bmw

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish it would rain here!! Kuala Lumpur

the pollution is terrible, all hazey from burning forests etc, smells really bad and makes you cough a lot

just like any bar in Chiang Mai really, but you cant walk outside to get away from it :o:D:D

95 pages on this topic!!!??? Forgive me for not reading through, but, planning a return visit in November most of which will be in Koh Samui - looking at climate/rainfall info on the net it looks to be the wettest time of year yet Nov - Jan is the most popular time people visit.

What weather can be expected? Does it rain a lot/constantly?

It's raining where I am at now. The good kind of rain. The wash away kind of rain.

So a bit like rain, then? :D

Yeah, the kind of rain that will make you feel better. Comforting. Ya know?

Yeah, I got ya, thaibebop; none of this drizzle-type nonsense, the real thing that bouces back up and gets ya. Unfortunately, it's not great when caught in the 'real thing' when riding the motorbike as I have found out once or twice :o

It's raining where I am at now. The good kind of rain. The wash away kind of rain.

So a bit like rain, then? :D

Yeah, the kind of rain that will make you feel better. Comforting. Ya know?

Yeah, I got ya, thaibebop; none of this drizzle-type nonsense, the real thing that bouces back up and gets ya. Unfortunately, it's not great when caught in the 'real thing' when riding the motorbike as I have found out once or twice :o

No, no, best to watch from a porch or window. Maybe sometimes a quick walk, but never riding.

In Saraburi, it's a light rain. Just enough to chase the relatives out of the hammocks under the mango tree. But this silly farang didn't care, took my chance and got into one. It quit raining and what a lovely nap I've had.

Thank god for the RAIN thread i say, and yes it is raining again in Kan. After reading mindless postings and drivel galore in many other threads its nice to come to this one and just talk about rain. There is a certain sanity to be got from visiting this thread after an hour on TV. Maybe this should be in the medical section as a calming balm for the mind lol. :o

The rain pattern is interesting here in Thailand, unlike the rain pattern back in South Florida where I'm from. In Florida, it can drizzle all day just heavy enough to keep you indoors whereas here in Thailand, it rains hard for a couple hours then stops suddenly. The sun often comes out shortly after and by the following morning all the water has dried up. Although the rain showers are short, the volume of rain dumped here in two hours often exceeds what is dumped in one day in Florida. Within a short time you could paddle a canoe down the street and our old car turns into a submarine. The sales on those electric mosquito racquets must be skyrocketing this time of year.

Edited by Thaiboxer

When it rains in these months is crap like here in the UK - constant and depressing? Or is it a big downpour for a few hours and then sunny again?

it is tropical rain, pours down for an hour or two, and then stops and everything gets nice and dry again. And its warm too, so you can get soaked and laugh in it

:o:D:D:D