Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

PattayaParent

It's time to vent about "The Boardwalk" on Phala beach.

Never had a meal there and the wife (Thai) suggested the romantic location on the beach for a Valentine's night dinner with another couple. She said her friend said the food was good.

Arrived just after 7PM Sunday night Valentine's Day. Not too many people and most were Thai. Sat at a table for 4 and the wait staff was there to present the menus both drink and food. We ordered drinks and then the 2 ladies ordered their Thai food. Then came the shock when my friend and I tried to order our western style food. When requesting the pork steak dinner the man said "no have". When requesting the beef stroganoff, "no have", when requesting the sea bass dinner? You guessed it,,,,"no have". So my boiling point has now broke. I went ballistic and my wife of course got p/d at me. The man now admitted that the "chef" was not there so they could not cook most of the menu items. We did settle for their Angus beef burger.Apparently it takes no chef to cook a burger just patience. Several beers later and about 1 hour and 10 minutes the burgers finally arrived . Wife and her friend already finished their several dishes of food.

The manager was not there to complain to. My first meal at The Boardwalk was not pleasant to say the least. I will definitely say something to them on my next visit there but I am sure as this is Phala and Thailand I will get the usual excuses.

Vent finished

Had a very similar experience a few weeks ago.

The glass of wine my wife had didn't have enough in to drown a mozzie and was 150 baht. I had a GT and had eventually after throwing out all the ice that I specifically didn't ask for there was a mouthful left in the glass.

I will need to see a lot of positive posts over a long period before I go back.

Sad because it could be very nice considering good location and parking etc.

It's time to vent about "The Boardwalk" on Phala beach.

Never had a meal there and the wife (Thai) suggested the romantic location on the beach for a Valentine's night dinner with another couple. She said her friend said the food was good.

Arrived just after 7PM Sunday night Valentine's Day. Not too many people and most were Thai. Sat at a table for 4 and the wait staff was there to present the menus both drink and food. We ordered drinks and then the 2 ladies ordered their Thai food. Then came the shock when my friend and I tried to order our western style food. When requesting the pork steak dinner the man said "no have". When requesting the beef stroganoff, "no have", when requesting the sea bass dinner? You guessed it,,,,"no have". So my boiling point has now broke. I went ballistic and my wife of course got p/d at me. The man now admitted that the "chef" was not there so they could not cook most of the menu items. We did settle for their Angus beef burger.Apparently it takes no chef to cook a burger just patience. Several beers later and about 1 hour and 10 minutes the burgers finally arrived . Wife and her friend already finished their several dishes of food.

The manager was not there to complain to. My first meal at The Boardwalk was not pleasant to say the least. I will definitely say something to them on my next visit there but I am sure as this is Phala and Thailand I will get the usual excuses.

Vent finished

Had a very similar experience a few weeks ago.

The glass of wine my wife had didn't have enough in to drown a mozzie and was 150 baht. I had a GT and had eventually after throwing out all the ice that I specifically didn't ask for there was a mouthful left in the glass.

I will need to see a lot of positive posts over a long period before I go back.

Sad because it could be very nice considering good location and parking etc.

Yeah, it's not good at all, was expecting something better, the band is utter crap too!!

• 2 months later...

I shall be in Bang Chang tomorrow, where is the best place for breakfast. I shall be coming from Pattaya and eventually ending up at Pala beach. So anywhere near that route would be fine. I just don't fancy The Camel.

Papasing's lost lease and he may locate at the Namrin Beach area near Tommy's or so the story goes. No one I know is sure if he will continue the restaurant known as Papasing's. It is reported Jim is back to work out of country

I noticed last night that it is currently shut, and have also heard since it will move to the area you mention, wsit and see i guess.

Papasing's lost lease and he may locate at the Namrin Beach area near Tommy's or so the story goes. No one I know is sure if he will continue the restaurant known as Papasing's. It is reported Jim is back to work out of country

I noticed last night that it is currently shut, and have also heard since it will move to the area you mention, wsit and see i guess.

Found out last night that yes indeed they have relocated to Nam Rin area, on the Nam Rin road on the left just before the crossroads (IE, Laying Cow, Tommys, Bamboo etc. are just round the corner) and they are aiming to be back open again by Tuesday or Wednesday this coming week.

Papa Sings, or Pizza Hat Namrin as it is now called, opens tonight, For orders please call 0890 588584,

attachicon.gifPizza Hat.jpg

Have been there looking for 2 nights. Not open. Is it the same house as the other bars but just around the corner?

Papa Sings, or Pizza Hat Namrin as it is now called, opens tonight, For orders please call 0890 588584,

Have been there looking for 2 nights. Not open. Is it the same house as the other bars but just around the corner?

It's about half way up the strip of shops round the corner from the bars. Call the number to check if they are open.

It's about half way up the strip of shops round the corner from the bars. Call the number to check if they are open.

Looks like fully open today....from their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Pizza-Hat-Namrin-978070798936942/

• Like 1

Looks like fully open today....from their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Pizza-Hat-Namrin-978070798936942/

Good then I know what I will have for lunch.

• 4 weeks later...

Must be the stealthiest restaurant in Thailand, or just never open.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried the Phala Pier Cafe a couple of times in recent weeks. Lovely place, even on a hot afternoon. Ocean view and cool wind. Very friendly people as well, had a good chat about what (if anything) is going on in Phala. Pork burger was ok, beef burger was delicious. Haven't tried the Thai food as i can get it everywhere. All in all, for me certainly worth eating there once/week. I happened to go on a Friday night for drinks, well they had a fire show, lively music and a good crow

Most of you will have noticed that the other place nearby with a similar name, Phala Beach Cafe, has unfortunately closed it doors. I used to go there several times/week but obviously that will no longer be possible.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Pizza Hat Namrin (formerly known as Papa Sing) has now closed down. On a more positive note I tried Pizza Italia (next to the Springs housing estate) last night and it was absolutely fantastic. It was the best Italian style pizza I've had in Thailand. My wife said it was they most authentic pizza she's had since a holiday in Italy a couple of years ago. We had 2 pizzas and a selection of Italian meat. The portions are really generous, I couldn't finish my pizza and my wife only managed half of hers. All in all absolutely brilliant.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can second that Pizza Italia is probably the best pizza I have had here in Thailand. It is Italian style with quality Italian ingredients. It's not your typical "how much low quality stuff can I put on top" type of pizza that is so common here in Thailand.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...