Visa Run To Laos

Previously I requested info to do visa run to Vientianne. As I only live 80km from Mukdahan I was considering doing the border hop over to Suvannakhet. Is this a viable option to get a new tourist visa. I realise that I need a visa to enter Laos. Can this be obtained locally or do I need to go to Bangkok.

Thanks for any help

Previously I requested info to do visa run to Vientianne.  As I only live 80km from Mukdahan I was considering doing the border hop over to Suvannakhet. Is this a viable option to get a new tourist visa.  I realise that I need a visa to enter Laos.  Can this be obtained locally or do I need to go to Bangkok.

Thanks for any help

hi, you don't need to go where, just take the ferry from mukdahan, the costs of the ferry ride is 50baht, then straight to savannnakhet, when you reach lao you will just get the visa there in their immigration, you have to pay 1500baht though, i think you're allowed to stay up to 15 days in there.

hi, you don't need to go where, just take the ferry from mukdahan, the costs of the ferry ride is 50baht, then straight to savannnakhet, when you reach lao you will just get the visa there in their immigration, you have to pay 1500baht though, i think you're allowed to stay up to 15 days in there.

I thought savannakhet was in Laos so I would need a visa prior to reaching the border. If what you say is correct that would make it very easy for me. I have read that the Thai embassy in Laos is getting very strict, is this the case for the consulate in Savannakhet or should I have little trouble getting my 60 day tourist visa

I thought savannakhet was in Laos so I would need a visa prior to reaching the border. If what you say is correct that would make it very easy for me. I have read that the Thai embassy in Laos is getting very strict, is this the case for the consulate in Savannakhet or should I have little trouble getting my 60 day tourist visa

savannakhet is in lao, they have consulate there, you can even walk to the consul from the ferry port or you pay 20 baht for the tuktuk ride. no trouble for tourist 60 days visa, if you catch the 9:30 ferry ride you will be in savannakhet around 9:45 am then go to the consul, you have to wait up to 3 pm though before you can get your passport and your visa no need to stay over night unless they have meeting of something but usually by 3 pm you can get it already. its better than vienttiane and their people are much much more nicer, i got all my visas there also 3 tourist and 2 non immig b :o .... good luck!

savannakhet is in lao, they have consulate there, you can even walk to the consul from the ferry port or you pay 20 baht for the tuktuk ride. no trouble for tourist 60 days visa, if you catch the 9:30 ferry ride you will be in savannakhet around 9:45 am then go to the consul, you have to wait up to 3 pm though before you can get your passport and your visa no need to stay over night unless they have meeting of something but usually by 3 pm you can get it already. its better than vienttiane and their people are much much more nicer, i got all my visas there also 3 tourist and 2 non immig b :o .... good luck!

Thanks for the info. I will give it a go next week