Decent Driving School In Pattaya

sungod

By the title of the topic, I guess that may be heard to find here. But on a more serious note, it's time the other half learnt to drive. Personally haven't got the patience to do it myself, just a recipe for disaster. Has anybody on the forum got a recent experiences with having their wives/girlfriends learning to drive? I know of a number of schools in the area, but more interested on peoples opinions of them, Thanks.

Head up Pattaya Klang and just past Foodland on the opposite side is a small driving school, my partner booked there after some lessons from me and learnt the highway code etc, took their exam after ten lessons and passed first time including the two hour written exam . Their only complaint was they were taught in a manual drive and found it hard work after our automatic! And before anyone has a go my partner is now a good driver with more patience than me!

Edited by JohnC

Nearly the same place, but just before foodland on the opposite side of Klang. During office hours, as you drive up Klang you will see lots of yellow roadsigns inside their shop, and they have a yellow illuminated sign outside.

My g/f learnt to drive there last year in an auto, and is probably one of the best Thai drivers I have seen. I paid about 6k for 20 lessons, but they said if she failed they would give her free lessons until she passed.

She actually did it after about 15, and used the rest of her 'credit' for motorway driving.

We all know that the Thai driving test is a bit of a joke, but as far as I am concerned they did an excellent job, and went far and beyond my expectations.

Edit// to add that I have probably recouped the cost of the lessons over the last 12 months in taxi fares, teetotal g/f's are definitely the way forward :o

Edited by sweetchariot

• 8 months later...
Nearly the same place, but just before foodland on the opposite side of Klang. During office hours, as you drive up Klang you will see lots of yellow roadsigns inside their shop, and they have a yellow illuminated sign outside.

My g/f learnt to drive there last year in an auto, and is probably one of the best Thai drivers I have seen. I paid about 6k for 20 lessons, but they said if she failed they would give her free lessons until she passed.

She actually did it after about 15, and used the rest of her 'credit' for motorway driving.

We all know that the Thai driving test is a bit of a joke, but as far as I am concerned they did an excellent job, and went far and beyond my expectations.

Edit// to add that I have probably recouped the cost of the lessons over the last 12 months in taxi fares, teetotal g/f's are definitely the way forward :o

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Took my girl to that place as she also needed to learn to drive car and also asked if they could organise license for me, could not be bothered to go through the hassle myself(prefer just to pay, if you know what i mean)

Cut the story short, with my license they charged 5500 for motorcycle and 3500 for car, for my girl 6500 for car(including lessons) and 2500 for motorcycle(she has been riding around without out)

We were told to come back next day early morning.

Sale day later got a call not to come next day, but come day after in the afternoon.

We came in the afternoon.

They advised my girl that it is better to buy her car license and after they will teach her, and for me-same day they could also buy car license for me, but for motorcycle in 2week.

Obviously told them it was not acceptable for both of us.

Knowing my girl, if she had the license she would never learn how to drive, but would just jump in the car and start driving and it is bad enough as it is on the road with thai drivers.

Anyhow, asked for the money back and told them was not interested.

Well it started with the excuses (as they always do) then to no money, then to boss has the money, but she has already gone to Isaan, then to they already paid for the license and would refund only half, then back and forwards again.

Me being me and really not caring raising voice or what they think of me, i did raise my voice and told them to F U and FO

Only then they managed to find the money and refund all. Mind you not even an apology.

So avoid avoid avoid.