Bangkok Beer And Footie Night Season 2- Episode 1

mrtoad

Guys, as to be expected, it's that time of year again, so we can get our excuses together and meet up for a few beers an watch the footie during the season.

Saturday 16th August

Saturday, 16 August 2008

Arsenal v West Brom, 12:45

Bolton v Stoke, 15:00

Everton v Blackburn, 15:00

Hull v Fulham, 15:00

Middlesbrough v Tottenham, 15:00

Sunderland v Liverpool, 17:30

West Ham v Wigan, 15:00

First game starts at 6.45 PM, so will look at a 6.30 meet up if all okay. I'm going to book a table as per usual, so will look to meet at Soi 8, unless any objections. I'll check to make sure there are no Rugby matched on that evening though!!

So if you are coming add your name:

Confirmed so far:

mrtoad

macanello

chavy

scousemouse

Hopefully a few newbies will pop along this season.

Cheers.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr.Smile was planning to join you gentlemen, but he went back to the UK for family reasons. He will be there for episode 2... He also says he has joined Mr.Toad fantasy football and looking forward to taking candy off you kids... :o

Cheekysmile would love to join, but she has literaly been left holding the baby(-ies)... :D

Edited by cheekysmile

Mr.Smile was planning to join you gentlemen, but he went back to the UK for family reasons. He will be there for episode 2... He also says he has joined Mr.Toad fantasy football and looking forward to taking candy off you kids... :D

Cheekysmile would love to join, but she has literaly been left holding the baby(-ies)... :D

Thankyou Cheeky, I did try to conatct Mr Smile yesterday. The competition is heating up in the fANTASY league, so if there are any others who want to join PM me, and I'll send the details. BTW BigToe, you still haven't joined, even though you said you were. Computer problems? :o

Mr.Smile was planning to join you gentlemen, but he went back to the UK for family reasons. He will be there for episode 2... He also says he has joined Mr.Toad fantasy football and looking forward to taking candy off you kids... :D

Thankyou Cheeky, I did try to conatct Mr Smile yesterday. The competition is heating up in the fANTASY league, so if there are any others who want to join PM me, and I'll send the details. BTW BigToe, you still haven't joined, even though you said you were. Computer problems? :o

Sorry Mr T WILL TRY again to get in league. Congrats to Mr and Mrs Smile and I hope all the family well. If still in UK please pm me perhaps we can meet up as I have good contact for Nanny ????

Have a good night on 16th - Tiger for me. :D

BT

Guys, we are going to have to change the venue for this week, as there will be a clash with Rugby. Given that Soi 8 IS mainly a rugby pub, we will probably have difficulty finding a place to sit and waych the game.

I am now going to suggest the Crossbar on Soi 23, opposite Sino Thai Tower / Chockchai Steakhouse.

I'll sort it out, times as per usual.

Anyone else who fancies popping along for a few beers and watch a few games add your name on the thread, or drop me a PM.

Cheers,

MRT

Guys, we are going to have to change the venue for this week, as there will be a clash with Rugby. Given that Soi 8 IS mainly a rugby pub, we will probably have difficulty finding a place to sit and waych the game.

I am now going to suggest the Crossbar on Soi 23, opposite Sino Thai Tower / Chockchai Steakhouse.

I'll sort it out, times as per usual.

Anyone else who fancies popping along for a few beers and watch a few games add your name on the thread, or drop me a PM.

Cheers,

MRT

Is that Suk Soi 23 mate ? Never been down there tbh but no sweat, can go. I'm stopping near Asok ( soi Cowboy :o ) so no probs.

Chavy pretty easy to find.

Directions are on the website.

http://www.thecrossbarbangkok.com/home.htm

I thin Macanello is getting there for the begining of the first match, I may be about 30 minutes after kick off, as I'm coming from Srinarkarin.

So far only 4 by the looks:

macanello

mrtoad

scousemouse

chavy

Away - Fletch, MrBojangles, Bigtoe and Mig

Be nice if we got a few newbies

Hoping to bring Mrs BoJ and BabyBoJ out to Saudi in December. After that, i won't need to go back to the UK, so ALL my vacations will be out to Thailand. Can't wait. :D

Well MrBJ, we always look forward to your prescence when you come, although you forgot the Ambrosia the last time. :o

I'll join you guys. I can't wait for the season to kick off.

See you there.

No problem look forward to it. They are normally good eveninigs out, as everybody supports different teams.

I thin Macanello is getting there for the begining of the first match, I may be about 30 minutes after kick off, as I'm coming from Srinarkarin.

macanello

mrtoad

scousemouse

chavy

As I can not make it due to my present location, Please buy a round for the guys from me Mr Toad - ( YOU KNOW YOUR SAFE WITH ME ) !!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD ONE.

BT :o and That Man Utd win 3 - 0 :D

I'm sure soi 23 was the last time I saw Bigtoe disappearing into the distance along with a cheeky smile :o Maybe I was asleep, that's why they left me behind :D

I may have another one with me Toady........he's a closet Notts County fan :D

I'm sure soi 23 was the last time I saw Bigtoe disappearing into the distance along with a cheeky smile :o Maybe I was asleep, that's why they left me behind :D

I may have another one with me Toady........he's a closet Notts County fan :D

:D Notts County, well at least he's got a sense of humour.

The Bar owner is a Wolves fan, so he's another long suffering fan.

May have a couple from my VetsFootball team there as well, should be a laugh as usual. There will of course be a sweepstake as usual, so a chance to win a few Baht.

macanello

mrtoad

scousemouse

chavy

As I can not make it due to my present location, Please buy a round for the guys from me Mr Toad - ( YOU KNOW YOUR SAFE WITH ME ) !!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD ONE.

BT :o and That Man Utd win 3 - 0 :D

Ooooops Man U 1 - 1 N/castle

Up the Boro

Yes Toadie.....I enjoyed the meat market as well :D

Surely you haven't forgotten the steak and kidney pies aswell chavy :D:o .

Aprantly Chavy took home a load of assorted pies and fried food after he left you. He has little recollection , ands he wasn't sure where he got the food, I assume it was a trip to Offshore, which confirms that you must have been shedded.

I can't really comment to much on the Meat Market, although there were some interesting two for the price of one "deals". :D

Yes Toadie.....I enjoyed the meat market as well :D

Surely you haven't forgotten the steak and kidney pies aswell chavy :(:D .

Aprantly Chavy took home a load of assorted pies and fried food after he left you. He has little recollection , ands he wasn't sure where he got the food, I assume it was a trip to Offshore, which confirms that you must have been shedded.

I can't really comment to much on the Meat Market, although there were some interesting two for the price of one "deals". :D

Sounds as though you guys had an "INTERESTING" night, :D pity Man U were disappointing but early doors yet. :o

BT