The Grumpiest Ex-pat In Bangkok

CarlBkk

Finally, be warned, if this does go to the press it could really back fire.

There's no real story in a grumpy old bloke.

There's a hel_l of a story in a mass of moronic, bored expats beating up on individuals that don't fit.

Jandajoy,

Please make good on your threat to alert the media, I'm sure they are chomping at the bit to get a story about someone planning on sitting down to breakfast.

Be warned???...are you joking??

Call em' up....let us know how that's going for you.

Mate, please tell me where I said or even implied that I had any interest or intention of going to the media?

The entire might of thaivisa against one grumpy old man. The grumpy old man doesn't even know he's in the contest and is still 2-0 up. Class!

Yep, the contest has only just begun though. Grumpy man is just too good at routine and being there early. Give it a few days and he might be surprised to find he has some likeminded brothers out there...

Trigger Happy TV in Thailand.

You know what's gonna happen now doncha? There is gonna be a rush on for THAT seat every morning as soon as they open the doors to Emporium at 10am. I can just picture the scene now as TV Members make a beeline for that stool! Hilarious! :D .

Could be the next meeting place for a 'Thai Visa Members' breakfast!!! :o

If laughter is the food of love :D Then he is going to love me. If that place allows members of the public in at that time then :D

Sure sounds like an ideal place for a THai visa breakfast :D

I read this topic and it is the funiest i read in a long long time. A shame that the picture of the GOM was taken of so I tried to make him unrecognisible . Just to show other members where to find the right stool to sit on. Next time i go to bkk I will be there .

btw. i just love that bracelet

Go to facebook, groups, we love thailand and it is the first picture on the front page.

I would just ask him politely to move his bags and sit next to him. Or sit on the bags!!!! His choice

Just made myself a member of facebook - clicked on groups, but can't find it :o Do I have to do anything else?

Guest Bellini

He seems to sit at some kind of counter or bar. Just one other stools aside from his, and he puts his shopping bags on it. About other stools being removed, does he really do that? The counter seems quite short and perhaps there is a total of only two stools. Can anybody confirm?

this thread is turning into a medieval witchunt , what was initally a light hearted wind up about an obnoxious customer in a coffee shop has become a childish feeding frenzy , with posters sinking to the same level as the protagonist , and despite protestations to the contrary , an angry confrontation and showdown will be the only conclusion.

thais will shake their heads in disbelief watching the equivalent of a bunch of bald men arguing over the possession of a comb.

grow up.

He is still on facebook. Sign in, click on groups on the left. Above, type in we love thailand. When the first page opens the first picture on the lhs in a pink shirt is gom. He is still there at 17.26pm thai time

please gentlemen , retain your dignity in this

are we assuming the pranksters have dignity to retain?

I should probably be comforted to hear all the posters are so well adjusted & adapted to normal behavior. They certainly can spot anyone with quirky personality traits. Congrats, I guess.

If grumpy guy is doing harm, then that's a drag. If there's no harm being done, then he's not much more than an oddball. Perhaps all the normal TV posters feel their normalcy is threatened by an oddball.

Eccentric personalities add spice to life. Probably your favorite comedians and talkshow hosts are eccentrics. I saw a video of Jack Nicholson with just a little towel wrapped around him - red-faced berating reporters who had tried talking to him when he was in a restroom. If you didn't know it was Jack, you would have thought he was an eccentric assh@le, but because you know it's Jack (everybody likes Nicholson), you see it in a whole different perspective.

Has anyone spoken to the oddball. He may be an interesting guy - with some cool stories to tell. ...or he may have some mental condition (OCD?) ....in that case, is ridicule called for?

ridicule starts young. I can recall vividly little kids ridiculing other little kids for their names, or if the shapes of their faces/bodies were not close to normal.

He is still on facebook. Sign in, click on groups on the left. Above, type in we love thailand. When the first page opens the first picture on the lhs in a pink shirt is gom. He is still there at 17.26pm thai time

No results for we love thailand.

and brahmburgers, get a life and wise up.

This guy deserves all he gets.

this thread is turning into a medieval witchunt , what was initally a light hearted wind up about an obnoxious customer in a coffee shop has become a childish feeding frenzy , with posters sinking to the same level as the protagonist , and despite protestations to the contrary , an angry confrontation and showdown will be the only conclusion.

thais will shake their heads in disbelief watching the equivalent of a bunch of bald men arguing over the possession of a comb.

grow up.

Sorry taxexile, have to disagree, it's only a bit of a laugh and hardly anyone turns up anyway (despite all the noise to the contrary.)

And he does sound like a bit of a <deleted>.

No results for we love thailand...

No problems for me. Follow the instructions precisely.

Being abusive to staff would constitute doing harm, and as such he is fair game.

Witnessing, as I have done on many occasions, the way farang employers treat Thai staff when they have become exasperated and denounce them as " bloody fools " and all " stupid", I am amused by the excuse you have cited for the mob action currently underway.

If it were valid, then I would have thought that the management of the Oriental would be the appropriate agency to deal and not TV's self appointed manners police.

The pettiness of the OP in his inability to deal personally with his public slight at the hands of the GOM is really quite breathtaking and more so, the willingness of the herd to assist in his vindictiveness.

I thought TV as a board had some kudos in Thailand but this thread perhaps suggests otherwise.

I believe puerile sums it up.

He seems to sit at some kind of counter or bar. Just one other stools aside from his, and he puts his shopping bags on it. About other stools being removed, does he really do that? The counter seems quite short and perhaps there is a total of only two stools. Can anybody confirm?

Thank you Bellini for the contact.

Have to agree with damocletian, its gone a bit far this witch-hunt, this thread should be deleted as there are posts that enable this guys image to be viewed.

If someone has a personal vendetta in LOS they could make up a story and get his picture linked on TV causing no end of embaressment for him/her.

At the end of the day this guy is rude he hasnt caused physical or financial touble to anyone.

Get a frigging life folks.

It reminds me of a guy, university lecturer we once harassed as he always sat in the same booth in the pub talking to himself. We would crowd in there, all 10 of us young punks, and give him a hard time - he stopped going to that pub and we found out a few weeks later he killed himself. Have some compassion for this guy and stop using him for your own perverse graification.

Finally, be warned, if this does go to the press it could really back fire.

There's no real story in a grumpy old bloke.

There's a hel_l of a story in a mass of moronic, bored expats beating up on individuals that don't fit.

Jandajoy,

Please make good on your threat to alert the media, I'm sure they are chomping at the bit to get a story about someone planning on sitting down to breakfast.

Be warned???...are you joking??

Call em' up....let us know how that's going for you.

i believe it was another member that said they had pointed out this thread to their friends in the press. sorry i cant be bothered to find the post.

as for those who believe i object to this thread because i condone the actions of the GOM, you are very wrong. in my opinion the GOM is irelavent here but for the fact that he is behing hunted (stalked) by a group of folks who even as a mob seem to fear confronting him directly.

this thread is strikingly similar to examples of internet harassment that is occuring in high schools all over the world, especially in the US.

I also agree that moderation here is very arbitrary. i pointed that out very early in the thread.

i am not emotionally invested in this either way, however i am surprised that people cannot see why this is wrong and suspect that the time invested here would be put to better use mastering the dreaded elastic and shaving difficulties bands that cause so many here grief.

that said, i am glad there is finally something of interest happening here, though i doubt it reflects well on any of us.