Good Lawyer For Legal Emergencies

astromash

Unlike many who post here seeking 'a good lawyer', I'm not looking for legal advice for buying property or running a business or getting married or making a will etc etc. I just want to make contact with a lawyer in Pattaya who is good at dealing with unforeseen legal emergencies like if in the future I get involved in a serious traffic accident or some criminal investigation.

I might add I keep a thoroughly clean nose and hope and trust I will never have need of such legal services! But TIT.

Friends and acquaintances have mentioned/recommended the following three lawyers/organizations:

Ponthep Werachon, Werachon Law Office, Thepprasit Road Soi 12.

Katrena Wonnasakda, Thai International Law Consultants, opp Day-Night Hotel, South Pattaya.

Supanee Dibbayawan (office manager), Swiss Siam Services, Thepprasit Road Soi 10.

I know Khun Katrena has links with both expat clubs and is the official legal emergency contact for Pattaya Expats Club so that would seem a good recommendation.

Very good English language and a 24 hour emergency helpline would be obviously highly desirable in a legal emergencies lawyer.

Any recommendations/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I know Khun Katrena has links with both expat clubs and is the official legal emergency contact for Pattaya Expats Club so that would seem a good recommendation.

khun Katrina operates an emergency helpline which I believe is 24 hours, 0892449709

I haven't dealt with this firm personally, but my dad just had them do his Last Will & Testament, and he seems quite happy with the services provided (especially considering he doesn't speak any Thai).

They are located next to TukCom. DMC Inter Law & Consultants

Not sure if they have a 24 hour emergency number or not. Might be worth a look though.

I haven't dealt with this firm personally, but my dad just had them do his Last Will & Testament, and he seems quite happy with the services provided (especially considering he doesn't speak any Thai).

They are located next to TukCom. DMC Inter Law & Consultants

Not sure if they have a 24 hour emergency number or not. Might be worth a look though.

Thanks for that. Good English is a definite plus.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is an excellent Law Firm:

www.isaanlawyers.com

Sebastian H. Brousseau, LLB. BSc.

Terdpong Fuangfoovongrath

They handle many kinds of work.

My experience with them was last year (2008).

My wife (Thai) left Thailand when she was about 17. She married and moved to the US where she raised a family over a 35 year period. She had not renewed here Thai ID card in all this time, or her passport. Her ex-husband kept telling her that the papers he got so they could be married were false. This intimidated her about trying to get them updated. After divorcing him she married me. I am an optimist and believed we could get it done. We drove to Los Angles and tried to get her a Thai Passport, man was she afraid. She still had her birth certificate and it and it really didn’t take a day to do it. Getting the ID card was going to take a while, as we had to be in Thailand. We tried when we were on vacation there but there were too many obstacles, She doesn’t speak Thai as much as she use to, so there was a language barrier for both of us. I swore on our next trip we would make it our number one priority. While back home I got on the net and did a search for a Thai lawyer and found Sebastian H. Brousseau of www.isaanlawyers.com. I had found a positive reference to this lawyer on ThaiVisa.net. We discussed our situation over a few months on net using Google Talk and emails. In July 08 all the arrangements were in place and we traveled to Bangkok to meet a representative of the office, Mr. Got, a young Thai lawyer. He fully understood our case and spoke good English. We went to Government House and got my wife’s name out of the central file, they said she would have to go to Korat Ampur. They next day we headed out in a rental car and my trusty Garmin Nuvi GPS with Thai chip. I was surprised as how easy it was to drive out our Bnagkok with the GPS. We arrived in Korat and met Mr. Got, who had traveled there the night before by train. We went to the Korat Ampur, some paper work was done, but they said we had to go to Ampur in Non Sung, my wife’s original village. This was a two hour drive so we planned to go the next day. On the way to Non Sung I asked Mr. Got if it was possible that after we got the ID card if we could possibly see if we could find my wife’s parents. She had not had contact with them for over 30 years and didn’t know if they were alive or not. He said yes, we can look into that. When we got to the Ampur the person looked up my wife’s file and said her name was still in her mother’s house, and she would have to bring her mother or a relative to vouch that my wife was who she said she was. The Ampur office gave us directions and we were off to find this house in the country. My wife was very nervous as she didn’t know any living relatives.

We arrived at the house, it was locked, this didn’t’ look good. Mr. Got talked to some of the neighbors and found that Samlee, my wife’s mother was babysitting down the street. Mr. Got went to find her, Samlee almost had a heart attack when she was told that her daughter was here. A reunion of mother and daughter, after over 30 years, each not knowing if the other was still alive. After hugs and kisses we all went, with a uncle, to the Ampur to finally get the ID Card. There is more to this story but that is for another time and place.

All I can say is this is one heck of a Law Office.

Oh, you were wondering how much all of this cost?

Would you believe less than $150 US? Unbelievable but true.

Bruce Kendall