Suvarnabhumi Airport You Owe Me £250

But hey Kerryd, aren't you letting the facts get in the way of a good story :D ?

Oops, you're right. Silly me. :D

Remind me when I fly out of here in 3 weeks, to check my bags, baggage allowances and bank accounts, to make sure I'm not going to end up paying for extra weight and then giving it away !

Actually, travelling business class all the way and I'll only be taking a carry-on, so I may be safe (for now). :o

If you are just a bit over, say 10 kg.....

If you are male: go to the only man at the counter, he is gay, be very sweet....no payment.

no male....find the most ugly looking girl and be charming (the pretty girls are used to it=does not work) and you'll not pay.

If you are female.....no luck.... :D

(meant as joke, but it seems to be half true)

Yeah it was Thai airways

Get a ROP card - that will give you an extra 10kg at the basic membership level.

But if you need help planning and packing your bags I think such a task might be beyond you.

incorrect.

basic = no extra

silver = 10kg extra

gold = 20kg extra

Exess Baggage I have recently moved to Thailand permanently with a retirement visa. My exess baggaage from Heathrow to Bankok was charged at 33 GBP a kilo and they only charged 50% of my overwieght this came to 828 GBP with EVA so 250 GBP not to bad pity you gave the shirts away you would have made a profit in the UK I know a guy who comes here 2 or 3 times a year and pays for his ticket with the proceeds of shirts he buys in Mikes Shopping Mall.

Don't think you will have much luck with a refund. :o

Anyway I'm still curious to know why the OP paid the fee and then "gave the contents away"?

Because I was going to get my refund back but the plane came in and I had to get to the gate.

Because I was going to get my refund back but the plane came in and I had to get to the gate.

So the plane left early as well?!!!!

Or were you unaware of the fact you should get to the airport at least 2 hours before take off as well as the baggage weight limit? I am amazed you managed to get to Thailand in the first place as it seems you had so many problems leaving!