Fix A Printer

While I live nowhere near you my last printer was a Canon MP 130 which I had for a couple of years.

It wouldn't feed the paper and I was running out of ink cartridges and when I was in BKK I bought a Brother DPC 135C with bigger and cheaper cartridges for about 2100 baht.

I found in the end it was easier to do so than try to find a man to fix the old one.

The problem nowadays is that printers only seem to last a couple of years and the new ones are more advanced every year so after you have paid for about 3 sets of cartridges it is cheaper to buy a new printer.

I have a Canon IP 1880 with modified 100cc ink tanks I can refill for as low as 240 baht. It's working fine and you don't need to subdue to the printermakers price politic. But this printer work fine only if you use not less than twice a week, otherwise some problem with the printing head can happen.

Does anyone know anyone who can fix a dodgy colour printer in Tong Sala or anywhere on the island? It is driving us mad! Thanks

as mentioned Baan Computer is the only one who can help here. But printers are mostly a different kind then computers to repair.

if you need to buy a new color printer (just in case) I sow a new EPSON model at the Phantip Plaza 2 weeks ago and they have the ink tanks outside, to be refilled easely, clever construction!

I have strange problems with my Canon PIXMA MP500 and the power system, don't know who can help either, I guess the many power downs have damaged the system. So he starts and get off as "he" wishes to do, can't controll anymore directly, very strange too. Have to wait when he goe's online and then wait until he prints the file and sometime I'm lucky that he print at least for few minutes, befor closing down himself again, tztztz need probably a new one to

ham

if you need to buy a new color printer (just in case) I sow a new EPSON model at the Phantip Plaza 2 weeks ago and they have the ink tanks outside, to be refilled easely, clever construction!

ham

If anybody needs this kind of printer (with Canon Body) you can find ready to use for something more then 4000 baht in the refill-ink shop opposite Bandon Hospital on the Samui main road. They can give you assistance and warranty. I use it and if you print a lot is very, very cheap and the printing are of the same quality.

Edited by angiud

there is a Thai guys that has a little shop that repairs mostly TVs and DVD, etc but i've heard can repair anything electrical. he's next to Kled Kleow (sp?) seafood restraunt on the baan tai road, about 500m from the traffic light.