is feasible

Many thanks in advance

Ruds

My advice is forget it ! Use an existing company in Thailand to service your clients for you and simply pay them a fee for doing it. You will save a fortune by doing so, as well as the headaches ! There are plenty of companies in Thailand who can help you.

So long as your marketing in the UK and collecting your funds there you have control. Opening a Thai company with your eyes closed, relying on Thai staff & Thai lawyers along with the Thai business restrictions (etc, etc) then you can wave goodbye to any sort of "control" you may wish for !!

Later on if you feel it will be beneficial for you to service the clients yourself, for example when your client base grows then you have the option to open a Thai company.

Note also that Tourism' is a specified entry {item 18} in Annex 3 "Business in which Thai nationals are not yet ready to compete with aliens" of the present Foreign Business Act {also translated as Alien Business Act} 1999. Therefore care has to be made in how such an operation is structured. I'd agree that using an existing operation to assist at an agreed fee would be an effective way forward.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

Heres a bit of contact info that might help you with a few insights into Thailands Golf Clubs...

My local is of course the Highlands (Bar and Lounge resort)and with a bit of luck will be holding up the said Bar sometimes....Next Week.....need a Jolli.... :o .

...bring as many as you can ..its .great place...&.good luck....

http://www.golforient.com/chiang-mai-cours...amp;-spa-resort