Which Country (other Than Your Own) Is The Best In The World?

Jingthing

Which country (OTHER THAN YOUR OWN) is the best in the world?  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ooops, I forgot Russia.

Japan also deserved to be on a big list.

There really was no ideal way to limit it to 19 choices.

Anglo countries did get a preference in my design, as this is mostly an Anglo crowd here.

Edited by Jingthing

What is the point of this poll?

Amusement. Also, as this is thaivisa, I wonder how many people think Thailand is the best.

I picked France for a number of reasons, even though I haven't been there in over 30 years.

Because:

origin of modern free democracies, the French revolution

arguably the best food in the world with the most worldwide influence

delivering a decent standard of living to much of their population, including ample leisure time

the best health care system in the world (as rated by WHO)

on the cutting edge of working out solutions for issues between Muslims, Christians, and Jews, even though they are failing in some ways, they are on the front lines of this vital modern (and ancient) problem

still a world center for all kinds of culture

their leaders were right to object to America on invading Iraq

my avatar is a cockapoo

Edited by Jingthing

My point is you need to get a life.

You mean like Weho?

I live in Thailand but I don't think it is even close to being the best country. Frankly, I couldn't afford to retire in the best countries, nor would they give me a visa. Happily, I love Thailand. Being best ain't everything.

Edited by Jingthing

First, I am far from thinking my own country is the best in the world. It is for sure the worst I am aware of , a nightmare place where the gov steals every penny out of your pocket and women ask you to go into debt to pay for sex (free sex being absolutely out of question). Italy is "the land of taxes and self made hand jobs".

I voted Thailand as it is the best place I currently know of (and where therefore I am living), cheap pussy and cheap cost of living are definitively the way to go. This doesn't mean, however, that Thailand is flawless, starting with silly visa regulations.

What is the point of this poll?

Amusement. Also, as this is thaivisa, I wonder how many people think Thailand is the best.

I picked France for a number of reasons, even though I haven't been there in over 30 years.

Because:

on the cutting edge of working out solutions for issues between Muslims, Christians, and Jews, even though

I voted for Singapore but I am not going to list the reasons as some folk on TV get all huffy when I keep going on about how brilliant Singers is.

BTW I lived in France for six years and I agree with all your points except the one quoted above. Are you sure that's right?