Expats In Buriram (and Surrounds)

torrenova

So you've caught me up at last cousin Ray, and there's me thinking you were miles ahead :D

By the way, apologies ahead for not making it, too short of staff.

Yo Cuzz,

I am shocked to find that you are younger than me, there's me buying you all those drinks cause I thought you were my elder family!!!!!!! That has to change now yeah cuzz!!

Sorry you couldn't make it to my "BIG 60" a brill night ............. 35 Farangs and at least 100 guests in total ............. Ludo & Yai did Brill.

There could also be a contender for the US Presedential Elections, see the pic below and observe the "T" Shirt slogans !!!!!!!!!!!! Here Ludo introduces me to my supporters:-

post-17773-1225635297_thumb.jpg

and my Paisan supporters present me with a magnum of Metaxa Brandy (hic!!!!!!!!).

post-17773-1225635362_thumb.jpg

Take care everyone........... :o

By the way, Ludo is ever so fussy about his bar and keeps everything perfect.........see below before the party !!!!!!!!

post-17773-1225637039_thumb.jpg

The next day I visited to see how he was coping with the aftermath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-17773-1225637062_thumb.jpg :o

Edited by RayBan

By the way, Ludo is ever so fussy about his bar and keeps everything perfect.........see below before the party !!!!!!!!

post-17773-1225637039_thumb.jpg

The next day I visited to see how he was coping with the aftermath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-17773-1225637062_thumb.jpg :o

That probably explains why I needed a Ferang Concoction meal this morning to get over the hangover.

I even missed Chelsea score 5 goals last night, I must have been p!ssed

Regards

Dave

Not to self:- Did I meet Thaddeus last night or was that a dream

Regards

Dave

Not to self:- Did I meet Thaddeus last night or was that a dream

Sorry Dave, that was unfortunately an illusion...............we had a major fire in Prakhon Chai with many rice fields burning, unusual heavy rain in Buriram province for this time of the year caused terrible floods yesterday, an earthquake in Indonesia caused severe repercussions in the locality and the F'n exchange rate went through the floor Friday!!!!! ................. so yeah ................ sorry............he didn't make it ........... :o............. I still luv ya Thad :D

Edited by RayBan

Love you too Ray..... let's just say that yesterday was problematical..... you retire, you think you have nothing to do on any given day, and then you find out that you are wrong.

I didn't realise that yesterday was the 1st until my stint at the radio station, it was just a Saturday (not to you obviously) then I had to attend a village wedding, then I was playing 'find the falang' until around 2am this morning after a distraut call from one of the wives (I found him eventually, covered in mud and stuff after he had put his motorcy into a ditch)

It's been a pretty crap weekend to be honest.

Love you too Ray..... let's just say that yesterday was problematical..... you retire, you think you have nothing to do on any given day, and then you find out that you are wrong.

I didn't realise that yesterday was the 1st until my stint at the radio station, it was just a Saturday (not to you obviously) then I had to attend a village wedding, then I was playing 'find the falang' until around 2am this morning after a distraut call from one of the wives (I found him eventually, covered in mud and stuff after he had put his motorcy into a ditch)

It's been a pretty crap weekend to be honest.

Phew...........good job it wasn't you in the ditch. They would never have found you if it was over two feet deep. :o

• 3 weeks later...
I have a house (well the wife does) about 20 km South of Buriram. I've not really settled there yet, as I'm working in Singapore. I visit fairly often and will be there this week: Sat thr' Weds (Monday is Deepvali).

So, if anyone fancies meeting-up in Buriram for a drink, then I'll be available for selection. I usually drink in the Bamboo bar.

Londo (Simon)

Hi Simon I am also in Sing working , Girl friend of mine from Meung Buriram , no plans to move there but will be making a Visit in Jan. Any Hotel recomendations ?

I have a house (well the wife does) about 20 km South of Buriram. I've not really settled there yet, as I'm working in Singapore. I visit fairly often and will be there this week: Sat thr' Weds (Monday is Deepvali).

So, if anyone fancies meeting-up in Buriram for a drink, then I'll be available for selection. I usually drink in the Bamboo bar.

Londo (Simon)

Hi Simon I am also in Sing working , Girl friend of mine from Meung Buriram , no plans to move there but will be making a Visit in Jan. Any Hotel recomendations ?

The best is The Theprakorn

Siam Hotel is more in town

BINNSY

The two hotels I've stayed at in the city are the big (old) one, in front of the row of expat bars / shops near the bus station (sorry, forgotten the name, but it always pop's up on the websites). I never liked it and after 2 or 3 unsatisfactory trips I switched to The Siam which I much prefer. Now the house is finished and A/C installed, I sleep at home. Thats what you'll need to do - build a house !