Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

PattayaParent

20 hours ago, niss3 said:

Anyone tried the new Italian restaurant between Robin Hood and the railway?

Yes I tried it last Friday its where Nida house used to be. I thought the food was nice & the Italian owner was very friendly

1 hour ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I tried to try it today, but just have to add it to the list of places which don't open Sunday lunch-time.

Pizzamai just up the road from there is open on a Sunday, every day at 10am, very reasonable prices indeed, and very comfy seats!

2 hours ago, LennyW said:

Pizzamai just up the road from there is open on a Sunday, every day at 10am, very reasonable prices indeed, and very comfy seats!

This answer for me implies on the same soi as the new place. Is the Pizzamai on soi 42? Not up the road really. Up the road turn right on the bypass road and then right again at soi 42.

1 hour ago, longball53098 said:

This answer for me implies on the same soi as the new place. Is the Pizzamai on soi 42? Not up the road really. Up the road turn right on the bypass road and then right again at soi 42.

Up the road turn left on the bypass road, do a U turn as soon as you can and it is between Ninas Kitchen and the traffic lights.

Nothing to do with Tessaban 42 soi - that is the road from Sukhumvit to payoon beach, the new Italian you are talking about is on Tessaban 34.

Edited by LennyW

Lenny my man, now you have me in a state of confusion. I have been out of the area for a couple of months and I know from some of the drugs I have taken lately to get better has muddled my thinking so tell me, what is the Pizzamai place over on soi 42? Payoon Beach road? Its almost opposite the entry to that housing estate. Not Pizzamai?  Did they move to the bypass road? IS there a second one?

Please I implore you to set me straight.

Thanks

6 hours ago, longball53098 said:

Lenny my man, now you have me in a state of confusion. I have been out of the area for a couple of months and I know from some of the drugs I have taken lately to get better has muddled my thinking so tell me, what is the Pizzamai place over on soi 42? Payoon Beach road? Its almost opposite the entry to that housing estate. Not Pizzamai?  Did they move to the bypass road? IS there a second one?

Please I implore you to set me straight.

Thanks

The one on the 42 road opposite Sinthavee Park, is DonJais Pizza, been there for years.

PizzaMai is a different one, been open about a year but has recently had a nice makeover so much more visible outside now.

Surrounded by Pizza shops now!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Tried Pizza Mai. Was not impressed with their pizza. Only one size, small. Crust undercooked. Perhaps if they invested in a real pizza oven it could be better.

Don Jai is good but a few times they were out of pepperoni. "Sorry no have".

Home made Pizza Ban Chang is good. Quality is good. And they have good imported beers.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Yes. It's been taken by the same family that has the Noot bar.

Correct, today was handover day apparently. The lady half of Noot bar's daughter and her elderly foreign husband are now the new owners of the Camel.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried the K & T restaurant on the strip on Saturday. They offer Korean and Thai food. I had a spicey tuna and vegetable soup and Kimchi fried rice. They both came with various side dishes. It was very tasty and the portions are quite large. The only drawbacks are the menu is only in Thai and Korean and they don't stock Heineken or Asahi.

On 5/6/2017 at 7:43 PM, LennyW said:

Correct, today was handover day apparently. The lady half of Noot bar's daughter and her elderly foreign husband are now the new owners of the Camel.

How does that place manage to stay open? I can only think that the original operators actually owned the place since rent hikes and mercenary landlords have been the death of many a fine dining experience all over LOS.

So, are the new operators really owners in that they bought the whole enchilada or are they on a lease. from the original owners?

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

How does that place manage to stay open? I can only think that the original operators actually owned the place since rent hikes and mercenary landlords have been the death of many a fine dining experience all over LOS.

So, are the new operators really owners in that they bought the whole enchilada or are they on a lease. from the original owners?

The previous occupiers did not own the buildings, they were also leasing the units from three separate owners it seems, two blocks, two blocks, two blocks, this new owners are also just leasing, they paid 9 million baht for the privilege of buying the "business" !! I kid you not!!

The new owners seem to be putting emphasis on the food, but i know somebody that had a breakfast there last Sunday and they were not impressed, they left more than half of it as he said it was too burnt to eat!!

Time will tell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LennyW said:

The previous occupiers did not own the buildings, they were also leasing the units from three separate owners it seems, two blocks, two blocks, two blocks, this new owners are also just leasing, they paid 9 million baht for the privilege of buying the "business" !! I kid you not!!

The new owners seem to be putting emphasis on the food, but i know somebody that had a breakfast there last Sunday and they were not impressed, they left more than half of it as he said it was too burnt to eat!!

Time will tell.

The food has always been a bit uninspired IMHO. The beer offerings aren't anything special and the dark San Miguel draft is dire. I have only visited and dined in the afternoons and could count the number of customers on one hand on the busiest afternoon. They also had at least half a dozen waitstaff doing mostly nothing. I have no idea if it's a regular live wire joint in the evenings but somehow I doubt it.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The food has always been a bit uninspired IMHO. The beer offerings aren't anything special and the dark San Miguel draft is dire. I have only visited and dined in the afternoons and could count the number of customers on one hand on the busiest afternoon. They also had at least half a dozen waitstaff doing mostly nothing. I have no idea if it's a regular live wire joint in the evenings but somehow I doubt it.

I think the guy that owned it previously was propping it up with his big petro bucks . That's now died a death ! He must be licking his lips getting 9 million for that place ! Good luck to the new owner though ??

On 6/2/2017 at 9:55 AM, NanLaew said:

Disagree. Thought the food was very good when the previous chef "Stu" was working there. For a pub / restaurant the daily specials (and desserts) were excellent. Lunchtimes are the busiest times, and always have been. Evenings, the Camel is usually the place to meet before moving in elsewhere, imo.

• Like 1

I went to the Beehive for breakfast on Sunday and I really liked it. The staff are friendly, the prices keen, they have aircon inside and overall its a very nice place.  I had the large breakfast which was; 2 eggs, 2 rashers of bacon, beans, 2 sausages, 2 slices of toast and a cup of Yorkshire tea. That was 150 Baht & my wife had  the small breakfast which is 1 less sausage, egg, bacon and slice of toast and that  is 100 Baht. For Directions if you head past Eastern Star to the junction for the Maptaphut bypass and turn left and its in the last row of shop houses before you reach the Sukhumvit road.

Its on the same side as the Japanese restaurant but further up towards the sukhumvit. I think its was closed today according to Facebook. It's almost the last row of new shop houses before the sukhumvit and there was an orange Ford Ecosport with red plates parked outside which I assumed was the owners.