What Are My Chances And What Is It Like?

Hi, right now I’m in college going for Computer Science and a minor in Japanese(but I’m guessing that really makes no difference :-P ), I still have a few years, but I’m just trying to find out all I can about getting a job in Thailand and what is it like. I wouldn’t think that I can get a job as soon as I get out of college, but what are my chances and about what would I need other then college to make my chances more likely? Also I really don’t know much about how it’s like working in Thailand. So what is things like the work hours pay and just anything else I should know? Also what is it like compared to doing the same types of jobs in the US?

That’s really all I can think of, but is there anything else that someone like me that really knows nothing about working/living in Thailand should know? : )

Thanks

Hi, right now I'm in college going for Computer Science and a minor in Japanese(but I'm guessing that really makes no difference :-P ), I still have a few years, but I'm just trying to find out all I can about getting a job in Thailand and what is it like. I wouldn't think that I can get a job as soon as I get out of college, but what are my chances and about what would I need other then college to make my chances more likely? Also I really don't know much about how it's like working in Thailand. So what is things like the work hours pay and just anything else I should know? Also what is it like compared to doing the same types of jobs in the US?

That's really all I can think of, but is there anything else that someone like me that really knows nothing about working/living in Thailand should know? : )

Thanks

Dont hold your breath, just about sums up your chances....if you have contacts here who can help you out maybe, other than that your would be very lucky if you picked anything up...

I'd recommend that you search out international companies with offices in Thailand and which rotate staff in an out of Thailand on assignment.

I had my first posting to Thailand within two years of graduating and I've known a number of graduate trainees assigned to Thailand by various international corporations.

Exposing staff to the company's international offices and international working experience is an important part of many international companies' staff development plans - exchanges and international assignments are frequently given to younger members of staff as part of their training and development.

Of course you might not get to choose, we currently have around a dozen graduate trainee engineers assigned in Thailand but about twice that number assigned in Saudi Arabia.

Walking into an interview and proclaiming that your interest in the job is purely that you wanted to go to Thailand would not be a good idea.

Good luck with our search.