Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

PattayaParent

^^You can park on the opposite side of the road, using the "Boardwalk" car park. Tried the Lord Nelson last midweek, thought the setting and decor very nice indeed.

Food; basic menu but good fare (had pork chops; chicken wings). Maybe they will expand the menu at a later date. (Seems that Mrs Franz from Bella Vista w/ kitchen staff is now working there..:shock1:). The service when we were there was fine, but usually a bit erratic on any new venture until everyone knows what they're supposed to be doing.

Will be going back again.

Edited by huangnon

I've tried Sakana the new Japanese restaurant a couple of times and its very good. Its located near to where the CTH office used to be. The food is great, staff are friendly & one waitress is fluent in English. The only downside is as its small and vey popular sometimes its full.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2016 at 8:01 AM, longball53098 said:

I have no idea who the man at the bar was.

On a second visit, he seems to be a very irritable / miserable git, tbh.

He ought to appoint a manager to run the bar / restaurant, and keep his charismatic personality elsewhere.

• Like 1

On 09/12/2016 at 8:36 AM, Big Guns said:

Please get some fine ales as your sign says Captain Birdseye/Greengrass even if its just some draughtflow cans in the fridge.  Very nice looking place though.

Latest news/rumour? is that after Xmas/New Year there will be a UK chef/head cook starting.

• 4 weeks later...

Was in there tonight , as a Brit that's been living away from

home for a long time I loved it ! The decor and setting is really nice  the food was decent just needs a decent selection of beers and it would be a winner ! Great to see places like this in ban chang I hope

it does well .

Edited by chrisandsu
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just spotted a new Pizza place in Ban Chang, "Pizzeria Ban Chang" heading down the Nam Rin road, after the traffic lights on the bypass road and on the right just before where the rescue team hang out.

Looks like it has just opened, the sign says open 10.30 - 22.30, anybody tried it yet?

On 2017-01-15 at 6:21 PM, LennyW said:

Just spotted a new Pizza place in Ban Chang, "Pizzeria Ban Chang" heading down the Nam Rin road, after the traffic lights on the bypass road and on the right just before where the rescue team hang out.

Looks like it has just opened, the sign says open 10.30 - 22.30, anybody tried it yet?

Tried it maybe 2 weeks ago. It was ok but abit small and to firm dough for me. Tried the 4cheese and some spicy sausage.

• 2 weeks later...

The new expat mart food and drink shop is open now, (since last weekend), on the Bypass road Ban Chang, good stock and prices seem to be considerably cheaper than anywhere else around Ban Chang. Some very good grub!!

• Like 2

Another new restaurant open ion Ban Chang, Pizzamaifood Resturanto Italiano, Bar and Restaurant, about 100m past Ninas Kitchen or 100m before the traffic lights. I guess by the name it's a Pizza place LOL!!

Sign says open daily at 10am

I have not tried it yet, but i will soon!

Edited by LennyW
  • Like 1

On 29/1/2560 at 0:28 PM, LennyW said:

The new expat mart food and drink shop is open now, (since last weekend), on the Bypass road Ban Chang, good stock and prices seem to be considerably cheaper than anywhere else around Ban Chang. Some very good grub!!

Any chance of directions. Location. Bypass is a long road.

We went last night, and apparently it has been open for about a year???? but, they had some problems with water leaking inside the building so they did a complete renovate and upgrade. This included a complete redo of the outside area as well and a new sign of course which is why i thought it was new.

Very nice and clean, great seats (Sofas!!) very good food at very good prices, cheap  beer (San Mig Lite 60 Baht) and wine around 650 baht a bottle, big menu, Pizzas, Steaks, Seafood, Thai food.....

The Thai lady owner speaks very good English.

We will go back for sure. Pizzamai https://www.facebook.com/pizzamaifood/

??? Looks like there is some posts missing between 503 and 504???

Edited by LennyW

On 2/5/2017 at 7:02 PM, LennyW said:

Between the Payoon road and Phala road traffic lights, shops beside Miracle Grand Ville, end shop on second block.

Was in there this morning - just had new big delivery of frozen foods incl. bacon, pies, sausages, etc. Good range of other foodstuff too. Prices more reasonable than elsewhere in BC. Some info and location map here:

http://www.grocerystoresite.com/store/170819680035188/Ban+Chang+Expat+Mart

they also have a farcebook page: BanChangExpatMart.