China Milk Problems

Woofer

With all the news about the problems of China's milk and dairy products, I was wondering if any are available in Thailand? I have not heard of any Thai government comment on the problem. Does anyone know what problems can occur if you ingest any of the tainted dairy products?

The milk can be reduced to powder form - used in all sorts of products.

The main problems are that the melamine protein is not digested by the human body - thus it is deposited in the various cleansing organs such as kidneys and liver - there it can form kidney stones and damage liver, spleen and so on.

As in China this is not limited to one commercial company but goes back to the collectors of milk from the farms who deliver to many different milk processing plants, then it is best to avoid all milk / milk derivative products in SE Asia at this time.

Edited by Humphrey Bear

The milk can be reduced to powder form - used in all sorts of products.

The main problems are that the melamine protein is not digested by the human body - thus it is deposited in the various cleansing organs such as kidneys and liver - there it can form kidney stones and damage liver, spleen and so on.

As in China this is not limited to one commercial company but goes back to the collectors of milk from the farms who deliver to many different milk processing plants, then it is best to avoid all milk / milk derivative products in SE Asia at this time.

What do all you China lovers say now?

The Bangkok Post yesterday had a piece saying that melamine had been found in Dutch Mill powdered milk at a warehouse somewhere in Isaan. I drink the Meiji fresh milk in Pattaya, I think it tastes better than the Dutch Mill milk. Anyway, I never use powdered milk, so I hope I'm OK. :o

I can't find a link to the story - anybody got one?

The Bangkok Post yesterday had a piece saying that melamine had been found in Dutch Mill powdered milk at a warehouse somewhere in Isaan. I drink the Meiji fresh milk in Pattaya, I think it tastes better than the Dutch Mill milk. Anyway, I never use powdered milk, so I hope I'm OK. :D

I can't find a link to the story - anybody got one?

Here's one from the Nation today with my comments on it. Good luck. :o

FDA_Thailand_froze_milk_powder.pdf