Who Owns This Land?

BrassMonkey

Could anyone point me in the right direction to finding out who owns a piece of land in Phuket that I know is for sale?

I have a copy of the land document (chanuk) or whatever it is called so can I visit the Phuket land registry office and request the owners details?

Many Thanks

If you have an uptodate chanoht it will have the owners name on the back. If its an old chanoht then it will have a previous owner on the back. Contact whoever is on the back and ask who is the owner. Don't know if the land office will help you with this; we've got a friend who works in the oland office so we get some non-standard services!! Go around the neighborhood and ask everyone who owns the land or who owns land near it. Put up a sign on the land giving your phone number and say you are interested in buying it.....as a last resort.

If you have an uptodate chanoht it will have the owners name on the back.  If its an old chanoht then it will have a previous owner on the back.  Contact whoever is on the back and ask who is the owner.  Don't know if the land office will help you with this; we've got a friend who works in the oland office so we get some non-standard services!!  Go around the neighborhood and ask everyone who owns the land or who owns land near it.  Put up a sign on the land giving your phone number and say you are interested in buying it.....as a last resort.

Many thanks, guess I should take a course in reading Thai. :o