Tourist Visa Six Months With 3 Enteries Usa

I am a 52 year old american citizen traveling on a US Passport. I called the Royal Thai Consulate General"s Office today and was told I could get a Tourist Six Month Visa with Three Entries for $75.00us. I was told I would have to report to Immigration every 60 days for another 60 day extention,no visa run required as of now I do not plan on staying more than 6months.

1. If I change my mind is this visa renewable for another 6 months and what

would I have to do?

2. Can I leave the LOS say a side trip to China and renter LOS without losing

one of my 3 enteries ?

3. What are disadvantages of this type of Visa and if so which Visa should I

apply for?

I am a 52 year old american citizen traveling on a US Passport. I called the Royal Thai Consulate General"s Office today and was told I could get a Tourist Six Month Visa with Three Entries for $75.00us. I was told I would have to report to Immigration every 60 days for another 60 day extention,no visa run required as of now I do not plan on staying more than 6months.

1. If I change my mind is this visa renewable for another 6 months and what 

would I have to do?

2. Can I leave the LOS say a side trip to China and renter LOS without losing

one of my 3 enteries ?

3. What are disadvantages of this type of Visa and if so which Visa should I

apply for?

A tourist visa enables a stay of 60 days, and each visa can be extended a further 30 days. After the first extension, you will need to cross a border and re-enter. Two entries will cover the 6 month period. Both entries must be utilized within 6 months of the date of visa issue. Do the first 90 day stay in Thailand, do your trip to China.